PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story says no internet, "processing", buy gems, then I have to replant

Catlet
07-06-11, 05:43 AM
Farm Story says 'Oh Darn' and that I have no internet connection, then when I tap 'Try Again', it says 'Processing'. After that a box pops up asking me to buy gems, and when I hit the 'X' to get rid of it, some of the squares I'd planted or plowed are no longer planted or plowed, so I have to replant or replow. If this was every now and then I wouldn't be so frustrated, but it's happening every 5-10 minutes. And it isn't just happening when I'm planting or plowing; it happens when I'm visiting my neighbors, and I have to rewater in that case.

I emailed support, and they redirected me here. Is this a problem other people are having? Is it their server, or a bug in this version of the of the game? I do buy gems, just don't really want to today, and having to replow and replant is costing me coins I'm pretty sure. And is very frustrating.

I'm playing on an iPod touch. I just updated the software on that a couple of days ago. I've turned the game completely off (not just hit the home button, but X'd it out on the 'dock'). I've done that then turned the iPod itself completely off--the only thing I haven't done is uninstall then reinstall the game, because the iPod says I'll lose all my data if I do that, and I really don't want to have to start the game from scratch.

Anyone have any ideas?

mattdiner
07-06-11, 05:50 AM
When all else fails, restart your device. :)

kooky panda
07-06-11, 06:11 AM
Farm Story says 'Oh Darn' and that I have no internet connection, then when I tap 'Try Again', it says 'Processing'. After that a box pops up asking me to buy gems, and when I hit the 'X' to get rid of it, some of the squares I'd planted or plowed are no longer planted or plowed, so I have to replant or replow. If this was every now and then I wouldn't be so frustrated, but it's happening every 5-10 minutes. And it isn't just happening when I'm planting or plowing; it happens when I'm visiting my neighbors, and I have to rewater in that case.

I emailed support, and they redirected me here. Is this a problem other people are having? Is it their server, or a bug in this version of the of the game? I do buy gems, just don't really want to today, and having to replow and replant is costing me coins I'm pretty sure. And is very frustrating.

I'm playing on an iPod touch. I just updated the software on that a couple of days ago. I've turned the game completely off (not just hit the home button, but X'd it out on the 'dock'). I've done that then turned the iPod itself completely off--the only thing I haven't done is uninstall then reinstall the game, because the iPod says I'll lose all my data if I do that, and I really don't want to have to start the game from scratch.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am having same problem in all games. I have forced closed apps also restarted iPhone. It has been happening all morning

Catlet
07-06-11, 07:07 AM
The new thing: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game after finally figuring out that wouldn't make me have to start over. Before that I'd closed the game and restarted it, closed the game and turned my iPod touch all the way off then on again then restarted the game, and now I've closed the game, uninstalled then reinstalled the game, and then turned the iPod all the way off and then on again then restarted the game, and it's still doing it. Since someone else is having the same problem and has been all morning, I'm going to guess it's something to do with their servers and just not play anymore today. Oh well!:confused:

pinkster73
07-06-11, 07:48 AM
Yes I have this problem too. See my post in thread "losing internet connection, or game thinks so". I'm guessing it will fix itself in a while?

kooky panda
07-06-11, 07:57 AM
Yes I think is it their servers. My other non-story games are okay. Mattdiner(moderator) is aware of issue. I am sure it will be fixed soon.
After I change food, clothes, crops, etc on the games I have been force closing application and going back in to make sure my new items took.

I hate to go back in a few hours to see that half the crops, or clothes did not register.

pinkster73
07-06-11, 08:02 AM
Oh I hear your frustration. I got my 22 x 22 expansion last night in fs and was trying to do a major farm renovation. It sucks going two steps forward one step back.

kooky panda
07-06-11, 08:09 AM
Oh I hear your frustration. I got my 22 x 22 expansion last night in fs and was trying to do a major farm renovation. It sucks going two steps forward one step back.

Yeah especially at 5:30 am when I am half a sleep trying to put down new crops, then to come back in a few hours and see that only half when down.

kennnobi
07-06-11, 08:51 AM
this is happening even with connected to my home wifi, which tells me that it is a game issue not phone or internet!

pinkster73
07-06-11, 08:59 AM
Yes its a game thing, not your internet. It will be fixed in time don't worry.

crystalrayn3
07-06-11, 09:50 AM
I'm having the same problems. It's def on teamlava's end not the player's. It's frustrating I know but I'm sure it will be fixed soon. *sighs & crosses fingers*

Skinny_Cow
07-07-11, 12:21 PM
Yes, having the same issue. Seems to be since last update.

kooky panda
07-07-11, 12:31 PM
I am having same problem in all games. I have forced closed apps also restarted iPhone. It has been happening all morning

update: I had problems all yesterday, but no problems at all today!!! (on iphone 4).

gitten
07-09-11, 04:10 PM
I hope so!!! I have posted several threads on this issue. Are there people on the forum who have contact with TL???. If so I wish they would discuss with them that players are frustrated. I have lost several good neighbors who just got angry over re-playing everything. Even if they can't fix it immediately, could they at least let us know why this is happening - I do better knowing the answer to a problem even if it has to remain a problem. I think it must be overload on their servers - some times of the day are better than others - it has to be something to do with too many players for their equipment. Anyway, could someone - moderator maybe - give us some concrete information so we can quit guessing! I have had the problem with all the games since i began over a month ago. I too would probably quit but I do love playing - just wish I could have time to play with my layouts!! I feel responsible for visits and gifts because I promised by neighbors I would.

kooky panda
07-09-11, 04:18 PM
I have been working great except for that one day. When the servers seem to run slower i close all background applications that are running on my iPhone. I especially close all story games except for the one I am playing.
This does help speed me up. I do notice that when I am on wifi I have more problems than the 3G service.

Rachael98
07-09-11, 04:27 PM
I hope so!!! I have posted several threads on this issue. Are there people on the forum who have contact with TL???. If so I wish they would discuss with them that players are frustrated. I have lost several good neighbors who just got angry over re-playing everything. Even if they can't fix it immediately, could they at least let us know why this is happening - I do better knowing the answer to a problem even if it has to remain a problem. I think it must be overload on their servers - some times of the day are better than others - it has to be something to do with too many players for their equipment. Anyway, could someone - moderator maybe - give us some concrete information so we can quit guessing! I have had the problem with all the games since i began over a month ago. I too would probably quit but I do love playing - just wish I could have time to play with my layouts!! I feel responsible for visits and gifts because I promised by neighbors I would.

The SuperMods work for TL and are the connection. We will have to wait until Monday.
I'm not experiencing this problem.

PS: Support's immediate reply doesn't necessarily redirect you here. It just recommends it;)