PDA

View Full Version : City design

Unregistered
09-17-10, 06:32 AM
I have noticed that many top level player do not bother designing nice looking cities as it is more effective to line up row of houses and avoid using parks or streets since you cannot "clean" them and therefore collect coins.

So here is a suggestion:

In order to earn coins, each house or business should have one of its sides to face either a park, street, decoration or edge of the city. That way, it would force players to build realistic and nicer looking cities instead of just piling building to earn more coins!

Unregistered
09-17-10, 08:29 AM
Interesting suggestion. Urban planning. But it's a game and shouldn't people have the freedom to to design their cities (or farms) in any manner that pleases them yes?

Unregistered
09-17-10, 06:02 PM
I have noticed that many top level player do not bother designing nice looking cities as it is more effective to line up row of houses and avoid using parks or streets since you cannot "clean" them and therefore collect coins.

So here is a suggestion:

In order to earn coins, each house or business should have one of its sides to face either a park, street, decoration or edge of the city. That way, it would force players to build realistic and nicer looking cities instead of just piling building to earn more coins!

First let's look at the discription of City Story by TeamLave on iTunes:

City Story?By TeamLava

Description
Welcome to City Story? where you and your friends can create the world based on your imagination. Build and decorate your own dream city with cafes, boutiques, bakeries, hotels, and landmarks. Watch your population skyrocket as you create the ultimate living, breathing city.

I have a question for you - why do you care, worry or even spend a moment of your time thinking about what someone else is doing with THEIR city and what should be done about them not building THEIR city your way? What concerns you so much that you even feel the need to comment about it? Why do you feel the need to FORCE players to play your way. This is not a competitve game. The first one to any level does not win, they do not get anything more than you will get when you get to the same level. You want to FORCE people to build realistic and nice looking cities. Read the discription again... the discription does not say realistic it says your imagination and your dream city the which can be the exact opposite of realistic. Why do you want them to get less coins? Why do you care about how many coins they do or do not have? Are you going to complain about the people who choose to spend real money to get coins if you can not spend money? Or the people that stay on all day to play and you can't. I could maybe understand if these cities had any effect (positive or negetive) on you or your city but they do not.

As long as a city does not have something truly offensive ie. profanity, ponograghy etc. It is nobody's business what a persons city looks like and how they choose to build it.

I have a suggestion for you - worry about yourself and quite trying to control other people and how they choose to play the game. I'm sure there is a clinical term (besides control freak) for people that feel the need to control others maybe a psychologist out there can post that. Just think of it this way, less competition for you on city of the week.

I know the next post will say "OUCH" But I really have a problem with people that try to force their way on others.

Wait I know you can become a game developer and than you can force people to play the way you want.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 08:35 AM
Ouch, you have a Tea party card?

City Story?By TeamLava

Description
Welcome to City Story? where you and your friends can create the world based on your imagination. Build and decorate your own dream city with cafes, boutiques, bakeries, hotels, and landmarks. Watch your population skyrocket as you create the ultimate living, breathing city.

I have a question for you - why do you care, worry or even spend a moment of your time thinking about what someone else is doing with THEIR city and what should be done about them not building THEIR city your way? What concerns you so much that you even feel the need to comment about it? Why do you feel the need to FORCE players to play your way. This is not a competitve game. The first one to any level does not win, they do not get anything more than you will get when you get to the same level. You want to FORCE people to build realistic and nice looking cities. Read the discription again... the discription does not say realistic it says your imagination and your dream city the which can be the exact opposite of realistic. Why do you want them to get less coins? Why do you care about how many coins they do or do not have? Are you going to complain about the people who choose to spend real money to get coins if you can not spend money? Or the people that stay on all day to play and you can't. I could maybe understand if these cities had any effect (positive or negetive) on you or your city but they do not.

As long as a city does not have something truly offensive ie. profanity, ponograghy etc. It is nobody's business what a persons city looks like and how they choose to build it.

I have a suggestion for you - worry about yourself and quite trying to control other people and how they choose to play the game. I'm sure there is a clinical term (besides control freak) for people that feel the need to control others maybe a psychologist out there can post that. Just think of it this way, less competition for you on city of the week.

I know the next post will say "OUCH" But I really have a problem with people that try to force their way on others.

Wait I know you can become a game developer and than you can force people to play the way you want.

Buttwipe
09-18-10, 11:06 AM
As I have written before, I am in favour of 'designed' cities...not rows of cash-generating houses.

But i'm getting tired of reading threads from people who don't seem to like other opinions.
Here are some words that apply:

Democracy, Right of opinion, Write your own script

Stop arguing about moaning about arguing about moaning.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 01:56 PM
The problem is that this is supposed to be about a CITY - one in which people can LIVE! I am sick of cleaning rows and rows of inexpensive "gift" buildings jammed together without rhyme or reason, or thought! Or searching amongst them for one that HASN'T been cleaned! I'm just about ready to STOP cleaning those arranged in this manner, as much as it might bother some of my "neighbors" and how does one communicate this decision? I have almost three hundred neighbors, even though I have be*** weeding out those who are apparently inactive in order to reduce the time I spend on the game to a more reasonable level.

Unregistered
09-19-10, 05:00 AM
Yeah! Excellent! Well said. Completely agree. Too many control or competitive freaks trying to wreck the game for us. Personally I have a nice one with lots of roads greenspace etc. If someone doesn't, I don't care. I still give them a tinkle. It doesn't affect me except to help my four star rating. So to the OCD control freaks, mind your own business for a change and worry about your own space. Bugger off

City Story?By TeamLava

Description

Unregistered
09-19-10, 05:07 AM
The problem is that this is supposed to be about a CITY - one in which people can LIVE! I am sick of cleaning rows and rows of inexpensive "gift" buildings jammed together without rhyme or reason, or thought! Or searching amongst them for one that HASN'T been cleaned! I'm just about ready to STOP cleaning those arranged in this manner, as much as it might bother some of my "neighbors" and how does one communicate this decision? I have almost three hundred neighbors, even though I have be*** weeding out those who are apparently inactive in order to reduce the time I spend on the game to a more reasonable level.

If it bothers u that much, then stop cleaning the cities u find so offensive. No need to communicate that because I doubt anyone really cares what u personally think of their city. Boy you sure feel self important don't you? Clean or don't clean, but your opinion is just that. Your opinion. Others have theirs so your controlish behavior won't make them change their evil designing ways. Seriously, if it's this much of an issue to you, call your therapist as your med dosage needs to be up'd

Unregistered
09-20-10, 11:53 PM
Make parks, trees, roads cleanable or pay in happiness points. They have to be cleaned iRL.