PDA

View Full Version : Broken hearted - cant understand why (possibly android problem?)

KIALea
07-03-11, 03:18 AM
Hi TL

I have a possible bug where by ladies are coming out of my changing rooms and away from mirrors broken hearted and then leave the shop.

This happens when i place my equipment in a certain design, no changing rooms are blocked, the girls are entering and coming out unhappy!

If i move my show back to its original design with all the same equipment, still only one till, this doesnt happen, ive ven tried placing 2 changing rooms and 2 mirrors on each side but no change!

Ive just been observing my shop and it seems that for every 6 or so women that enter, the first one has a happy heart then the following 5 are broken hearted and leave the shop without visiting the till to make a purchase. Consequently after about 20 women were in my shop only 3 ladies made a purchase and the rest left unhappy and my coin value only raised by 6!!! (3x2coins)..

I thought that maybe i was still getting the coins but it appears not so this is quite annoying!

I am on android so maybe this hasnt happened to any apple users?...my id is kialea

Thanks

Mogwai4111
07-03-11, 07:04 AM
I still think it's a cash register thing. The shoppers don't seem to like standing in lines.

bobbyrae
07-03-11, 06:45 PM
Check the position of your changing rooms. Best to either put them in the middle of the store or some on both sides of the store.

DirtyVixxen
07-03-11, 10:12 PM
it is not a cash register "thing" i have visited other ppls shops and ladies simply overlap and leave happy i to have the broken heart glitch. there seems to be a conflict with customers that use there mirror only with the customers that use the changing room then want to use the mirror they do not over lap. i belive this is spafic to android phones and not i phones!

Mogwai4111
07-03-11, 10:48 PM
Question- does the game allow more than one customer to use a cash register at the same time, forming a line behind it so to speak?

Maybe it doesn't involve the cash register, but what I see is one shopper with a heart bubble making her way to the cashier, and then every shopper after that getting a broken heart, until the first shopper is done at the cash register, then the very next shopper gets a heart bubble, and on and on. If that doesn't point to the broken hearts being caused by the cash register being in use I don't know what does?

It seems that while one happy customer is on their way to the cashier, it is considered blocked to all other shoppers, hence the broken heart. To me it's like Restaurant Story, even if a table is empty, it's still considered "in use" while a customer is walking to it.

nutmeg67
07-04-11, 09:56 AM
My customers don't mind that the cash register is in use. They don't really form a line--it's more like they merge into each other--but they all go away happy after their purchase.

Mogwai4111
07-04-11, 11:12 AM
I just checked on my Android and I get the overlapping customers at the cash register too, so I wouldn't say it's because lack of registers anymore. Definitely a glitch, something isn't working the way it's supposed to.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game (you won't lose your boutiques progress if you try this). That might iron out the kink.

Cantarella
07-04-11, 02:31 PM
I actually had the same problem about an hour ago! Same here, I rearranged and it worked, finally..

Rachael98
07-04-11, 02:34 PM
I actually had the same problem about an hour ago! Same here, I rearranged and it worked, finally..

That's good. OK guys, try rearranging.

KIALea
07-04-11, 02:49 PM
yeah this never used to happen till i rearranged my store, now even when i put it back to its old format its doing it!! its starting to pee me off lol!! ive already spent 20k on another till but that didnt help. ive seen other ppls shops and there ppl wait ontop of each other at the till none of them exit the shop upon leaving a changing room like my ladies do :(

Will try uninstalling and update if that works! im doubting it though...

Rachael98
07-04-11, 02:50 PM
yeah this never used to happen till i rearranged my store, now even when i put it back to its old format its doing it!! its starting to pee me off lol!! ive already spent 20k on another till but that didnt help. ive seen other ppls shops and there ppl wait ontop of each other at the till none of them exit the shop upon leaving a changing room like my ladies do :(

You're not on the latest update!? That might have an impact. Try it.

KIALea
07-04-11, 02:53 PM
ok reinstalling didnt work! Gotta be an android bug as i dont see any idevice users having this problem! *sigh* another android impediment!! i wish they would get the android games up and running properly before even releasing them!

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:50 PM
ok reinstalling didnt work! Gotta be an android bug as i dont see any idevice users having this problem! *sigh* another android impediment!! i wish they would get the android games up and running properly before even releasing them!

Oh no, please don't go anywhere near complaining about Android inconsistencies! I'm not ready for that. When they get informed, I'm sure that the devs will fix.

brinal1
07-04-11, 05:00 PM
I really wish they would fix this, the same thing is happening to me on my android. It's a little aggravating.

ninjakt
07-05-11, 02:44 PM
Same thing happened to me after I added one table. I thought it might be related to the cash register, bought another (though I knew it probably wasn't the issue), no resolution. Doesn't matter that I have eleven mirrors and it's only related to the women going to the mirrors. They look, they are not happy. I don't remember seeing them at my bakery, so it's not that they are unhappy they've gained weight. ;) I don't want to remove the tables I added with merchandise, so I'll just let them be mad until I have a chance to take it away again. My meter isn't going down though, is yours?

ginamarie510
07-09-11, 03:29 PM
I am having the same issue with broken hearts, I do have Android. ginamarie510

Rachael98
07-09-11, 04:31 PM
Can we conclude that this is an Android glitch?

Petsche01
07-10-11, 06:38 AM
Hm i used 5 register of cash. You need it really.

saintlover
07-10-11, 08:12 AM
Ive had this happen on my ipad before, just move stuff around, save it and make sure the heart thing stops. If its a go, then move it back where it was and you should have no problems. Worked for me.

twinklesaar
07-12-11, 12:14 PM
I'm having the same issue after I downloaded the latest update. I'm so disappionted since I thought that TL will fix the "restarting when in catalog" issue. But instead of fixing the bug they gave me another bug. Sad sad very saaaaad :(

Rachael98
07-12-11, 03:42 PM
They don't mean to add more bugs. But these games are pretty complex.

empressofthelight
07-15-11, 10:18 PM
I was having this issue and what seemed to cause it was either rearranging or adding things. What fixed it for me was putting things in storage or selling it. Try getting rid of stuff. It might help you out too.

naminami83
07-19-11, 02:48 AM
I'm having the same problem. Customers look in to mirrors and leave brokenhearted, immediately. So this problem has nothing to do with the cash registers. Notifications don't work either. And I can send gifts only one by one. Using droid as well.

sisky
07-19-11, 06:09 AM
I'm using android (tablet) too and I had the broken hearts things as well. Luckily for me adding another register fixed it. It was the only thing I changed.
Just want to say though, when I saw fashion story in the market I ridiculously happy, so I'm living with the bugs so I don't have to play it on my tiny ipod! They shouldn't take too long to sort it out :)

vidaa2
07-20-11, 03:44 AM
I think I have figured a plausible explanation.
As android user I have all the issues related before (only one costumer going to each cash so I had 3).

I think it might be a ?switch, case? issue.
- As the costumers want to buy, they check the closest cash available.
- If that one is locked by some other costumer it tries to find another, and so on?
- At the end they should pay at the ?default cash? that is the default game position (3 SE, 2 SW).
- Because there is no cash default register (because there is none at 3SE, 2SW) then they don?t buy.

Probably if the games is able to set a custom default cash register, this issue is gone.
Until there, you know what to do.

cashler87
07-21-11, 08:31 AM
Putting the register back in its original spot seemed to work for me!! I have no more unhappy customers :) Vidda2 you are awesome!

estariel
07-21-11, 09:09 PM
This is definitely a cash register and design bug. I've noticed a few cells in my shop that cannot have objects on it (wall itemsms ok), and also has to do with the way the cash register is facing. If i have at least one register facing the NW wall, then all registers take multiple customers, but if I have all registers facing NE wall, I get the broken hearts from unavailable registers. Also, I had moved the door to a new spot, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

charlottewong
07-21-11, 11:18 PM
Hi, I am on Android & I had same problem, but the ladies become happy once I put the changing room in the middle of the shop. Pls try. Thanks! my id is charlottewong

kmparker79
07-22-11, 04:30 PM
I am having the same issues with mirrors and dressing rooms. The consistencies seem to be the Android OS and rearranging, which is a glitch. I just expanded and rearranged my boutique. Now I am getting broken hearts coming out of dressing rooms and leaving mirrors. This has nothing to do with the cash registers- as with bakery story the customers seem to simply trample over each other to pay and leave. I will try rearranging again, but it shouldn't honestly matter in which direction my dressing rooms face, etc. I am annoyed that I spent a lot of time rearranging only to lose sales due to a glitch in programming...

darkcouture
07-23-11, 10:42 AM
I had sad ladies until I put in 6 dressing rooms, tons of mirrors they can get to, plenty of stock, and 3 cashiers. Now they're happy. :-)

CafeNatasha
07-23-11, 11:09 AM

I am having the Exact same Issues on my Android :( I even bought another reviser as well but the same thing happens as mentioned above customers are unhappy upon leaving the changing rooms :(

Russianlily
07-24-11, 06:32 AM
I am only getting broken hearts for hours now on mirrors and dressing rooms. I wish I woulnt have
spent money on gems :( no matter how i rearrange only 1/4 of my fitting rooms work. they seemed to have fixed the gift glitch quick hopefully they fix this. B/c with this and
Not getting notifications I just might just uninstall.

Russianlily
07-25-11, 02:53 PM
I am getting fed up with this game. I can't belive that this is not fixed yet. I put way to much time into this game. I spent 3 hours rearraging so I wouldnt get all broken hearts it finally worked and now im getting all broken hearts again-missing gems and still no notifications. I'm deleting this game now, not worth time and money. Ti bad I can't fine away my gems that are left.

tesive
08-12-11, 05:33 PM
I have all the same issues. I have a Droid X, just expanded to 13x16, 3 registers, 6 standing mirrors, 3 unblocked wall mirrors and 8 dressing rooms, 6 on one side, 2 on another. At least 2/3 of my women are unhappy now. The walkways are clear to everything. I just don't get it. Before I expanded, I had every single woman with a happy heart and life was grand! This happens to me every single time I expand. It is truly frustrating. I put a lot into the arrangement and then have to move over and over again until the broken hearts go away. Up till this update, I've been able to re-arrange enough to get them to stop. This time I haven't found the solution. It appears this is some sort of glitch. I'd just like to know that the TL folks are working on a fix. I have read through this thread completely and not once has it mentioned if TL is working on this or not. Please let us know. Thanks!

Superyalda
08-12-11, 05:39 PM
Don't hold your breath for a reply. I dont have the same issue but I haven't been able to get into any games for three days and no one is replying to my posts, VMs or emails!

tesive
08-12-11, 05:49 PM
Well, that's not comforting. :(

kooky panda
08-12-11, 06:10 PM
Don't hold your breath for a reply. I dont have the same issue but I haven't been able to get into any games for three days and no one is replying to my posts, VMs or emails!
sorry superyalda but I have not gotten an VM from you that you are having problems with fashion .
Catch me up on the problem that you having getting into fashion. What have you tried. the standard restarting and deleting the game and downloading?
Also what device to you play on /along with current version.
Also when did you email support, and have you gotten your automatic response with your ticket number yet?

kooky panda
08-12-11, 06:12 PM
I have all the same issues. I have a Droid X, just expanded to 13x16, 3 registers, 6 standing mirrors, 3 unblocked wall mirrors and 8 dressing rooms, 6 on one side, 2 on another. At least 2/3 of my women are unhappy now. The walkways are clear to everything. I just don't get it. Before I expanded, I had every single woman with a happy heart and life was grand! This happens to me every single time I expand. It is truly frustrating. I put a lot into the arrangement and then have to move over and over again until the broken hearts go away. Up till this update, I've been able to re-arrange enough to get them to stop. This time I haven't found the solution. It appears this is some sort of glitch. I'd just like to know that the TL folks are working on a fix. I have read through this thread completely and not once has it mentioned if TL is working on this or not. Please let us know. Thanks!

With the the broken heart problems, it is really hard to help on this one without a picture to go by. If you could upload a picture, it helps so ppl can take a look to see if we can spot something that may help.

Superyalda
08-13-11, 03:19 AM
sorry superyalda but I have not gotten an VM from you that you are having problems with fashion .
Catch me up on the problem that you having getting into fashion. What have you tried. the standard restarting and deleting the game and downloading?
Also what device to you play on /along with current version.
Also when did you email support, and have you gotten your automatic response with your ticket number yet?

Hi KP. just to set the record straight, you are correct. I haven't addressed my issue in the BS forums, only in RS. Greygull has been wonderful, as you are and all the other moderators! I've sent you a VM to update you. My ticket number is: 117785
Thanks for your support!

Superyalda
08-13-11, 04:03 AM
It's also really hard to keep a stable connection in the forum. I lose connection with the TL servers so the page is resubmitted. This also causes duplicate posts! Sorry :(

lotsofkisses
08-13-11, 07:45 AM
********I found what it is check the post titled "all happy faces fixed" (I meant hearts) but u have to move ur tables to be free from all four sides !!! Who knew... I always had mine against the wall. I get all happy faces now !

kooky panda
08-13-11, 07:51 AM
It's also really hard to keep a stable connection in the forum. I lose connection with the TL servers so the page is resubmitted. This also causes duplicate posts! Sorry :(
i know!! has happened to me. I went ahead and deleted one for you.

tesive
08-13-11, 10:08 AM
I've tried adding mirrors by the two cashiers, I've moved the cashiers, I've added a cashier to the original cashier spot by the windows/ottomans area, I've removed racks. I am lost. I've done everything I know of and I'm getting more broken than happy hearts. I honestly don't even like to go there now to create new orders. It's depressing and I certainly don't need that from a game I'm supposed to have fun with.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/laromantictx/fashion_story-2011-08-13-11-32-38.png

kooky panda
08-13-11, 04:01 PM
tesive
Okay I agree I cannot see any problems with your store. Let me ask you... what is your happiness when you come in? 97, 98? or are you really low in 80, 70?
I know sometimes when I start game I may be 96 97 and have a few broken hearts, but as shoppers come in, I get back to 100.

in my store, I am on level 81. I am fully expanded. I have three wall mirrors, 5 floor mirrors, 12 dressing rooms and three cash registers . I am normally always at 100.
I also have tons of racks and tables out. I will post a pic of my fashion so you can see the amount of racks and tables I have.

I know there should be a happy balance (this is the challenge in the game) but I do not know the formula.

can you add a couple or dressing rooms( if you have some in inventory)

kooky panda
08-13-11, 04:04 PM
Okay here is my store(some dressing rooms are for decoration and not used)
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/985530c7.jpg

Superyalda
08-14-11, 02:56 AM
FYI, my connection problems seem to be ok now! Yay!

sallylee123
08-15-11, 02:17 AM
I'm an Android user and also having the same problem. I Rearranged my store; no change. Frustrating because that's alot of money being lost :(

pbrigitte
08-30-11, 04:51 AM
Noticed that mine was doing it too, looks like the register has to be clear on all sides :( no "counter" of registers, etc allowed.

friscofarm
09-06-11, 12:17 PM
I also have this prob suddenly. All I did today was move clothes around because I was going to add a collect.. now my customers come out or dressing rooms broken hearted, also from mirrors. I don't think it has anything to do with cash registers seeing how everything was fine before. Everything is accessible still, I only moved tables and racks around. How can this be fixed. I want happy customers :)
Id:friscofarm , version 1.0.6 using droid x

kooky panda
09-06-11, 12:46 PM
I also have this prob suddenly. All I did today was move clothes around because I was going to add a collect.. now my customers come out or dressing rooms broken hearted, also from mirrors. I don't think it has anything to do with cash registers seeing how everything was fine before. Everything is accessible still, I only moved tables and racks around. How can this be fixed. I want happy customers :)
Id:friscofarm , version 1.0.6 using droid x

when you expand, this can happen. you will have to play around with # of racks, registers, mirror and dressing rooms. I think the Size of your store is also part of everything.
If you still have issues, try and post a picture (see link in my signature if you do not know how to post a picture). so we can see your store and try to help.

Trplhazrd
09-14-11, 02:49 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17624-quot-Broken-Hearted-quot-Customer-Bug-Fix!