PDA

View Full Version : New App Farm Story Animals for 4.99?

talbotmax
07-03-11, 08:07 PM
In the app store I noticed a new "farm story animals" app for 4.99. It says released July 4, 2011. Anyone know anything about this and why it cost money to download?

talbotmax
07-03-11, 08:11 PM
When you read the description it says free, hmmm maybe since it's not July 4th yet it's not free.

talyon
07-03-11, 09:46 PM
The price is to reserve the spot for an update. U can't dl it I tried several times, should know more in a few hours.

talyon
07-03-11, 10:34 PM
I was able to DL it for 4.99. But at the moment it's the exact same as Farm Story, maybe that well change, perhaps with constructible animals??? probably price well revert to Free, Hmmm well I get my 4.99 back. Lol.

stina31787
07-03-11, 11:29 PM
I couldn't find this app

hectorloch
07-04-11, 12:02 AM
I have it - it took 2.99 GBP. As far as I can see it's identical except my crops now appear to be growing in empty (green) ground. However, you can still plough as normal - and re-plough looks normal. I suspect this can only be a glitch. No new animals, no regular XP's for them or any indication of mastery levels.

It's reading my status, my nbr's are intact and my wall and feed untouched.

Maybe it's a special edition for a Derby !

No doubt all will be revealed :)

pinkster73
07-04-11, 01:11 PM
I got all excited there for a minute thinking I could buy and download it and have 2 farms. But its not like that? It would just be my same farm?

hectorloch
07-04-11, 01:50 PM
I got all excited there for a minute thinking I could buy and download it and have 2 farms. But its not like that? It would just be my same farm?

So far, yes. But some difference must become apparent you would think. Valentines ran concurrently with your existing farm but it had unique features the then "Classic" FS didn't have. From memory I think it had tree mastery before Classic - I'm not 100% sure of that as I didn't like VFS visually and so didn't delve into it much. However to bill something as "Animals" must have some animal features you would think - particularly as you have to buy it !!!

driftboutique
07-04-11, 02:54 PM
So far, yes. But some difference must become apparent you would think. Valentines ran concurrently with your existing farm but it had unique features the then "Classic" FS didn't have. From memory I think it had tree mastery before Classic - I'm not 100% sure of that as I didn't like VFS visually and so didn't delve into it much. However to bill something as "Animals" must have some animal features you would think - particularly as you have to buy it !!!

Ooh, maybe they're adding mastery to animals. That would be cool!

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:47 PM
Ooh, maybe they're adding mastery to animals. That would be cool!

It would be great!

I couldn't find this app

It's a placeholder app.

I was able to DL it for 4.99. But at the moment it's the exact same as Farm Story, maybe that well change, perhaps with constructible animals??? probably price well revert to Free, Hmmm well I get my 4.99 back. Lol.

Sadly, I doubt that you'll get your money back. Sorry, although you could try contacting Apple.

talyon
07-04-11, 04:10 PM
Thanx but dont care if I get the money back, because it hasn't been actually taken from my account yet. Yes it does run together as VFS did. But is the same farm.