PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else play Gameview Studios' Tap Ranch game?

xSnowyOwlx
07-03-11, 10:20 PM
I need to vent my frustrations somewhere that I'm not limited (unlike Facebook) to a certain length.

The problem is that in order to buy the clouds to prevent my coin trees and crops from spoiling I have to buy ranch bucks. This would be fine if Apple wasn't such a snob and refusing to let the app back into the store when Snowy Farm and Farm Life are still in there and are exactly the same (also other games by Gameview Studios are there) but with different background and game currency.

Now they gave us the option to download Farm Life and transfer the game but I get a headache after less than a minute of playing this game because the menu and all the other windows have a bright magenta color that hurts my eyes.

I tried to buy the petals so I could get clouds for my game but it won't work, not even after 5 minutes.

I was so pissed off I emailed them saying how unfair this is to us players and the automated reply of course said they are closed tomorrow and it may take up to 5 business days to receive a response.

greygull
07-03-11, 10:38 PM
I'm not on Tap Ranch, but I do play Tap Fish (it's the same company, right?). You actually got a response from them? I emailed the over 2 weeks ago about transferring devices, still haven't heard a word! I had to switch to Tap Fish 2, they were having problems with purchases. Did you used to have the option to earn free - mine are fish bucks? It's completely gone! The second one for me has some new options for backgrounds, but it didn't change the menu. And it takes FOREVER to get the purchase screen to stop loading! I haven't timed it, but 5 minutes doesn't sound too far off. Wish I could help you, but I wanted to let you know you weren't alone!

xSnowyOwlx
07-04-11, 12:12 AM
The reason you can't earn free fish bucks anymore is because Apple won't allow developers to offer other developer's games in exchange for free game currency. The reason Team Lava gets away with it is they offer only their own games.
I believe the reason was stated that it confused their ranking system. If you go to the App Store and see the "top" games, those are based on how many downloads the game receives, not how many people have rated them as good. Some of them have horrible ratings. It's because many people just download, open, wait a few moments, close and return to the other game and receive the game currency.

Now, in Snowy Farm I was able to purchase the crystals today but not in the Farm Life and I have about 16 hours left of clouds and my stuff will start withering. Other people have posted on Facebook about this.

greygull
07-04-11, 09:25 AM
I guess that does make sense. But because of the free stuff is how I found TL in the first place. The "Top" in the store should be rating first, dls after.
Oh, well, seems none of the companies can make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. I'm happiest with TL, that's why I'm still here! lol