PDA

View Full Version : Why is every new recipe priced at 4 coins?

Miquilis
07-02-11, 06:40 AM
Was wondering if there was a reason or if it had already been addressed why every new dish seems to sell at 4 coins?

I find myself not cooking many or the new dishes or ice cream since it's easier and faster to save up for an expansion by selling pricier dishes such as Red Velvet Cake (12 coins) or Cinnamon Rolls and Cappuccinos (10 coins) even though I've already mastered them.

mattdiner
07-02-11, 06:45 AM
I agree. When you're a high level, this would slow down the profit.

jaid666
07-02-11, 09:27 PM
Can't really voice any complaints about cheap prices for new items. I'm already lvl 64 in bs, and while having every recipe sell for 10 coins would be cool, it sorta defeats the purpose of the game. If you really want to make a fast profit, why not just stick to the high priced items like cappuccinos?

Personally I enjoy the variety of the items, and despite being high level don't mind making a slow profit.

nananess
07-04-11, 12:46 AM
Never thought of it this way! Good point!

desertfarmer
07-04-11, 03:51 AM
Im not good at math but i've seen some players do the calculations somewhere.
Red velvet ,cinnamon and capps are 1 day and 12 hours duty while the new ones are 6,3,2 and 1 hours.
They maybe less profit if calculated individually, but if added and compared to those long hours food, it may surpassed it's profits. Sorry if i cant show the calculation part.as i said im not good in math :")

I hope someone who have time to do the calculations will show it here. I dont mind too if it really is lower profits than the others since im now only in the mastery.. ;-)

Miquilis
07-04-11, 08:49 AM
Im not good at math but i've seen some players do the calculations somewhere.
Red velvet ,cinnamon and capps are 1 day and 12 hours duty while the new ones are 6,3,2 and 1 hours.
They maybe less profit if calculated individually, but if added and compared to those long hours food, it may surpassed it's profits. Sorry if i cant show the calculation part.as i said im not good in math :")

I hope someone who have time to do the calculations will show it here. I dont mind too if it really is lower profits than the others since im now only in the mastery.. ;-)

Yeah, I've seen the spreadsheet too but even if it's cheeper and faster to stock up on items that only cook for an hour or less it takes so long to sell them out. Especially since customers seem to move slower recently.

Miquilis
07-04-11, 08:54 AM
Can't really voice any complaints about cheap prices for new items. I'm already lvl 64 in bs, and while having every recipe sell for 10 coins would be cool, it sorta defeats the purpose of the game. If you really want to make a fast profit, why not just stick to the high priced items like cappuccinos?

Personally I enjoy the variety of the items, and despite being high level don't mind making a slow profit.

I like variety too but every new dish selling for 4 coins isn't variety. I understand every dish can't be priced at 10 coins but some price differences would be good. The last expensive dish was the Valentines Cookies and there's been so many new dishes since then (and all the ice cream) and they're all priced at 4 coins. I'll stick to red velvet cake to make profit though until I can afford my next expansion.