PDA

View Full Version : Can't Visit Neighbors

kyliw
07-03-11, 02:47 PM
Hi, fellow Farm Story fans. :)

I tried searching for the answer to this question, but I had no luck so I thought I'd ask here. I can't visit any of my neighbors (or anyone else in the community for that matter). When I click on a neighbor, it gives me the processing sign, but then it just is back at my own farm. :confused: Any ideas?? I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling because I'm scared that I will lose all my data if I uninstall and have to start over when I reinstall.

Help?!?

Thanks!

xSnowyOwlx
07-03-11, 03:31 PM
Do the uninstall and reinstall because the game is stored on the servers and you won't loose anything (you shouldn't at least).

What device and software version are you using and which version of the app are you using?

Rachael98
07-03-11, 03:37 PM
It sounds like a pretty big glitch to me. TL will need the info that Snowy asked for:). I hope that this is solved soon for you

kyliw
07-03-11, 04:58 PM
Dang, the uninstall and reinstall didn't work. :( I'm using an iphone 4 with software 4.3.3, and it looks like the version of Farm Story is 1.7.7. I guess I will try contacting support.

Thanks for your input. :)

kyliw
07-04-11, 12:55 PM
I think I figured out my problem. I'm on holiday in the middle of nowhere and the internet connection here is shoddy at best, but when we went into town and I had full service with 3G, I was able to visit my neighbors. So I guess my neighbors will have to wait until I'm back from holiday to get watered. :)

akintobe
07-24-11, 11:54 AM
I am having a problem also with not being able to see my nbrs fams, but I can't see my wall, last but not least, I can buy gems ok, but when I spend them on th surprise baskets, I get nothing back! It is not in my inventory either, but my gems are gone! I have bee having this trouble since the
Middle of June! I only started playing in May! I have reported this to Teamlava support team and Also to the developers at least 8 or 9 times! Have umpteen ticket numbers! They do not communicate with
Me, nor have they fixed my game! It worked this past week for 30 minutes only! Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no luck! I have
the newest version 1.7.7. I have powered off. I'm telling u nothing has worked! First ticket #93145. I do not know what to do now! Where do I go from here? To Apple? Can u help me! I have latterly begged for help! Tell me, what happens if they cannot fix it? What then? Thanks!

kooky panda
07-24-11, 12:10 PM
I think I figured out my problem. I'm on holiday in the middle of nowhere and the internet connection here is shoddy at best, but when we went into town and I had full service with 3G, I was able to visit my neighbors. So I guess my neighbors will have to wait until I'm back from holiday to get watered. :)

same here. Im on iphone 4 and when I go to the coast my 3G and wifi signals are weaker. I can put out crops and it runs okay but when I visit. oh man it takes 30 minutes to visit two nbrs.
I have been posting on my wall when I am at the coast that my service is in and out just so my nbrs know whats up with the Kooky farm. All of them are very understanding.

akintobe
07-24-11, 12:22 PM
ID:akintobe. Will try this again! Having same trouble with seeing my nbrs farms, but I can't see my wall either. last butnot least I buy gems with mo problem, but when I spend them on the surprise baskets, I get nothing, and the prize is not inu inventory either. I have done everything u suggested. Hive uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. I have the newest version of 1.7.7 I have powered down and then back on
wit no luck. I have reported this to TeamLava Support team along with the developers approximate 8 to 9 times, also with no luck! I cannot get them to communicate with me, only a form letter! I have been having this problem since the middle of June! Only been playin since May! One question ? Can u help! I don't know where to go from here!

jovenal
07-24-11, 12:22 PM
I am having a problem also with not being able to see my nbrs fams, but I can't see my wall, last but not least, I can buy gems ok, but when I spend them on th surprise baskets, I get nothing back! It is not in my inventory either, but my gems are gone! I have bee having this trouble since the
Middle of June! I only started playing in May! I have reported this to Teamlava support team and Also to the developers at least 8 or 9 times! Have umpteen ticket numbers! They do not communicate with
Me, nor have they fixed my game! It worked this past week for 30 minutes only! Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no luck! I have
the newest version 1.7.7. I have powered off. I'm telling u nothing has worked! First ticket #93145. I do not know what to do now! Where do I go from here? To Apple? Can u help me! I have latterly begged for help! Tell me, what happens if they cannot fix it? What then? Thanks!

sorry that you're having so much problem with this game. the iDevice (iPHone, Ipod Touch, iPad) you are using, what generation is it? what's the iOS version are you using (iOS4.3.4 or iOS3.1.3)? is this the only game are you having severe problems with or other TL games or apps are having issues as well? have you perform a cold hard reboot? a normal restart only puts you right back to where you left off since iOS shutdown to disk image. Let me know, maybe I can help you a bit. (i'll be stepping out for awhile but will check back).

as far as the gem issues, only support can correct them.

akintobe
07-24-11, 12:28 PM
Oops! Sorry! Thought I lost first post! So new at this fo thing! Can we get answers here?

akintobe
07-24-11, 12:50 PM
Thank u so much for answering back! I am using iPhone, says 3G at top! Thank u again for trying to help me! I so appreciate it! I am so frustrated! One other ? If u can answer. Is there a limit on nbrs that u can have! I tried to delete some, but with the problems I'm having, it will not let me delete any. I have 218. Thought maybe that might be my problem. I have to tell u this, I have never been able to reach my nbrs with hi levels. If they had a level above 25 I did not get to see it! I thought at he time, that I had to be a hi level in order to see them, til I found out differently! Sometimes I could get to one of the hi levels by going thru One of my lo levels! Can u tell I love the game? I luv my nbrs, but I can't read their comments and that is so frustrating! Any help u can give me would be great! I don't want to give it up! I play Zoo Story and haven't had any problems with it! Thanks!

akintobe
07-24-11, 12:53 PM
I forgot, I have powered down hard! ID akintobe, thanks!

jovenal
07-24-11, 09:33 PM
I forgot, I have powered down hard! ID akintobe, thanks!

good then I don't have tell you how to do it. just remember that shutting down you iPhone (holding sleep/wake until you get the red slider and turning your phone off) id different from cold hard reboot. this process on iPhone 3G takes 5 minutes before you are return to the home screen.

jovenal
07-24-11, 09:50 PM
iPhone 3G is very similar to original iPhone, 1st gen iPod Touch and 2nd gen iPod touch. All four devices only have 128 MB of DRAM, which is a fourth of the iPhone 4 have. Except for the 2nd gen iPod Touch, which runs on 533 MHz processor, the other 3 runs on a even slower processor clocked in 412 MHZ roughly about half the processing power of the iPhone 4.

Because of these limitations, apps are generally runs slower, lags and some even crashes. Your iPhone 3G can run a little bit smoothly and efficiently with a bit of maintenance.
* download a memory manager app to efficiently manage active processes and help you maximize free memory to boost speed.
* since your iPhone has limited RAM, free up some of your hard drive (delete apps you don't want). iOS utilizes virtual memory. virtual memory uses the hard disk to emulate RAM
* disable Spotlight search.
* perform a cold hard reboot (twice). that's not the same as holding the sleep/wake up button until you get the red slider and turning your iPhone off. That's just a normal shutdown and it only puts you right back where you left off since iOS shutdown to disk image.
- a cold hard reboot forces iOS to rebuild, which optimizes a variety of things.

? although you've already deleted the app. I suggest deleting it again before you do the cold hard boot and downloading it right after.

Try these and see if the performance of your iPhone 3G and apps improves. if not, the only other option you have is to Restore your iPhone to Factory Setting.

Regarding the neighbor limit. I'm not sure about that since I have over 650 of them. If you really need to delete some neighbors, then download a older version of FS to do it. The valentine version would work. Hopefully you don't have to do that if you get your app working properly.
Good luck!

gobblies
07-24-11, 10:40 PM
Often it happens to me. If you have visited a neighbour beforehand, be sure you wait 10-15 seconds before going to another. :p

07-25-11, 07:12 AM
Thank you jovenal for a amazing post!

Followed your suggestions and my iPhone 3G is running much better.
I just have a few of questions. You mentioned maintenance, so how often do you have to perform this? Do you also have ways to improve iPhone 3GS and iPhone4 performance?

Thank you again.

jovenal
07-26-11, 12:11 AM
Thank you jovenal for a amazing post!

Followed your suggestions and my iPhone 3G is running much better.
I just have a few of questions. You mentioned maintenance, so how often do you have to perform this? Do you also have ways to improve iPhone 3GS and iPhone4 performance?

Thank you again.

you're welcome! as for the maintenance goes, just make sure to keen you HD from time to time, and performing the cold hard boot when needed. like i said before, this is just a temporary solution.

popgunsmom
08-05-11, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=kyliw;86996]Hi, fellow Farm Story fans. :)

I tried searching for the answer to this question, but I had no luck so I thought I'd ask here. I can't visit any of my neighbors (or anyone else in the community for that matter). When I click on a neighbor, it gives me the processing sign, but then it just is back at my own farm. :confused: Any ideas?? I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling because I'm scared that I will lose all my data if I uninstall and have to start over when I reinstall.

Help?!?

Thanks![I uninstalled once, hoping to be able to start over (mostly hoping that I could start over with the gems you initially start out with), but to my dismay, (your advantage), and even after a few days...I didn't lose anything. You should be golden.]

kooky panda
08-06-11, 05:31 AM
[QUOTE=kyliw;86996]Hi, fellow Farm Story fans. :)

Help?!?

Thanks![I uninstalled once, hoping to be able to start over (mostly hoping that I could start over with the gems you initially start out with), but to my dismay, (your advantage), and even after a few days...I didn't lose anything. You should be golden.]
Go ahead and try deleting and re downloading the game. You will not lose your game. The games are stored on Team lavas servers.
After download, make sure and restart you device.