PDA

View Full Version : Gem steals

luckygirl101
07-11-11, 01:11 PM
My food was ready to be served and when I clicked to serve it it clicked on the grill next to it. It took 5 of my gems that I worked really hard to get to finish my food that had 3 mins left. This isn't the first time this has happened. Can you please either refund my gems, offer more ways to get gems (without buying), or ask if you want to spend your gems before you officially spend them. I would really like my gems back. Please fix the problem. Thanks.

kmjnhh123
07-11-11, 01:41 PM
I acdentily spent 10 whole gems todai by mistake as well by clicking on fast finish wen i had like 1 min left!! I try to space my stoves out so that dnt happen, but yehh a would yu like button would be good! Its a bummer and i do it for BS as well

geniaaL2
07-13-11, 02:08 AM
happened to me like 10 times... and they wont give you anything back. this is ridiculous! they REALLY should add an "ARE YOU SURE? window" so you can atleast realize it before you waste 5 gems.
and BTW, this really should cost less than 5 gems. i mean 5 gems are almost worth 1 dollar. just for 1 dish to finish?? RIDICULOUS. the game's name should be restaurant robstory

Superyalda
07-13-11, 11:44 AM
my finger slipped while in design mode and I purchased the Holiday Box! Got a Santa! Woo hoo! It's Summer and I'm Jewish! 24 gems down the drain. I wouldn't even mind if I got a flower vase. but Santa??? Heaven help us!

kooky panda
07-13-11, 12:02 PM
lol -- not laughing at you but with you. I cannot tell you how many times I have lost gems because of scrolling in the store. I still wish they would let us put our gems in inventory so we have to go into storage to get them to use them.(then I would probably be scrolling inventory and hit gems my mistake--)

xokay
07-13-11, 12:30 PM
I wonder if iTunes can enforce something like this, it might be worth me putting an email together. It's really a sleazy business practice. Tiny Zoo, for example, has a confirm button for everything.

kooky panda
07-13-11, 12:34 PM
I wonder if iTunes can enforce something like this, it might be worth me putting an email together. It's really a sleazy business practice. Tiny Zoo, for example, has a confirm button for everything.
I also play trade nation and smurfville and they are set up the same way. I have actually tapped wrong and used real money by accident.

filo66
07-13-11, 01:20 PM
I wonder how much revenue TL gets from accidental useage and how much ill-will is generated by it...

There should be a confirmation. I've done two accidental magic box buys scrolling through in design mode.

moratorro
07-13-11, 02:04 PM
my finger slipped while in design mode and I purchased the Holiday Box! Got a Santa! [...]
Gee! My daughter would like that!
All kidding aside, I found the only way not to waste gems is... having no gems at all!
I mean, when I get 10 gems or so (by purchasing them or by mastering food), I use them as soon as possible, so there's no chance to waste them.
I would like to get 50 gems with gem sale, but it's too simple to lose them by mistake, so I don't get gems at all.
Teamlava should realize that it's in their interest to avoid these kind of things...

greygull
07-13-11, 02:14 PM
I love Treasure for the aspect for not exchanging items in for gems until I'm ready to use them. I too have slipped and purchased items, sped up food, etc. The only thing is I've learned to slow down and pay attention when there a chance of spending them. That's just me, I'm not saying that it's for everyone. I understand the confirmation, but have you thought about the flip side? I took advantage of one of the sales to buy gems to get some tables. I think between the gems I saved and the ones I bought, I was able to get 12 tables. How annoying would it be to have to confirm 12 times in a row? Or how about people who have gems purchased floor tiles in their whole restaurant? I can see both sides, and there's no easy answer for either side that I can see.

kooky panda
07-13-11, 02:23 PM
if when you went to storage to get your gems, you could hit a up arrow telling how many gems you want to use would be nice.

I would like this option in storage - like in farm I have over 3000 dog bowls I need to sell. It would be nice to go into storage hit dog bowls and hit up and down buttons showing quantity of items you want to sell or use.

Probably will never change but I will hold onto the dream!!!

Rachael98
07-13-11, 02:28 PM
I do like the idea of a gem inventory. I might buy a decent amount if that was implemented.
I agree greygull, that there would be loads of complaints over an Are you Sure every time. Perhaps it could work like iTunes? It registers that you want to spend for x amount of time. Then it pops up 'Are you Sure' again after that time.

greygull
07-13-11, 03:00 PM
Rachael, agree. A 15 minute window would work. Downside, people would still tap on something and spend gems during that time, and same problem starting over. Maybe a light switch type thing? Turn on to spend gems, turn off when done? I don't know.

Rachael98
07-13-11, 03:03 PM
Rachael, agree. A 15 minute window would work. Downside, people would still tap on something and spend gems during that time, and same problem starting over. Maybe a light switch type thing? Turn on to spend gems, turn off when done? I don't know.

Or a sign out of gem purchases? I suppose there are lots of ways. It might even be made game-related. Eg. FmS-ladybird wings open/closed, RS-pan lid open/closed, TS-treasure chest open/closed etc.

greygull
07-13-11, 03:07 PM
Or a sign out of gem purchases? I suppose there are lots of ways. It might even be made game-related. Eg. FmS-ladybird wings open/closed, RS-pan lid open/closed, TS-treasure chest open/closed etc.

Yeah, something like that. In the menu options, they moved things around, looking like they were making room for something. There's at least 2 places they could implement that now.

Rachael98
07-13-11, 03:08 PM
Yeah, something like that. In the menu options, they moved things around, looking like they were making room for something. There's at least 2 places they could implement that now.

Or just in Settings:D. What do you think, TL?

Superyalda
07-14-11, 01:33 AM
I think they just need a simple popup for confirmation. Something like this ...

Are you sure you want to purchase the Holiday box
and get a stupid Santa for 24 gems?
Yes Hell, NO!

Superyalda
07-14-11, 01:34 AM
I think they just need a simple popup for confirmation. Something like this ...

Are you sure you want to purchase the Holiday box
and get a stupid Santa for 24 gems?
------Yes-------Hell, NO!
That's better

luckygirl101
07-15-11, 12:52 PM
my finger slipped while in design mode and I purchased the Holiday Box! Got a Santa! Woo hoo! It's Summer and I'm Jewish! 24 gems down the drain. I wouldn't even mind if I got a flower vase. but Santa??? Heaven help us!

I'm sorry. I've had sort of the same problem when i opened my boxes. Although I use my items anyway because I payed for it so I'm going to use it. I'm sorry 