PDA

View Full Version : requesting materials doesn't "reset" at midnight PST?

sugarcrisis
07-08-11, 12:27 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched through the forums and couldn't find any discussion about this, and it's really been confusing me. Does anyone understand the "reset" time for accepting materials requests? Several times I tried accepting requests a little after midnight, yet I get the maxed out message. I thought accepting requests worked like accepting normal gifts; after midnight PST we should be able to accept new gifts, but accepting reqs apparently doesn't reset at 12am. There have also been times where I cannot accept a neighbor's req b/c they're maxed out, but then a few minutes later it goes through (this happens during the morning/afternoon PST).

So does it start over the next day at the exact time since we last sent out a req? But what if we send out multiple reqs all throughout the day - how do we know when we're allowed to accept parts again after maxing out??

And there have been times when I only sent out a few (less than 20) requests in one day, and my neighbors tell me I'm maxed out! How?! If anyone can help me figure this out, I'd be really grateful!

greygull
07-08-11, 12:37 AM
I'll do my best, but no promises lol!

Tipping resets at midnight PST. Gifting, requesting parts, and filling others requests are 24 hours from the last time. Actually I think it's more like 24 hours plus a couple of minutes, but that's my opinion. If someone sends you a request, and you fill it an hour later (I know there aren't actually times on there, I'm just using an example), they can ask you again 24 hours after they first asked, but you have to wait that additional hour to be 24 hours from when you filled it.

You can accept gifts (food or parts) at midnight as well. I'm still waiting to hear a definite answer to this, but I think if you accept parts as gifts, it does count towards your 20 max a day. So even if you only request 10 parts one day, but accepted 15 parts as gifts, 5 people wouldn't be able to fill your request. Like I said, still waiting on the answer.

Hope some of this helps!

sugarcrisis
07-08-11, 01:02 AM
Ah ok the first part of your explanation makes sense, though it's kinda annoying b/c we have no idea at what time our neighbor accepted our request.

But for the 2nd part... I'm not so sure both accepting reqs & parts as gifts count towards the 20 max. There are times when I'm maxed out on normal gifting (I only accept parts as gifts), yet I noticed my neighbors are still able to accept my reqs (I can tell by checking the progress on my unfinished machine). Ughhh so then WHY do I max out on reqs when I've only sent out less than 20 in one day?! Team Lava please clear this up!

bobbyrae
07-08-11, 06:41 AM
As it relates to accepting gifts, i don't accept gifts early in the day. I wait until later in the evening to accept them & so end up receiving more than 20 gifts each day.

dirigibl
07-09-11, 01:18 PM
I've been operating under the assumption that - at least hypothetically - u can receive up to 40 parts per day - 20 through gifts and 20 through requests.

dirigibl
07-09-11, 03:34 PM
Another question - has anyone noticed a cut off for the number of part requests you can have from your nbrs in your feed at any one time? I think it may be around 10. Does this mean that other requests "fall off" the bottom of the list and you may never receive them?

Rachael98
07-09-11, 04:29 PM
Another question - has anyone noticed a cut off for the number of part requests you can have from your nbrs in your feed at any one time? I think it may be around 10. Does this mean that other requests "fall off" the bottom of the list and you may never receive them?

No, I don't have this.