PDA

View Full Version : mobster wars for free? No free gems!!

aromakiss
07-09-11, 12:02 AM
I won't download if there is no free gems

xSnowyOwlx
07-09-11, 12:06 AM
I'm not exactly sure what the point of this thread is. If you don't want to download then don't download, simple as that.

greygull
07-09-11, 12:33 AM
I was wondering if someone tried it. Was only on for a few minutes, it pops up every 2-3 clicks. Guess I have to dl it just to get rid of it!

aromakiss
07-09-11, 12:37 AM
Yeah greygull. So irritating to keep popping up...

Rachael98
07-09-11, 03:20 AM
I'm now on it. It seems to be another S8 to TL type rebrand. Because we now have FireMocha (firemocha.com)! Obviously, I already have all their games (just one at the moment actually) and am a Forum (forums.firemocha.com) Member. I must say that it's nice to have a signiture and other tools there that I don't have here:D

theyeti1
07-09-11, 06:22 AM
What's the deal with this? This has to stop. It pops up all the time...this is the type of annoyance that will eventually lead to me playing less and less....which means not buying gems.

Rachael98
07-09-11, 07:09 AM
What's the deal with this? This has to stop. It pops up all the time...this is the type of annoyance that will eventually lead to me playing less and less....which means not buying gems.

I think they want to give their new studio (firemocha.com) a good start. What better way to do it than through their own successful games?

MiniLaura
07-09-11, 07:54 AM
So, has anyone downloaded it yet? I'm not going to do so unless they say I can get free gems for it.

I don't want to download it to stop the pop up only to find out that they offer free gems for it in the future.

caesarslaw
07-09-11, 08:41 AM
Hmm disappointed we can't getgems even if it would be one gem...wanna try it but won't I want gems :/

Rachael98
07-09-11, 08:45 AM
Hmm disappointed we can't getgems even if it would be one gem...wanna try it but won't I want gems :/

It's (FireMocha (firemocha.com)) basically a mix of Storm8 (storm8.com) and TeamLava (teamlava.com) games. You have some S8 features and some TL features. I still like TL best, but it's not too bad; however, my opinions on their (firemocha.com) games probably need to go on the FireMocha Forums (forums.firemocha.com), not the TeamLava ones (forums.teamlava.com).

xSnowyOwlx
07-09-11, 11:17 AM
Perhaps Team Lava has finally gotten a warning from Apple. See, the way they were able to keep offering game downloads for free gems (or city/club cash) was offering their own games and Apple had actually dropped some apps from other developers for the process of offering other developer's games for download to get free stuff because Apple doesn't like the way it messed up their ratings system where the more downloads an app gets the more "popular" they think it is. Anyone seen how the actual user ratings don't reflect on that "Top 25 paid/free" apps pages are?
I don't know if this is the case but maybe it is because I know Apple pushed some games off the App Store because of it.

redbites
07-09-11, 11:29 AM
Play mob wars with me ID:redbites

Rachael98
07-09-11, 12:09 PM
Perhaps Team Lava has finally gotten a warning from Apple. See, the way they were able to keep offering game downloads for free gems (or city/club cash) was offering their own games and Apple had actually dropped some apps from other developers for the process of offering other developer's games for download to get free stuff because Apple doesn't like the way it messed up their ratings system where the more downloads an app gets the more "popular" they think it is. Anyone seen how the actual user ratings don't reflect on that "Top 25 paid/free" apps pages are?
I don't know if this is the case but maybe it is because I know Apple pushed some games off the App Store because of it.

Actually, I think that TL are FM. It's the same way the S8 are TL.

Rachael98
07-09-11, 12:11 PM
Play mob wars with me ID:redbites

On the FM Forums (forums.firemocha.com) too, I see:D. I look forward to being with you there;)

xSnowyOwlx
07-09-11, 01:33 PM
Actually, I think that TL are FM. It's the same way the S8 are TL.

Well, whoever the developers are, I know that the one game I play that had gotten kicked off the app store is back and they are advertising to download another game of theirs but they aren't offering the special game currency so I think maybe Apple also pulled the plug on advertising other games you make in exchange for game currency as well and of course they don't want their apps kicked off the app store.

Rachael98
07-09-11, 05:17 PM
Well, whoever the developers are, I know that the one game I play that had gotten kicked off the app store is back and they are advertising to download another game of theirs but they aren't offering the special game currency so I think maybe Apple also pulled the plug on advertising other games you make in exchange for game currency as well and of course they don't want their apps kicked off the app store.

I think it might cause of lot of trouble for Apple if TL got booted.

xSnowyOwlx
07-09-11, 05:41 PM
I think it might cause of lot of trouble for Apple if TL got booted.

Maybe, maybe not. I was just pondering about why it doesn't earn gems or city/club cash in any of the games and remembered that Apple doesn't allow this for other free games anymore and the article I read included information on the Team Lava games getting away with it because they only offered their own games but maybe Apple has put a stop to that as well.

kooky panda
07-09-11, 06:46 PM
I play trade nation and we use to get free beans buy downloading other games from app store. They have now stopped
Offering this. We can only get beans if we buy app no more free games to download

xSnowyOwlx
07-09-11, 07:51 PM
I play trade nation and we use to get free beans buy downloading other games from app store. They have now stopped
Offering this. We can only get beans if we buy app no more free games to download

If this is for an Apple product that's probably why, Apple doesn't want to allow that stuff anymore because of their silly rating system would get messed up from it.

jovenal
07-09-11, 07:53 PM

Play Trade Nation too. The reason the free bean was halted because TapJoy can no longer offer them. Apple put a stop on all free apps download for a bean/gem/citycash because it was messing up their rating system. Btw, you can get some free bean for watching videos.

xSnowyOwlx
07-09-11, 07:57 PM
Play Trade Nation too. The reason the free bean was halted because TapJoy can no longer offer them. Apple put a stop on all free apps download for a bean/gem/citycash because it was messing up their rating system. Btw, you can get some free bean for watching videos.

Do you know how to find the original article discussing this? I know I read it back in May but I can't remember where... I'm glad at least somebody else knows as well.

kooky panda
07-09-11, 08:16 PM
Do you know how to find the original article discussing this? I know I read it back in May but I can't remember where... I'm glad at least somebody else knows as well.

http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2011/04/20/game-developers-grapple-incentivized-install-crackdown-apple/

Here is the article I saw

jovenal
07-09-11, 08:22 PM
http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2011/04/20/game-developers-grapple-incentivized-install-crackdown-apple/

Here is the article I saw

Here's another one... http://venturebeat.com/2011/05/31/tapjoy-says-apples-ban-on-promos-is-****ing-mobile-game-profits/

just search TapJoy vs Apple and you'll find several article relating to this.

kooky panda
07-09-11, 08:35 PM
Hey jovenal thanks did not know about videos. Hey maybe since tl hands are tied right now they can offer some ad videos to earn gems. I do not think people would mind watching to get some free gems...well at long as the offer disappears after you watch the video...lol

jovenal
07-09-11, 08:48 PM
Hey jovenal thanks did not know about videos. Hey maybe since tl hands are tied right now they can offer some ad videos to earn gems. I do not think people would mind watching to get some free gems...well at long as the offer disappears after you watch the video...lol

There were a couple of video there last night (Ford and VS) and they were taken out of the list after watched them. You're right! I don't think Story gamers wouldn't mind watching a short ad for a free gem/citycash. I wish TL would pick up one of the feature we have there; the "Magic Bean Cooldown' to stop unintentional usage of Magic Bean.

kooky panda
07-09-11, 08:59 PM
There were a couple of video there last night (Ford and VS) and they were taken out of the list after watched them. You're right! I don't think Story gamers wouldn't mind watching a short ad for a free gem/citycash. I wish TL would pick up one of the feature we have there; the "Magic Bean Cooldown' to stop unintentional usage of Magic Bean.

I agree on magic bean cooldown

Need nbr over there? I play daily. User. Kookypanda.

jovenal
07-09-11, 09:07 PM
I agree on magic bean cooldown

Need nbr over there? I play daily. User. Kookypanda.

Sure, I always need a great nbr. Feel free to use the shop for any length of time. I don't decline.. sent request.

theyeti1
07-09-11, 11:51 PM
Sell the soap all you want...abc baby...I'm all for it...just why do it so annoyingly that makes me not want to play it. The pop ups have to stop. The little news thing is ok...just stop the constant pop ups (that's what she said - Michael Scott)

babhiejo
07-10-11, 03:41 AM
i downloaded it... and was actually enjoying it... til it stopped working :'(

myweedpatch
07-10-11, 11:51 PM
Same happened for me with all the download games that said free gems. Im thinking the gems are free for the game your downloading, and not the one your currently on when u respond to the advertisement?

xokay
07-11-11, 08:00 AM
Interesting read. Seems these game developers will have to come up with another means of boosting their download rates.

P.S I've never had friends on Trade Nations which meant I've kind of stopped playing, but add me (kaythx) :)

GroupMagma
07-11-11, 01:16 PM
This thread has sort of dovetailed; you're welcome to talk about FM games, but please do so in Off-Topic, or better yet, in those forums.

As to the origin of this thread, I'll contact the engineers regarding the consistency of the pop-ups. Thanks for letting us know.

luckygirl101
07-11-11, 04:22 PM
I agree! What's the point of dealing with the pop up or downloading a game if you don't get anything out of it. I think that if the only way to get gems is cooking, then they should give us other options like downloading games for gems.