PDA

View Full Version : Gift and Request - How to give people what they want

mamm1
07-07-11, 11:46 AM
I just love the materials to make ice cream machines but I'm all stressed out trying to give people what they want. I can't remember who wants material or who wants food. And what kind of material or what kind of food.... So what do you do? Do you read on your neighbors walls, asks for requests or do you just send whatever you like, as people can delete. And how do you keep track of whom you already requested from. I request all the time and probaly the same people... So it's a bit insane and I might just go mental.....:p(YES, I know it's only a game:rolleyes:)

badger8
07-07-11, 01:32 PM
Since the new appliances have come out, I've been gifting parts for those. I have a nbr or two that has requested to receive only food (usually the Android folks), so I try to remember who those are and gift accordingly. Don't **** yourself trying to remember who wants what. Most players have way more than 20 nbrs and will just decline a gift they don't want. It's what I do anyway. Not worth getting your knickers in a twist!!
Have fun!

bawpotter
07-07-11, 02:24 PM
Pretty much for me, if certain people request parts I send those first, and then I send stew or parts, depending on the day.

Rachael98
07-07-11, 02:44 PM
Some people keep spreadsheets on it. You can do that if you're really concerned, but as you say, it's just a game.

bawpotter
07-07-11, 02:44 PM
You're not serious about the spreadsheets are you?

Rachael98
07-07-11, 02:51 PM
You're not serious about the spreadsheets are you?

Yes. I don't. But a few do to make the ultimate neighbour. I just keep it down to so few people that I can remember any requests.

dirigibl
07-07-11, 09:37 PM
I gift parts when I visit and tip nbrs thru out the day. While I'm there, if I see a box, I'll tap on it to find out what appliance they are building and gift a part for that appliance. Everyone else gets Capp at the end of the day.

xSnowyOwlx
07-07-11, 09:55 PM
I personally just tell people who demand only the materials and the cappuccino that I don't have time to gift everyone individually so I won't do that and they have to send a request or delete me. Usually I just end up deleting them because I refuse to have another player trying to control how I play the game. They don't need me as a neighbor and I don't need them, either.

I always respond when someone sends me a request but so often people are doing this before I am even able to send them another material (like I get the message I've already sent them a material today) and I don't know how they do that, personally.

cast1532
07-07-11, 10:24 PM
What I do is go to each neighbor and see if they have a box. If they do, they get a material for it. If they don't, they get food. This takes forever to do but it's worth it.

greygull
07-07-11, 10:44 PM
It's not a spreadsheet, but I do have a list. Just names. I have on my wall if you would like parts as gifts just let me know. They say yes, I write them down. I gift first, parts for those that ask - but all the same parts, stew for all that either didn't ask, or asked not to have parts. If I happen to catch a post on someone's wall asking for parts, I'll add them to my list.

Unless you have a very small group of dedicated neighbors, I would suggest don't try to please each person. It is only a game! Or join me in the slightly OCD world with lists lol!

cast1532
07-07-11, 10:51 PM
I'm going to make a list but I'm too lazy to do one.

blondhorse
07-13-11, 12:24 AM
I personally just tell people who demand only the materials and the cappuccino that I don't have time to gift everyone individually so I won't do that and they have to send a request or delete me. Usually I just end up deleting them because I refuse to have another player trying to control how I play the game. They don't need me as a neighbor and I don't need them, either.

I always respond when someone sends me a request but so often people are doing this before I am even able to send them another material (like I get the message I've already sent them a material today) and I don't know how they do that, personally.

I have "run into" a few demanding neighbors also. I do not mind helping them out, unless they are rude about it...then delete them. I have also had two people stop ny and tip, only to demand I come tip them back NOW! Do people not realize they get more from being nice? Lol.

bobbyrae
07-15-11, 08:12 PM
It's not a spreadsheet, but I do have a list. Just names. I have on my wall if you would like parts as gifts just let me know. They say yes, I write them down. I gift first, parts for those that ask - but all the same parts, stew for all that either didn't ask, or asked not to have parts. If I happen to catch a post on someone's wall asking for parts, I'll add them to my list.

I used to have a list. It nearly drove me crazy. So i have a note on my wall saying, "if you'd like parts, please let me know, otherwise i gift stew." Those who post on my wall that they want parts usually say what part they want, and i gift those. Everyone else gets stew. If, while tipping i see a box, i'll check their wall after i post to see if there was some specific part they wanted. If they haven't specified then i pick a part, usually screws and send that.

But yup...this parts vs stew thing can get out of hand very quickly.

kamawi
07-18-11, 08:41 PM
Quick question. I have a droid phone and for some reason I can't send parts or anything. Does anyone know why?

jaid666
07-18-11, 09:45 PM
Quick question. I have a droid phone and for some reason I can't send parts or anything. Does anyone know why?

It's because you're on a droid. Currently parts/constructable items aren't available for us. Hopefully we'll get them soon though.

khtran
07-19-11, 12:08 AM
I just hate giving gifts now. I contribute my hatred in giving gifts to TeamLava breaking something that was perfectly working. It used to be that when you visit a neighbor and click on the gift box icon, that neighbor's name would be on top of the list. Now it's broken and I basically have to scroll to look for that particular neighbor's name. This adds more to time in looking and searching instead of going on to the next neighbor to tip or give gifts.

Thus, now whenever a neighbor request materials, I would accept but not give additional gifts as it's too time consuming.

Too bad a lot of TL's fixing only makes the game less fun (for me). I do appreciate new food dishes and appliances but please leave something that was working alone

gobblies
07-19-11, 12:14 AM
I just hate giving gifts now. I contribute my hatred in giving gifts to TeamLava breaking something that was perfectly working. It used to be that when you visit a neighbor and click on the gift box icon, that neighbor's name would be on top of the list. Now it's broken and I basically have to scroll to look for that particular neighbor's name. This adds more to time in looking and searching instead of going on to the next neighbor to tip or give gifts.
Thus, now whenever a neighbor request materials, I would accept but not give additional gifts as it's too time consuming.

Too bad a lot of TL's fixing only makes the game less fun (for me). I do appreciate new food dishes and appliances but please leave something that was working alone

I agree, but I have 10 seconds to spare visiting others places. Shame playing these games is a rush for people :p

khtran
07-19-11, 12:19 AM
Please don't take and think it's a rush. We all have families and things we need to do in real life but at the same time we try to be a "good neighbor" and help out the neighbors. But if I have to sit there and spend even one minute to try to look for a neighbor's name x how many neighbors you tried to do the same thing, then I must answer that I'd rather spend that 20-30 minutes with my children and sitting there looking and searching.

khtran
07-19-11, 12:21 AM
Sorry I meant to say than sitting there and looking and searching. Too bad this forum does not have the edit button

Miquilis
07-20-11, 04:24 PM
Haha, I thought I was the only one that worried about this! It is stressful especially since I've had a few neighbours write on my wall saying I sent them wrong gift or they didn't want cappuccino. I just try fill all material requests sent to me (if they've already accepted 20 I'll try gift them that part instead) and then I send all the rest cappucinos. Who doesn't like cappucinos? For the first few days since the easy appliances/ice cream machine came out I always gave paint and gears since they work for both but since I feel like alot are finished building I stopped.