PDA

View Full Version : New stuff

Unregistered
09-17-10, 10:17 PM
Hey I like the new stuff!! But why did you lower the price of the auto repair shop when I already bout could I have some money back please!!

Unregistered
09-17-10, 10:25 PM
Hey I like the new stuff!! But why did you lower the price of the auto repair shop when I already bout could I have some money back please!!

I wonder what that magic case does?

Unregistered
09-17-10, 10:41 PM

Get items that aren't for
Sell regularly- got a nice house you can't buy!! Great update appreciate
It but I need an expansion plz to build my city nit town... Thanks again

Unregistered
09-17-10, 10:43 PM

I got luxury condos with a
Kick but
Pool on top

ID Ausil
09-18-10, 12:33 AM
Kick but
Pool on top

I like the new additions too :-) can I pls have a look at your items from the magic chest? What's your ID?

I'm still struggling with cleaning all my neighbours though :-( wish team lava make a NEXT NEIGHBOR button for when we are cleaning them all.
Thank you for such a fun and addictive game :-)

Nicolab2108
09-18-10, 12:54 AM
Kick but
Pool on top
I also got a four block sized condos. Although they look rather foreign rather than basic city style. Cute, though.
Also have a single foreign looking house, and an ice cream shop!

Now I'll have to wait to complete more contracts for my one city cash each time :(

Unregistered
09-18-10, 01:03 AM
I like the new additions too :-) can I pls have a look at your items from the magic chest? What's your ID?

I'm still struggling with cleaning all my neighbours though :-( wish team lava make a NEXT NEIGHBOR button for when we are cleaning them all.
Thank you for such a fun and addictive game :-)

Strike4three name: smallville

Nicolab2108
09-18-10, 01:20 AM
Strike4three name: smallville

How much actual money do you spend?!

Unregistered
09-18-10, 01:39 AM
Adobe House (common) - 450 population
Wind Farm (common) - 300 happiness
Fancy Condos (uncommon) - 900 population
Luxury Condo (uncommon) - 750 population
Big Ben (rare) - 1,440 happiness

Unregistered
09-18-10, 05:53 AM
Is there a search feature for finding a particular city??
Also, the cost of the magic case is $24--is everything in the case included or are you just buying the rightnto purchase what's in the case?

Unregistered
09-18-10, 06:14 AM
Is there a search feature for finding a particular city??
Also, the cost of the magic case is $24--is everything in the case included or are you just buying the rightnto purchase what's in the case?

I was wondering the same thing. How exactly does the magic case work?

Unregistered
09-18-10, 06:44 AM
If it works like their other games, then you purchase the magic case for 24 city cash, and you get one of the listed items.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 06:46 AM
forgot to mention, the item you get is a random selection, you do not get to pick from a list or anything, the game just tells you what you get. The chances of getting a certian item are highest for common, and lowest for rare.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 07:39 AM
forgot to mention, the item you get is a random selection, you do not get to pick from a list or anything, the game just tells you what you get. The chances of getting a certian item are highest for common, and lowest for rare.

Lowest percentage is "exceptional", not "rare".
;)

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Exceptional

Unregistered
09-18-10, 09:25 AM
Since what you get is random--can you get duplicates? That would really suck!

Unregistered
09-18-10, 09:44 AM
Since what you get is random--can you get duplicates? That would really suck!

Yes, chances are you will get duplicates.

I bought 6 cases and 2 of them were Adobe Houses.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 02:47 PM
About the only thing magic about the "Magic Case" is how big a money-cow it is for TeamLava! For $5.00 a pop you enter a lottery for minimal impact "rare" items

"Adobe House (common) - 450 population
Wind Farm (common) - 300 happiness
Fancy Condos (uncommon) - 900 population
Luxury Condo (uncommon) - 750 population
Big Ben (rare) - 1,440 happiness"

That's a quote from some one who has shelled out good money after bad! You spend $5.00 and get LESS of an impact than many OTHER items already IN the game! This is a BIG Rip-Off, which, matched with devalued businesses (auto-repair, office blocks, etc . . .), and a messed up new gift list (mobile homes????? In many cities those things are ILLEGAL, because they do not meet safety building codes!!!!!) means this UP-Date was A DISASTER for the game player!!!!!

Unregistered
09-18-10, 05:03 PM
Whoever came up with the idea of being able to get duplicate items in the Magic Case needs to re-think it. Most of these "special items" are large , four space items..what are we suppose to do with 4 luxury condos and a Big Ben considering that you have not increased the expansion beyond 19x19. Also, it is absurd that you have set the Magic Case items with such low happiness and population values. These need to be increased. What is the point of spending real money on the Magic Case items when the in game items have higher values ? Please correct this.

Supervolcano
09-18-10, 05:12 PM
Whoever came up with the idea of being able to get duplicate items in the Magic Case needs to re-think it. Most of these "special items" are large , four space items..what are we suppose to do with 4 luxury condos and a Big Ben considering that you have not increased the expansion beyond 19x19. Also, it is absurd that you have set the Magic Case items with such low happiness and population values. These need to be increased. What is the point of spending real money on the Magic Case items when the in game items have higher values ? Please correct this.

How can they avoid giving you duplicates?

There's a very limited number of items and no limit to the amount of money you want to donate to the cases.

As for the rest of your post, I agree.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 05:15 PM
To date In the hope of the Dubai hotel:
1 x ice-cream shop
2 x wind farms (in a city?)
2 x Big Ben
2 x luxury condos
5 x normal condos

That is a lot of $$$ parted out for little gain. I have more items in the Inventory than on the city now with no expansions available. Sigh.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 05:56 PM
Feel the frustration.

3 - saint basil
2 - ice cram shops
2 - luxury condo
1 - fancy condo
1 - windmill
1 - abode house

Would be great to sell back and get 1/2 the bucks paid for (12) so that we can get something we don't have. Maybe even donate to a friend. Just so it doesn't feel like a huge waste of $$$.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 05:56 PM
To date In the hope of the Dubai hotel:
1 x ice-cream shop
2 x wind farms (in a city?)
2 x Big Ben
2 x luxury condos
5 x normal condos

That is a lot of $$$ parted out for little gain. I have more items in the Inventory than on the city now with no expansions available. Sigh.

I wrote the above, and in reflection it was not well thought out. The briefcase is part of the game, and with any game of chance, you accept what you end up with you are given. If in a poker game, I would not be complaining to the dealer if the cards did not go my way, nor would I be asking for a refund. iT is just a part of the game. SO ... In reflection, do the new items make my city a better looking city? Yes. Do the new items look well designed and pleasing? Yes. Will I use them all? nO, but that is my choice. I should be saying "well done TeamLava".

Unregistered
09-18-10, 07:21 PM
I wrote the above, and in reflection it was not well thought out. The briefcase is part of the game, and with any game of chance, you accept what you end up with you are given. If in a poker game, I would not be complaining to the dealer if the cards did not go my way, nor would I be asking for a refund. iT is just a part of the game. SO ... In reflection, do the new items make my city a better looking city? Yes. Do the new items look well designed and pleasing? Yes. Will I use them all? nO, but that is my choice. I should be saying "well done TeamLava".

Yeah but even in a poker game there are
Multiple hands.
I got f.....g 9 luxury condos, 4 adobe houses and 6 windmills. Get real this is a total rip off, 456 in house dollars
And not one big Ben, cathedral or
St basil. This was worse then Vegas and yes I think they need to change something. I have no problem spending real money on a "game" I enjoy but this was down right stealing.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 11:20 PM
I am sorry to all who spent such large amount of money on this item but I am grateful to you for posting your experiences with this magic box. I was so tempted to purchase. The pop-up was quick and not to informative. I was originally under the assumption that with purchasing this magic box, you could then with coins purchase all of these great items. I now understand that you need to purchase the box for each item. I would love the ice cream shop for sure and many others but I am in no means able to spend $100 trying to get them. I now understand its the luck of the draw but at $5 a pop, a choice would be great.

Unregistered
09-19-10, 01:11 AM
I am sorry to all who spent such large amount of money on this item but I am grateful to you for posting your experiences with this magic box. I was so tempted to purchase. The pop-up was quick and not to informative. I was originally under the assumption that with purchasing this magic box, you could then with coins purchase all of these great items. I now understand that you need to purchase the box for each item. I would love the ice cream shop for sure and many others but I am in no means able to spend $100 trying to get them. I now understand its the luck of the draw but at $5 a pop, a choice would be great.

I did read the thread in the beginning and still didn't understand it. When someone said $5 for each item I stupidly thought they meant that once you open the chest for 24 city bucks, for each item inside it, it was 5 CITY BUCKS to get the new things. I seriously thought the "chest" would stay open as though it was another menu and you could go in and get stuff for just 5 city bucks. Alas, I used the free city bucks I had, an adobe house popped up and THEN I realized you had to pay 24 bucks each time. Ah well, it was just the bucks I got for free, but now I only have 3 left and with only 12 hour and 1 days contracts left it's going to take a long while to build my bucks back. Lesson learned.