PDA

View Full Version : What's the point?

ghent96
07-11-11, 11:07 AM
What's the point of spending more for larger buildings, especially 2x2 tiles? They only give you a little XP once, then they just sit there waiting for a neighbor to "clean." Cleaning larger buildings doesn't do anything special. It's still just 100 coins, which is about worthless. Regardless of whether you have a $1k Boutique, or a $7.5mil Empire State Building, they still give you the same amount after cleaning. Buildings just SIT there, doing nothing. They give no gradual income or xp over time, like a real sim-city style game should.

What's the point of 2x2 tile buildings? Again, they just sit there taking up space, doing nothing, except even worse they take up the space of four one-tile buildings. They still only give the same amount from cleaning/collecting, right? They're worthless!

Am I missing something? What's the point besides just aesthetics?

xokay
07-11-11, 11:56 AM
The "point" is to have varieties of sizes, styles, and types of buildings to make your building look like a real city. The game doesn't work like Sim City. The only constant xp and income you receive is by using the factories and completing factories.

ghent96
07-11-11, 12:39 PM
So there is no point. That's really lame.

I could just leave my city 9x9 and do nothing but have Boutiques and 1 Simple House and thus always have a big smile... which... also seems to do nothing and have no point...

Phthon
07-11-11, 12:42 PM
you get 1 xp point each time a neighbor cleans a building on top of the 100 coins.

driftboutique
07-11-11, 12:59 PM
This thread is highly existential.

Swiminn6
07-11-11, 08:34 PM
The point of the game is to have fun, meet friends, and make a real life city.. NOT to get the most coins, XP, etc.. If you think there's not point, then delete the app and stop complaining. Simple as that!

Mogwai4111
07-11-11, 09:25 PM
I agree with the original poster. I mean why even call it City Story if the game isn't about making a city at all, but rather about maximizing profit. It should be called Land Raper Story. :)