PDA

View Full Version : Bakery gifts

rubyvillenorth
07-07-11, 02:09 PM
I was wondering if someone can help me understand how the gift process works. Is it true we can only receive 20 gifts from nbrs? Does this include the gifts for constructing ovens and ice-cream machines? Why is there a limit anyway?? Also, if I send out requests for items at night, I can't send out requests the next day. Why is that?

mattdiner
07-07-11, 02:13 PM
I would guess:
20 gifts as responses to material requests
-and-
20 gifts that you accept with the "accept" button.
Declined gifts don't count.

bawpotter
07-07-11, 02:16 PM
1. Yes, you can only recieve 20 gifts per day. You can also recieve 20 parts per day, but only if you request them. If you do not request them and someone sends them as gifts, they will count as a gift.
2. Like I said before, it does include the parts for constructing appliances.
3. I really don't know why TL has a limit, but my guess is that they don't want you to have so many gifts in one day. 20 is way more than enough. If 20 people send you stew, that is 3000 plates per day.
4. Gifting and Item Requests are on a 24-hour basis, not day-to-day. Tipping resets at midnight. Always. Gifting and Requesting resets 24 hours after you last gifted or requested that person.

Hope this helps!

Rachael98
07-07-11, 02:18 PM
1. Yes, you can only recieve 20 gifts per day. You can also recieve 20 parts per day, but only if you request them. If you do not request them and someone sends them as gifts, they will count as a gift.
2. Like I said before, it does include the parts for constructing appliances.
3. I really don't know why TL has a limit, but my guess is that they don't want you to have so many gifts in one day. 20 is way more than enough. If 20 people send you stew, that is 3000 plates per day.
4. Gifting and Item Requests are on a 24-hour basis, not day-to-day. Tipping resets at midnight. Always. Gifting and Requesting resets 24 hours after you last gifted or requested that person.

Hope this helps!

One slight addition: midnight Pacific Daylight Time. Not midnight where you necessarily are.

bawpotter
07-07-11, 02:31 PM
True, I didn't think of that.

Rachael98
07-07-11, 02:40 PM
True, I didn't think of that.

It's great for me. It resets just before I get home:D.

bawpotter
07-07-11, 02:41 PM
That's cool. You do it every night after dinner?

Rachael98
07-07-11, 02:42 PM
That's cool. You do it every night after dinner?

Well, it changes just when I get home, but I go through my neighbours every night after dinner and whatever else I do.

bawpotter
07-07-11, 02:44 PM
I tend to do it before I go to sleep. It sort of makes me wind down.

Rachael98
07-07-11, 02:45 PM
I tend to do it before I go to sleep. It sort of makes me wind down.

No, I come onto the forums before I go to sleep. The problem with that is that I get carried away with time and end up getting less than 5 hours sleep:(. Anyway, this is now off-topic, so I'd recommend continuing this through our VMs.

KeyWestKoffee
07-12-11, 11:33 AM
When and how do gifts expire?

Rachael98
07-12-11, 04:04 PM
When and how do gifts expire?

I believe that expiring gifts is a glitch. As far as I'm aware, it's random. Sorry.

maryd1215
07-15-11, 04:25 AM
Is there any way of telling how many gifts you've already accepted? Could some kind of count be added when we accept one telling us how many we have left?

rubyvillenorth
07-17-11, 10:29 AM
Thanks for helping me understand! Makes sense now.

nmishii
07-17-11, 10:39 AM
Is there any way of telling how many gifts you've already accepted? Could some kind of count be added when we accept one telling us how many we have left?

It would be nice to have a gift count but there isn't one. I just keep my gifts in my inventory until I hit 20 gifts. I can check my inventory to see how many gifts have been accepted for the day