PDA

View Full Version : How many new buildings is there in "Magic Case"?

Unregistered
09-18-10, 05:49 AM
I chose Enhance-->Magic Case three times for my mindless, and I got Luxury Condos, Ice Cream Store and Wind Farm.

I want to how many new builings is coming in latest updating.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 05:52 AM
I chose Enhance-->Magic Case three times for my mindless, and I got Luxury Condos, Ice Cream Store and Wind Farm.

I want to how many new builings is coming in latest updating.

I wan to know how many...

These three buildings are very cute, and I like it so much.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 06:03 AM
Luxury condo
Fancy condo
Saint basil
Big Ben
St cathedral
Ice cream shop
Adobe house
Wind farm
That's at least what I know is in magic chest

Unregistered
09-18-10, 06:11 AM
Luxury condo
Fancy condo
Saint basil
Big Ben
St cathedral
Ice cream shop
Adobe house
Wind farm

Did u have all above? Could u give me your ID? I want to see it...

Unregistered
09-18-10, 08:45 AM
So far I see 9 "Special" buildings that each cost 5$ and there is currently 9.
45$ for the slim chance of getting all "Special" buildings without getting duplicates.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 09:30 AM
So far I see 9 "Special" buildings that each cost 5$ and there is currently 9.
45$ for the slim chance of getting all "Special" buildings without getting duplicates.

This is what I was wondering--do give duplicates? Boy would I be ticked to get more than 1 wind farm, for example.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 09:35 AM
So, with the magic case you get three random buildings out of the nine possible listed above?

Unregistered
09-18-10, 09:47 AM
One magic case contains one randomly seelcted item.

And chanes are you will receive duplicates.
Out of 6 cases I bought so far, 2 of them were Adobe Houses.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 12:02 PM
its not fair that you waste $24 and just get a wind farm!
or atleast they should have better items than the wind farm or the ice cream store.
they should have the TAJ MAHAL

Unregistered
09-18-10, 02:04 PM
I've already written & complained about this. They make sound like it's these special buildings, and Im highly disappointed. I want them to take the condo back & refund my bucks for me to spend on something else.

Magic should be magic, not a building that's not that much different from something you already have. It's a huge rip off, and it ticks me off.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 02:31 PM
Not only are you paying good REAL money for the chance to open the Magic Case - but you have NO IDEA what the happiness or population factor is when you buy one - I foolishly thought you might get a choice, or further info, but NO, I got a wind-farm, which is exactly 600 happiness points (I checked by putting it into inventory, and then installing it again) SIX HUNDRED MEASLY POINTS for $5.00 of REAL MONEY --- I WANT MY MONEY BACK, and you can HAVE your Wind Farm! What I was hoping for is a chance at St. Basil's or a real IMPACT on happiness!

Supervolcano
09-18-10, 02:32 PM
While I do like the concept of the Magic Case, I'm slightly disappointed at the population/happiness values of the items that I've aquired so far.

Adobe House (common) - 450 population
Wind Farm (common) - 300 happiness
Fancy Condos (uncommon) - 900 population
Luxury Condo (uncommon) - 750 population
Big Ben (rare) - 1,440 happiness

Both of the condos take up 4 spots, so that's just 225 and 187 population per spot for these 2 "uncommon" items.

I received 2 Adobe Houses and I feel better using those "common" items because they are far more efficient than either of the "uncommon" condos I have since the two houses are equal or greater than the population I get for just one of the condos ... and take up half of the space.

Do the condos look cool?
Yes!

Are they efficient?
No ... their population should be raised.

And Big Ben (while it does look very cool) also takes up 4 spots for just 1,440 happiness for a "rare" item, which is 360 per spot, and it's not even cleanable so I lose out on 4 more cleaning stars by using it?

If anyone wants to see these 5 Magic Case items, my Storm8 ID is "Supervolcano".
I try to clean back everyone who posts on my wall each day.
I have over 2400 neighbors, so I can't keep up with cleaning back if you don't post.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 11:42 PM
Luxury condo
Fancy condo
Saint basil
Big Ben
St cathedral
Ice cream shop
Adobe house
Wind farm
I just found someone with "Burj Al Arab Hotel".

Unregistered
09-19-10, 10:20 AM
yeah there is Burj Al Arab , and i wish i can get it. why cant we buy these buildings instead of this "magic case" thing :( buy them with coins!! what is the difference between Burj Al Arab and Eiffel Tower :/ for example

Unregistered
09-19-10, 11:40 AM
Here is someone with jarab hotel or something like that

http://beebee2see.appspot.com.nyud.net/d/agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchULEgxJbWFnZUFuZFRleHQY5dTrAQw.jp g

Does anyone have this too?

Unregistered
09-19-10, 12:14 PM

http://beebee2see.appspot.com.nyud.net/d/agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchULEgxJbWFnZUFuZFRleHQY5dTrAQw.jp g

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/d1c9783b.jpg

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/4cd10ad1.jpg

Unregistered
09-19-10, 12:27 PM
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/08f47030.jpg

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/ec645cf5.jpg

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/bf75b2d6.jpg

Unregistered
09-19-10, 12:55 PM

That is the "Burj Al Arab Hotel" which was previously mentioned.
;)

Unregistered
09-19-10, 01:41 PM
That is the "Burj Al Arab Hotel" which was previously mentioned.
;)

I count in this photo of the city at least 14 buildings from the magic case... That is a lot of real money for a virtual city...

Unregistered
09-19-10, 03:17 PM
I count in this photo of the city at least 14 buildings from the magic case... That is a lot of real money for a virtual city...

Here there are about 24 new buildings!

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/e2ebb7da.jpg

Details of the same city

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/f0bb1753.jpg

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/e2aba98e.jpg

Unregistered
09-19-10, 08:36 PM
Did u have all above? Could u give me your ID? I want to see it... Got most of them :p--- utopia -----

Unregistered
09-20-10, 03:59 AM
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/200e20a7.jpg

Unregistered
09-20-10, 04:02 AM
Is there a TajMahal among the magic case buildings? And if so does anyone have a photo of it? I'd really like to see !!!

Supervolcano
09-20-10, 11:53 AM
Here's what I've witnessed so far.

Ice Cream Store (common) - 600 happiness
Saint Basil's (?????) - ?????
Burj Al Arab Hotel (?????) - ?????

Can anyone fill in the blanks for Saint Basil's and Burj Al Arab Hotel please?
Need to know the rarity of the items and how much happiness or populatiuon they give.

To figure this out:
1) note your current population and happiness values in your profile.
2) edit your city and hide the item.
3) check your population and happiness values again.
4) subtract new from old to give you the answer.
5) edit city again and put the item back where it was.

And are there any other items you've encountered that aren't listed?
If so, please give the precise name.

Thanks for helping!
Storm8 ID: Supervolcano

Mas-Ville
09-20-10, 12:21 PM
While I still enjoy CS (not nearly as much as FS tho) I have to say the price for the magic case i steep and i do tend t agree with a majority of the players.

It is supposed to be a tease to get you to spend the money for the chance. We all know the risks (or at least now we do) now and I imagine those with deep pockets will bite and those who choose not to spend their money with just have to wait till things (hopefully) adjust in the game.

I dont think a rebate or price drop is in the works...but they have listened to us before so who knows?

Lets hope they change things around a bit and make it more enjoyable for everyone across the board.

I will commend that this magic case is a gamble in keeping membership. Lets see how it pans out.

(note: I bit and bought 48 city cash only to get an adobe house and a condo...realized when i should cut my losses)

Mas-Ville

Unregistered
09-20-10, 04:26 PM
Its nuts how much people pay for this stuff!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/nicola_ball/1d3f44de.jpg

opsalville1
09-20-10, 10:11 PM
I am wondering if maybe things are set by what level you are at. The higher the level the more choices available?
all I have received is the ice cream shop, adobe house, lux condo & wind farm. I have received duos of everything but the lux condos.
Thxs
nic

Unregistered
09-20-10, 10:42 PM
Got most of them :p--- utopia -----

Can you give me your storm8 id, as I dont know how else to look at your city without adding you as a neighbour.

Farmerrobbo
09-21-10, 03:48 AM
Yes, it crossed my mind that the gifts you receive might be somehow related to the level you're on.

Unregistered
09-21-10, 01:17 PM
Here's what I've witnessed so far.

Ice Cream Store (common) - 600 happiness
Saint Basil's (?????) - ?????
Burj Al Arab Hotel (?????) - ?????

Can anyone fill in the blanks for Saint Basil's and Burj Al Arab Hotel please?
Need to know the rarity of the items and how much happiness or populatiuon they give.

To figure this out:
1) note your current population and happiness values in your profile.
2) edit your city and hide the item.
3) check your population and happiness values again.
4) subtract new from old to give you the answer.
5) edit city again and put the item back where it was.

And are there any other items you've encountered that aren't listed?
If so, please give the precise name.

Thanks for helping!
Storm8 ID: Supervolcano

Saint Basil's = 2,040 Happiness

Unregistered
09-21-10, 01:19 PM
Saint Basil's = 2,040 Happiness

Sorry..... it's also a Rare item.

addicted2
09-21-10, 09:28 PM
I'm sorry for being so abrupt but to someone with limited funds I find it crazy people are spending money like this. Where's the fun gone I want my game to last forever so happy to take my time, it comes to those that wait also doesn't anyone think some cities look a bit silly with all these monstrosities together. Anyone complaining about spending ?50/60 'A fool and his money are soon parted'.

Having said all that, at the beginning I too started to lose track of the game by spending money to expand as quick as I could, now I've reached the limit Oh why didn't I wait? Another point is space, it's ok to bring in new stuff but how about making the size limit higher to fit them all in. Farm goes to 22x22 not 19x19 as city is.

I do hope nobody is upset with my comment they are not said in malice.

Supervolcano
09-23-10, 07:45 PM
For those people wondering what chance you have to obtain what in the Magic Cases ... if the percentages are the same as the Storm8 game, here you go:

54% chance you get a Common item.
35% chance you get an Uncommon item.
10% chance you get a Rare item.
1% chance you get an Exceptional item.

And here's what we've seen so far:

Wind Farm (common) - business - 300 happiness
Adobe House (common) - residence - 450 population
Ice Cream Store (common) - business - 600 happiness
Luxury Condo (uncommon) - residence - 750 population
Fancy Condos (uncommon) - residence - 900 population
Big Ben (rare) - decoration - 1,440 happiness
Saint Basil's (rare) - decoration - 2,040 happiness
Burj Al Arab Hotel (exceptional) - business - ????? happiness

So has anyone figured out how much happiness the "Burj Al Arab Hotel" gives?

Unregistered
09-23-10, 07:47 PM
You could take your time and still not get the rare items and end up spending a lot of money over the long run. The main issue here is that the magic case is too expensive for the items that it drops randomly. Imagine getting 5 wind farms in a row ($25). True Story

Unregistered
09-24-10, 07:05 AM
I just bought my first magic case after having read this string. I thought I would add something different for the fun of it. I got an ice cream shop. It wasn't st. Basils, but it was different. So, I thought I'd buy another 24 bucks and buy another case. I got another bloody ice cream shop. I turned around and sold it immediately for 2000 city cash. If that isn't a rip, I don't know what is.

Unregistered
09-24-10, 07:44 AM
Lol, if u sold that back & really got 2,000 city cash; then it will be the "mother of all *****s"...

I for one --- will surely do it, to gain that much city cash 

I just bought my first magic case after having read this string. I thought I would add something different for the fun of it. I got an ice cream shop. It wasn't st. Basils, but it was different. So, I thought I'd buy another 24 bucks and buy another case. I got another bloody ice cream shop. I turned around and sold it immediately for 2000 city cash. If that isn't a rip, I don't know what is.

Unregistered
11-08-10, 09:58 AM

These are the items I know about from ALL the cases:
Big Ben
Saint Basil's
Ice Cream Store
Small Skate Park
Wind Farm
Colonial House
Halloween House
Pumpkin Patch
Monster Attack!
Creepy House
Merry-Go-Round
Adobe House
Luxury Condo
Fancy Condo
Burj Al Arab
Pumpkin House
Graveyard

I don't know if some of these you actually get from the cases but these are the ones I don't see anywhere in the shop.

Mike
11-09-10, 02:06 PM
Here's all the Magic Case items and their info.

Here's the Magic Case items we've seen so far:
Wind Farm (common) - business - 300 happiness (1 space) - Sell for 1000 Coins
Adobe House (common) - residence - 450 population (1 space) - Sell for 1500 Coins
Ice Cream Store (common) - business - 600 happiness (1 space) - Sell for 2000 Coins
Small Skate Park (common) - decoration - 600 happiness (1 space) - Sell for 2000 Coins
Luxury Condo (uncommon) - residence - 750 population (4 spaces) - Sell for 2500 Coins
Fancy Condos (uncommon) - residence - 900 population (4 spaces) - Sell for 3000 Coins
Big Ben (rare) - decoration - 1440 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 5000 Coins
Saint Basil's (rare) - decoration - 2040 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 7000 Coins
Burj Al Arab Hotel (exceptional) - business - 2880 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 9500 Coins

Here's the Halloween Case items we've seen so far:
Scary Tree (common) - decoration - 300 happiness (1 space) - Sell for 1000 Coins
Crashed UFO (common) - decoration - 450 happiness (1 space) - Sell for 1500 Coins
Creepy House (common) - residence - 450 population (1 space) - Sell for 1500 Coins
Halloween House (common) - residence - 600 population (1 space) - Sell for 2000 Coins
Pumpkin Patch (uncommon) - business - 750 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 2500 Coins
Graveyard (uncommon) - decoration - 900 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 3000 Coins
Monster Attack (rare) - business - 1500 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 5000 Coins
Haunted Mansion (rare) - residence - 1800 population (4 spaces) - Sell for 6000 Coins
Grim Tower (exceptional) - business - 2880 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 9500 Coins

Here's the Amusement Case items we've seen so far:
Small Colonial House (common) - residence - 300 population (1 space) - Sell for 1000 Coins
Merry Go Round (common) - business - 450 happiness (1 space) - Sell for 1500 Coins
Large Colonial House (uncommon) - residence - 1050 population (4 spaces) - Sell for 3500 Coins
Pumpkin House (uncommon) - residence - 1050 population (4 spaces) - Sell for 3500 Coins
Ferris Wheel (rare) - business - 1800 happiness (4 spaces) - Sell for 3000 Coins
Roller Coaster (exceptional) - business - 2700 happiness (9 spaces) - Sell for 9000 Coins

Here's the odds for the virtual dice roll that decides which random item you'll get:

Here's how Population or Happiness Value can be obtained:
1. Place the item where you want it in your city.
2. Check your Profile and note your current Population & Happiness Values.
3. Hide the item back into your inventory.
4. Recheck your Profile and note your new Population & Happiness Values.
5. Subtract step 4 from step 2.
6. Place the item where you want it in your city.

The Sell Price appears to follow these patterns:
You receive 10% of the purchase price when you sell any item bought with Coins.
You receive 100 Coins per City Cash spent when you sell any item bought with City Cash.
You receive 500 Coins for every 150 Pop/Happy when you sell any of the "Special Case" items.

Unregistered
11-12-10, 06:30 PM
Thanks to Supervolcano and Mike for the info - I had started on the first Magic Case, got the pop/happy factor on everything, and decided that NOTHING in the case was WORTH $5 of real money! I did splurge on one Halloween Case and got the Graveyard, which looks great next to a church, as long as you ignore the weird/dead trees! As I go around cleaning my neighbors I see that many of them continue to drop some real money on items that are far less effective than many on the regular build list! IS Team Lava convinced that making money off of idiots is a great business strategy, or have they forgot about the value their founder puts into networking for goodness! (That was what the article about him claimed that this whole "Story" thing is all about). PLEASE, instead of putting new buildings into "Cases" just add them to the REGULAR BUILD MENU!!!!
Thanks!
Wareham (Warehamcity14)

Unregistered
11-12-10, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't mind a few new buildings, but I prefer cases. It's fun, you get cool stuff, and you get to see who's devoted to the game :)

thatcatwoman
05-20-11, 11:41 AM
It would remove some of the sting if you could "gift" an unwanted item from the magic box or basket. There could be an option attached to your storage box that allows an item to be sent to a neighbor of your choosing.