PDA

View Full Version : What has the story games replaced in your life???

kooky panda
07-06-11, 11:13 AM
Just curious to know what has playing all the story games replaced in your life???

For me:

No more renting movies. I actually now watch the new movies when they hit the movie channels on Uverse.

No more buying Wii and DS games .

A lot less shopping online.( was **** addict)

Food bill less, no more time for snacking while dinner cooking --- have to squeeze in some nbr visits.

You could say the story games can really save you money.... at least until you get the 40% gem sale offer

pinkster73
07-06-11, 11:16 AM
Ha ha "quality" time with my husband. Just kidding. For me it has pretty much replaced tv watching, especially before bed.

kooky panda
07-06-11, 11:22 AM
Ha ha "quality" time with my husband. Just kidding. For me it has pretty much replaced tv watching, especially before bed.

get him to play. When farm first came out, my hubby could not understand why he had to wait for me to serve dinner(told him after I get these crops down, dear).
I then started a second farm on his iphone and he then got interested took farm over, and now he has two farms on iphone and ipad.

pete1234
07-06-11, 11:28 AM
I am addicted to the story games espescially bakery and restuarant it makes me not want to go to school so i can stay home and play them coz i am in second year in high school

greygull
07-06-11, 11:47 AM
I like yours kooky! I think I've replaced watching tv mostly. But I loved the Planet Green channel, and now most of their stuff isn't about green anymore. I don't have a problem with any of the shows, but why is lobster/crab shows - which use boats that take lots of diesel, and sometimes overfish an area, on a channel dedicated to being eco friendly? And why is wrestling on SyFy? I know it's fake, but come on. Like I said, I don't have a problem with the shows, just the channels they're on. Ok, back to the topic. I think my hubby doesn't mind to much, because he gets to play xbox while I'm on them! But I do try to get dinner done in between lol!

MAPPIE22
07-10-11, 10:13 AM
I don't watch somemuch tv anymore, which hubby loves as he watches loads of sport (groan). I think the thing it has replaced most though is reading, I read almost constantly hubby very happy now sport and low book bills.

Dylanie
07-14-11, 07:52 PM
I used to check Facebook a lot more often. And read blogs on my feed reader app.

pp84
07-19-11, 12:29 AM
get him to play. When farm first came out, my hubby could not understand why he had to wait for me to serve dinner(told him after I get these crops down, dear).
I then started a second farm on his iphone and he then got interested took farm over, and now he has two farms on iphone and ipad.

Haha. Good one  looks like husbands cab get addicted to these games too 

I have actually spent so much time on my iPhone shopping and tending , that I think my eyes may pop out any day nw  planning to cut down .

gobblies
07-19-11, 03:33 AM
Playing wii, my life ;)

sterlingempire
07-19-11, 04:26 AM
Let's see... Homework (JK), Movies, and Wii

goneforevertdg
07-23-11, 10:31 PM
Bakery Story definitely took place of watching tv.. that is, until my phone starts to die & I have to leave it behind to charge-- back to watching tv!

Rachael98
07-24-11, 01:45 AM
I hardly ever watch TV now. However, the main thing that TL has replaced is sleep:p. I still have to get up at 07:00, but now I'm still up only 5 hours previously:rolleyes:

hectorloch
07-24-11, 02:28 AM
Golf
Sailing
Gardening
Career
Income
Nobel Prize Nomination
... everything really :)

linda_xxx
07-24-11, 02:36 AM
Housework - not that I need much encouragement to avoid it :cool:

gobblies
07-24-11, 02:55 AM
Housework - not that I need much encouragement to avoid it :cool:

lol, i think a lot of people would aggre with you on that!

Superyalda
07-24-11, 09:05 AM
Just invest all that money yours saving on gems!

RS has taken over my life.

I have a major crisis if I can't get home in time to collect tips! I watch tv now, but darting my eyes from one screen to the other (RS-TV-RS-TV...), I'm gaining weight from must sitting but my fingers are in good shape, especially my pointer finger. I've even woken up in the middle of the night to serve food I know is ready, and while I'm at it collect tips!

It's awful!

kooky panda
07-24-11, 09:14 AM
Just invest all that money yours saving on gems!

RS has taken over my life.

I have a major crisis if I can't get home in time to collect tips! I watch tv now, but darting my eyes from one screen to the other (RS-TV-RS-TV...), I'm gaining weight from must sitting but my fingers are in good shape, especially my pointer finger. I've even woken up in the middle of the night to serve food I know is ready, and while I'm at it collect tips!

It's awful!

lol I also will pull over in the grocery store when my notification goes off that something is ready. Are we addicts?

jovenal
07-24-11, 09:24 AM
lol I also will pull over in the grocery store when my notification goes off that something is ready. Are we addicts?

I think we are some kind of addicts. I can relate to that stopping dead-on-the tracks when notification pop up. lol

kooky panda
07-24-11, 09:52 AM
I think we are some kind of addicts. I can relate to that stopping dead-on-the tracks when notification pop up. lol

yeah its like I cannot wait 1 hour until I get home to change out a 12 hour item!!!(at least that is what Mr.Kooky cannot understand)

jovenal
07-24-11, 10:11 AM
yeah its like I cannot wait 1 hour until I get home to change out a 12 hour item!!!(at least that is what Mr.Kooky cannot understand)

that's why I work my schedule around these games now. if I have to watch a movie, I have to make sure that none of my crops/dishes/contract will be ready while I'm out. Add TN to the mix and ...

talyon
07-24-11, 10:43 AM
Story games changed my wife, now I don't have one. Lol. J/k

jovenal
07-24-11, 10:57 AM
Story games changed my wife, now I don't have one. Lol. J/k

so true! we're always glued to these games...maybe someday I'll look for life back.

expressW
07-28-11, 08:29 AM
Ha ha "quality" time with my husband.

LOL...so true.... i think TL has taken away quality time from many a couple....

My bf was SUPER annoyed with me forawhile. he would take me to dinner after work and i would antsy cos i wanted to collect my clothes....
i had a boutique and city on his iphone (before it came out on android) and i was on it all the time... he banned me from touching his phone and i hated him for it because my clothes were expiring and i couldnt visit my neighbours....:mad:

but now he is addicted to RS and has got his colleagues to all play with him. they are in competition with each other to earn the most money so he now spends all his time making french toast and ignores me:(

we have now become one of those sad sad couples you see that sit there at a nice restaurant not talking to each and playing with our phones.....

kooky panda
07-28-11, 08:32 AM
LOL...so true.... i think TL has taken away quality time from many a couple....

My bf was SUPER annoyed with me forawhile. he would take me to dinner after work and i would antsy cos i wanted to collect my clothes....
i had a boutique and city on his iphone (before it came out on android) and i was on it all the time... he banned me from touching his phone and i hated him for it because my clothes were expiring and i couldnt visit my neighbours....:mad:

but now he is addicted to RS and has got his colleagues to all play with him. they are in competition with each other to earn the most money so he now spends all his time making french toast and ignores me:(

we have now become one of those sad sad couples you see that sit there at a nice restaurant not talking to each and playing with our phones.....

lol... at least now that he is addicted too, no more fighting but a little more understanding for " in a minute dear, I only have two more nbrs to go"

kooky panda
07-28-11, 08:37 AM
One of my farm nbrs told me once that her husband got so mad at her for playing so much that he turned off the wifi in the house.
What he forgot was she was on an iphone and she just went into the other room switched to 3G and kept watering...lol

CandyNEFC
07-28-11, 09:35 AM
I'm not on Facebook as much and I used to play Cafeworld, Nightclub City and Farmville. I haven't been there for months.