PDA

View Full Version : Let us reset our account/city

ghent96
07-01-11, 05:52 PM
Pretty simple. With poor placement of GUI buttons and a little lag at times, it's pretty easy to hit the wrong button early on in the game while we're learning. Give us the option to account reset, like in all the Storm8 games. Thanks

Rachael98
07-01-11, 05:57 PM
Oops. I accidentally added on the wrong one:( I vote no.

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 06:00 PM
The beauty of the Story games is there's no need to reset. You'll earn back your mis-spent coins, and you get to keep the expetience you've already earned, so in a way it'd be better not to reset even if you had the option.

ghent96
07-11-11, 12:22 PM
You've gotta be kidding me, right? No, it's not easy to earn back city-cash. You get 1... ONE measly city buck for mastering a factory job, which takes days to do. Now at the start, if you're building away, and run out of coins, that popup appears under your finger as your placing buildings at exactly the right spot to "force" you to accidentally hit "OK" to waste 10 city-cash on 40k coins. 40k coins is useless, utterly useless, especially given how you could have saved those 10 city-cash later on to help with buying a cool building or expansion or box.

Mogwai4111
07-11-11, 03:23 PM
You've gotta be kidding me, right? No, it's not easy to earn back city-cash.

I didn't say it was? Earning city cash definitely takes some time and effort, but it makes the game fun.

xSnowyOwlx
07-12-11, 09:50 AM
You've gotta be kidding me, right? No, it's not easy to earn back city-cash. You get 1... ONE measly city buck for mastering a factory job, which takes days to do. Now at the start, if you're building away, and run out of coins, that popup appears under your finger as your placing buildings at exactly the right spot to "force" you to accidentally hit "OK" to waste 10 city-cash on 40k coins. 40k coins is useless, utterly useless, especially given how you could have saved those 10 city-cash later on to help with buying a cool building or expansion or box.

Personally, I've never done that, accidentally hit the wrong button. The problem is people need to be patient and not just tapping all over the place to get things done quickly. I've only wasted gems in other games once and that was because I was dumb and not paying attention when placing a floor tile I had and dragged off on a floor tile that I didn't have that cost gems - plus, I didn't even want that floor tile ever because it doesn't fit my "style".

lesleypsg1
07-12-11, 08:16 PM
Sure, allow resets, but no more city cash. The game basics are free. You get 10 free city cash to save, spend, or learn with. The devs need to make a living somehow.

I voted no btw. If you screw up your design just start over. If u run out of coins, wait til the next morning for the daily bonus. These games aren't on a timer, nor are they competitive, which is why I like them. if u really want a premium item, suck it up and support the cause. If u don't want to or can't, then just enjoy the free play. I highly suspect the ones wanting the reset are ppl who just want the city cash back because they goofed on spending it, or aren't happy once they intentionally spent it. As I said, the devs have got to make a living somehow

jovenal
07-12-11, 08:27 PM
No need for a reset but if they do, I agree with lesleypsg1, no free 10 city cash for restarted game.

cityerror
07-12-11, 08:52 PM
Next thing you know is, people complaining about "help! I accidentally resetted my ________ :( " ...

jovenal
07-12-11, 09:46 PM
Next thing you know is, people complaining about "help! I accidentally resetted my ________ :( " ...

So true! I can almost see some doing that!!

Rachael98
07-12-11, 11:39 PM
The problem is the UDID...

lesleypsg1
07-13-11, 03:07 AM

Lmao, exactly

"oh no, I have a lvl 90 city with all premie buildings, and I reset...help, I want my city back! Team lava is just so unfair"

Sorry gang, my sarcasm is at a high these days lol

Mogwai4111
07-13-11, 11:03 AM
I've gotta think if they were going to make a reset button it'd be on your profile (i.e. not easy to accidently click), and there'd be a confirmation screen. That's how it is in the Storm8 games.

ghent96
07-15-11, 12:02 PM

Well, considering TeamLava doesn't understand the concept of a CONFIRMATION BUTTON on anything, yeah, they probably would code it so that a single tap on 1 button smack in the center of the Settings menu did an instant reset :P