PDA

View Full Version : What happens when my device is not connected to the internet?

piperazine
07-04-11, 10:32 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question; I just started playing the story games two days ago.
What happens to the bakery(or restaurant in Restaurant Story) when my device does not have access to internet? Does it continue running? Do I need to have internet access and the app running in the background in order to keep the game going?

cwmw
07-04-11, 10:36 PM
if you're not connected, the stuff you have going (cooking and other passive actions) keeps going, but you cannot open the game to do active things such as finishing cooking or starting another recipe or clearing tips, receiving gifts etc. ~
hope that helps :o

piperazine
07-04-11, 10:42 PM
Thank you very much! What about the star rating? I have to fly next week and I won't have internet access for 2 days.

cwmw
07-04-11, 11:12 PM
well if you stay offline, your star rating won't change. however when you log back in if you've been away for a long time it will drop. you might want to tell your neighbours you will be away for a couple of days so they know :) have fun

logon2k
07-31-11, 02:20 PM
You should always leave a note if you are going to be away for a while. You should also include a return date so others don't waste time gifting you when you can't even receive them.

If you decide to quit, delete all your neighbors after saying good bye to your regulars, clear your bakery of all items (store them if you think you might return) and leave a note so others will not fill your wall with messages to no one.

I have an iPod 32GB, first edition running O/S version 3.1.3 (7E18). I am playing the current version of Bakery Story.

silver_dew
07-31-11, 11:13 PM
Also, you can put an object in front of the door and close your bakery. That way if the food is over , u won't have unhappy customers . Another thing what many ppl do is close their bakery and fill it up with many tables and when they come back they have lots of tips  anyways ,it's always nice to inform your nbrs that u will be away 

ariesblu
08-01-11, 12:15 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question; I just started playing the story games two days ago.
What happens to the bakery(or restaurant in Restaurant Story) when my device does not have access to internet? Does it continue running? Do I need to have internet access and the app running in the background in order to keep the game going?
I know your question has already been answered, but I just wanted to write that you shouldn't preface your question with a negative before you even ask it. This is an open forum where anyone and everyone can ask questions or have inquiries to any faucet of the games or anything on the forum. And also by asking, you are helping those who are new as well, or are too afraid to ask. :D