PDA

View Full Version : Frantically seeking flower solution

gitten
07-09-11, 09:19 AM
What is the secret to keeping gorgeous flower beds permanently on the farm??? I have visited several farms for weeks, at all different times of the day. The flowers bloom on! I thought by not gathering the flower when watered was solution - only for a day. Do you have to have a neighbor water it every day? I really, really want never ending flower beds on my farm. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

kooky panda
07-09-11, 09:35 AM
What is the secret to keeping gorgeous flower beds permanently on the farm??? I have visited several farms for weeks, at all different times of the day. The flowers bloom on! I thought by not gathering the flower when watered was solution - only for a day. Do you have to have a neighbor water it every day? I really, really want never ending flower beds on my farm. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Gitten

Flowers and trees on farm never die. You can use them as decorations and not collect from them so they will stay grown.

kooky panda
07-09-11, 09:54 AM
FYI. If you play zoo story. Trees do not die there either... I usually use energy for crops first.
Also trees do not bring in very much food compared to the crops

gitten
07-09-11, 10:34 AM
Thanks kooky panda

I knew there had to be something I wasn't doing. The item I practiced on was a vegetable not a flower. It does seem that watered crops last longer, so will start with that for neighbors. Thanks for information - i will start planning my flower garden soon!!! And your suggestion to plant different crops has worked out where I am earning more coins. So, thanks for that! I knew that trees didn't die on both farm and zoo (I do play). I usually do collect crops on zoo first but sometimes just go down collecting both - will now just collect crops first - will also save energy - can wait to harvest trees until energy builds up.

hectorloch
07-09-11, 10:52 AM
Thanks kooky panda

I knew there had to be something I wasn't doing. The item I practiced on was a vegetable not a flower. It does seem that watered crops last longer, so will start with that for neighbors. Thanks for information - i will start planning my flower garden soon!!! And your suggestion to plant different crops has worked out where I am earning more coins. So, thanks for that! I knew that trees didn't die on both farm and zoo (I do play). I usually do collect crops on zoo first but sometimes just go down collecting both - will now just collect crops first - will also save energy - can wait to harvest trees until energy builds up.

Watering doesn't lengthen the life of any crops. You know about trees and flowers now; crops will wither and die after approximately the same length of time it took them to grow. The only exceptions are strawberries and raspberries (and I presume peanuts too) where they will last for 20 mins or so before withering. If your plants wither, obviously you'll lose the cost of planting them but also 10 coins a plot to clear them and re-plough the plots.

gitten
07-10-11, 06:16 PM
However - must be sure not to plant crops near those flowers. Harvested cabbages next to flowers and got a lily as an unexpected bonus - OOOPS!!!!!!! Just one tap and into the coin pot. Can't wait to plant them around the house. Right now am trying to expand so have few fun things out.