PDA

View Full Version : Bad word filter

saintlover
07-01-11, 09:16 PM
Funny thing. When I try to let my neighbors know I have sent them a knob the naughty word filter pops up a message:

YOUR MESSAGE CONTAINS INAPPROPRIATE WORD(S). PLEASE ENTER A NEW MESSAGE

I can say knobs but not knob. Seriously the filter picks up one of the parts as an inappropriate word. ???!!!

driftboutique
07-01-11, 09:40 PM
I know, it's quite amusing :D GM has been advised of the problem and let us know that it would be fixed but that it might take a while. In the meantime I just call it a kn?b, because umlauts make everything better.

driftboutique
07-01-11, 09:40 PM
Well, apparently I can't post umlauts here. Woe.

talyon
07-01-11, 10:53 PM
Try telling your neighbors, your sending them a twirly turning blue thingy. Lol

saintlover
07-02-11, 02:30 AM

hahaha!

The funny part is it will let you say knobs. why are multiple knobs ok and singular knobs not? Quite funny to me. I didnt think that word has been used as a slang to a body part in 20 years lol.

Rachael98
07-02-11, 02:41 AM
Personally, I think that filtering 'knob' is a waste of time when the word filter is currently so bad! Once they sort out the fact that you can just insert and sp ace in the middle of the bad word, or ?(<---you can't see that, but accented 'a')ccent a letter, then they can refine words such as 'knob'. Their support team gets a lot of time wasted by complaints that don't warrant dis. act., but there are many that do. I'd personally not like to have to spend my time reporting left right and centre because people get through the filter. And they probably don't want to have to answer so many relavent requests.

meatballz
07-03-11, 05:25 PM
Yes....screw goes through fine...I don't think the creators thought it through very long when they named these parts...

pinkster73
07-03-11, 07:35 PM
I just had to say that this thread made me actually lol! Thank you

debbymilly
07-04-11, 05:35 AM
Personally, I think that filtering 'knob' is a waste of time when the word filter is currently so bad! Once they sort out the fact that you can just insert and sp ace in the middle of the bad word, or ?(<---you can't see that, but accented 'a')ccent a letter, then they can refine words such as 'knob'. Their support team gets a lot of time wasted by complaints that don't warrant dis. act., but there are many that do. I'd personally not like to have to spend my time reporting left right and centre because people get through the filter. And they probably don't want to have to answer so many relavent requests.

Why stick your nose in and report people. Don't you have better things to do with your time. Just get on with your own game and let them get caught out by the developers.

coacs
07-04-11, 06:03 AM
Inexplicably the word titmouse is also banned. Because titmouse is such an offensive term? Can you imagine anything more ridiculous or arbitrary than banning the word titmouse?

Common sense, anyone?

debbymilly
07-04-11, 06:53 AM
Inexplicably the word titmouse is also banned. Because titmouse is such an offensive term? Can you imagine anything more ridiculous or arbitrary than banning the word titmouse?

Common sense, anyone?

Common sense from TL who couldn't even spell sheet between them(they thought it was sheat)

Good job that z list celeb from the UK called Abi Titmuss doesnt want to play TL games

coacs
07-04-11, 08:47 AM
Common sense from TL who couldn't even spell sheet between them(they thought it was sheat)

Good job that z list celeb from the UK called Abi Titmuss doesnt want to play TL games

Ha, that's brilliant. And Abi Titmuss: I haven't heard her name for years! Bet she plays Farm Story.

GoAheadBakeMyDay44
07-07-11, 01:05 AM

Yeah I can't because parts for ice cream and bev machines are not available for Android phones, LAME, yah that's the consensus :p....

gobblies
07-07-11, 01:12 AM

Common sense, anyone?

what a rude rodent!

bobbyrae
07-08-11, 06:56 AM
I noticed this as well...yet the F word can be posted and all sorts of other curse words...makes no sense really.

talyon
07-08-11, 07:09 AM

The problem with Common Sense is, it's not so Common in it's use ergo why refer to it as Common when it's not. Lol Make sense.