PDA

View Full Version : End of an Era: No More Weekly Contests (as we know them)

GroupMagma
07-01-11, 04:03 PM
As the title suggests, as of this week, we will no longer be running weekly contests. There are several reasons why this is being implemented, which I'd like to outline below:

1) They don't engage the Community.

Too many people come to the forums once a week to post their pictures on the contest threads and leave, returning only on Fridays to see if they win. This goes against why we have these contests in the first place; while we like providing users who can't normally get Gems with an opportunity to do so, another reason we hold these contests is to grow our Community. The more players we have taking an active role in the TL community, the more we can learn about what you all want as a whole, and how we can make the games better for everyone. If you're just here for the Gems, we don't get that two-way communication.

2) They take a lot of time to manage, especially with *****ers.

It can be time-consuming creating, managing and paying out to nine different threads every week. This is doubly-so when some users post more than once in the same thread. Even with the best of intentions (such as trying to help a family member or friend), this is still a violation of the rules.

3) It's harder for our Android users to compete.

It's fairly easy for iOS users to take part in the Weekly Contests, but the Android users have much larger barriers for entry; they have to either have an iOS device on-hand to take a picture of their farm/restaurant/etc., have a friend do it and send them the file, or take other measures to give their devices Screenshot functionality (some of which are dangerous for their phone). We'd like to start having contests anyone can compete in easily, regardless of their device.

Now, before my PM box hate'splodes, I'd like to stress that this does NOT mean we'll stop giving out Gems/CCash. We still have plans to do that. However, we want to go outside the normal post-pic events, and run some events in the forums that:

Are fun! We want users to look forward to the events every week -- not just for the opportunity to fill their bank, but for the fun of participating. Look at Mogwai's events, which are already much more fun than the Weekly Contests without so much as a Gem prize.
Help grow the Community! While we definitely respect all of your opinions in regards to suggestions and feedback, we want to hear from more of our users as well. These could be your friends, your family members, classmates, coworkers, random people you see on the street, members of Congress/Parliment, your imaginery friends, etc. The bigger the sample size we have on the forums, the better feel we get for what our Community wants from our games.
Are creative! Again, going off Mogwai's events, it's clear you guys are more creative than yours truly. We want to see you all flex your creative muscles and have events that knock our collective socks off.
Can be entered by Android or iOS users! Apple fans, give your Google compadres some love. We want events that everyone can participate in easily.
Aren't a hassle to manage. Hey, these things take time. And TL does make me work occasionally when I'm not screwing around on the forums. :)

Taking all that into account, I plan to have another contest next week, in which all of you tell me YOUR ideas for more contests you'd like TL to run in the forums, or even on Facebook, Twitter, or elsewhere on the internet. Start thinking of ideas now (but save them for next week), and hopefully, we can come up with some Contests/Events that are better than the Weeklys. :)

rashedx
07-01-11, 04:31 PM
.........

redbites
07-01-11, 04:35 PM
I don't mind it's over, I never won anyway

Rachael98
07-01-11, 04:39 PM
.........

Ahhh...don't be sad.

But, this is a shock! Well, don't add gem prizes into Mog's competitions. I think that part of it is just the friendly, fun atmosphere. I like the word
hate'spoldes even if not the meaning:p. Well, let's get creative. But let us also lament the disappearance of Weekly Contests. They will be missed by many so may they Rest in Peace.

PS: TL makes you do work!?:p

Rachael98
07-01-11, 04:40 PM
I don't mind it's over, I never won anyway

Lol. I didn't because I hardly ever entered because it took too long.

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 04:44 PM
This is very good news for us and forum bandwith. 2 birds with 1 stone.

ToastyRock
07-01-11, 04:44 PM
Well, don't add gem prizes into Mog's competitions. I think that part of it is just the friendly, fun atmosphere.

Totally agree with this. It's awesome to hear some of y'all feel the same way :) a good contest encourages play and interaction, and gets people as excited about the competition as about the reward.

(Gasp... it's a post from Toasty!)

Rachael98
07-01-11, 04:45 PM
This is very good news for us and forum bandwith. 2 birds with 1 stone.

Mogwai's competitions are now the primary forum ones:D!

Rachael98
07-01-11, 04:46 PM
Totally agree with this. It's awesome to hear some of y'all feel the same way :) a good contest encourages play and interaction, and gets people as excited about the competition as about the reward.

(Gasp... it's a post from Toasty!)

Wow, welcome back TR. Are you planning on staying:p?
It does. Mog didn't want funding for them and I see why now.
But, here's the big question: can any of us make competitions to the standard of Mog's?

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 04:48 PM

doh! Foiled again

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 04:50 PM
But, here's the big question: can any of us make competitions to the standard of Mog's?

YES! It's not so hard, find a little inspiration, for me it was the triple crown (a series of horse races) and just let the ideas flow, even the bad ones.

Rachael98
07-01-11, 04:51 PM
doh! Foiled again

:pHahaha!
[Extra letters because my post is 'too short']

Rachael98
07-01-11, 04:51 PM
YES! It's not so hard, find a little inspiration, for me it was the triple crown (a series of horse races) and just let the ideas flow, even the bad ones.

If you say so;)

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 04:53 PM
If you say so;)

I told you I'd help you come up with a little event of your own. Anyway we're getting off topic so just VM me

sterlingempire
07-01-11, 05:04 PM
Darn it....... this was the only way I can earn gems....... I hope there actually ARE different ways to earn gems :( I have never won a contest anyways. They take WAY too long to post pictures....... Very disappointing TL.

trenae
07-01-11, 05:09 PM
A really good decision, looking forward to seeing what ideas get posted. :)

greygull
07-01-11, 05:11 PM
I didn't participate in the contests, so am not sadden by them being changed. I did play in the ones with recipes (RS and BS), which were fun! And loved Mogwai's contests!

Contests outside the forum are ok, but not everyone does Facebook. I don't for several reasons, one of which is a cousin would make sure to post every little thing I say to every person she knows.

driftboutique
07-01-11, 05:14 PM
I look forward to seeing what kind of new contests there will be :) I hope to see some merit-based contests in the future. I hope that doesn't come off wrong. I just like seeing people rewarded for dedication, hard work, and creativity.

I liked the voting aspect of the Facebook contests, but there are a lot of facets to it that allow for an uneven playing field. Perhaps there could be contests decided by vote on the forum?

greygull
07-01-11, 05:18 PM
Perhaps there could be contests decided by vote on the forum?

Agree! Peer based winnings would be fun!

cast1532
07-01-11, 05:20 PM
I won twice. I should feel sad but I'm not. I'm glad Team Lava is looking both ways. I been on this forum since last year and I'm loving the new improvements. Can't until next week.

GroupMagma
07-01-11, 05:21 PM
I'm in favor of doing some of those as well, but I want to make sure there are other contests in which new users, or users who don't spend money on Gems, still have a chance to win. :)

Rachael98
07-01-11, 05:27 PM
I'm in favor of doing some of those as well, but I want to make sure there are other contests in which new users, or users who don't spend money on Gems, still have a chance to win. :)

Yes. Although I suppose that you would prefer that we spend money?

greygull
07-01-11, 05:35 PM
yes. Although i suppose that you would prefer that we spend money?

rofl! 

GroupMagma
07-01-11, 05:43 PM
rofl! 

Well, my preference is that you all spend all of your disposable income in Gems, then write separate tickets into Support saying you only did so because of your hero, GroupMagma, and that you'd only purchase Gems again unless he's given a huge raise. :p :D

...but as far as wanting to create a pleasant forum experience goes, I'd like to make sure everyone gets an equal shot at getting Gems, so long as they're willing to participate. :)

bigbux3
07-01-11, 05:49 PM
why?!!!! i JUST WON!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I WANNA COMPETE AGAIN!!!! I JUST WON!!!!!!!!!

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 05:58 PM
why?!!!! i JUST WON!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I WANNA COMPETE AGAIN!!!! I JUST WON!!!!!!!!!

You can compete and win again, it'll just be a different kind of contest is all.

Rachael98
07-01-11, 06:00 PM
Well, my preference is that you all spend all of your disposable income in Gems, then write separate tickets into Support saying you only did so because of your hero, GroupMagma, and that you'd only purchase Gems again unless he's given a huge raise. :p :D

...but as far as wanting to create a pleasant forum experience goes, I'd like to make sure everyone gets an equal shot at getting Gems, so long as they're willing to participate. :)

I'm actually thinking of buying some. Does it count as spam if I do that:p? What canned message do they use for that? Of my hundred or so Support e-mails, I've never had a reply that would fit there:D

Rachael98
07-01-11, 06:08 PM

VMed you a draft e-mail.

GroupMagma
07-01-11, 06:10 PM
<note to protect my job>

Please don't actually send Support emails saying that. :p

</note to protect my job>

guiltfree
07-01-11, 06:17 PM
I think its great as a Droid I thank you :)

myweedpatch
07-01-11, 06:44 PM
Please no Facebook contests. I don't want to have to have a FB acct to enter. Contests should be on the forum please.

driftboutique
07-01-11, 07:33 PM

I agree. A mix is good :)

myporcelainlife
07-01-11, 08:30 PM
Awww I personally loved the contests! It was a great way to get new ideas on bakery designs and really fun to share. :)

trenae
07-01-11, 08:54 PM
Awww I personally loved the contests! It was a great way to get new ideas on bakery designs and really fun to share. :)

Nothing wrong with just sharing your Bakery or other Story game designs in a thread and see what forum users think of it - just won't be for gems in a contest is all. :)

nmishii
07-01-11, 09:11 PM
Thank you, Group Magma and TL.

I am an Android user and it was not as convenient to enter the photo contests so I did not. I am all for contests that are equal for all players. Although I would not recommend a "What ice cream should be made available on Bakery Story?" contest.

I would prefer forum entries rather than Facebook.

myporcelainlife
07-01-11, 09:38 PM
I agree no facebook please.I don't have one and I won't make one for the sake of contests.I come to the forums daily as do most core players.I request you keep contests here as well.

driftboutique
07-01-11, 09:43 PM
There are already contests on Facebook and I don't see them taking them way because not everyone can participate. Same goes for Twitter. You'll just have to stick with the contests that take place here. I don't think that's so awful that you should ask others to be deprived of something just because you don't wish to participate.

JoJosBakersDelite
07-01-11, 10:12 PM
I am an android user so am excited that the contests will be made for all!! I think there is no problem having Facebook contests as well as forum contests!!
I also agree with keep posting pics of bakeries, restaurants etc as I love seeing all the creative ideas!! Thanks TL for this new adventure and all the updates!!!

greygull
07-01-11, 11:09 PM
Idea for the first contest:

See how many people you can recuit to the forums! Start a new sticky thread, and new people can say hi and who suggested they visit the forums! The person who gets the most people to join gets some reward - gems, a completed constructible item, a choice of one item from a magic box, etc. They get to choose the reward (within certain standards of course).

Second idea:

Theme based, peer judged designs. Similar to what the contests were, but each week or whenever, a theme is created (ex. Best Restaurant that DIDN'T use gems). People can enter until Thursday midnight (PST), judging by the forums until Friday midnight, winner declared Saturday. Yes, members of TL can also judge, but all votes are counted equally.

jrax3
07-01-11, 11:26 PM
Idea for the first contest:

See how many people you can recuit to the forums! Start a new sticky thread, and new people can say hi and who suggested they visit the forums! The person who gets the most people to join gets some reward - gems, a completed constructible item, a choice of one item from a magic box, etc. They get to choose the reward (within certain standards of course).

Good idea, but I think this would just create spam on the 'Walls' of our Bakerys & Restraunts. :/
I am glad they're not removing contests completely, because I love contests! :p If I come up with an idea, I will come back here & post it! :)

jrax3
07-01-11, 11:33 PM
Okay, like the thread for the "New Drink Idea" for Restraunt Story... maybe the contests could be like that! & whoevers drink gets chosen wins the contest & gets the gems!

Maybe do some random trivia questions where whoever posts the right answers first wins. It would keep people coming back & checking the forums. Have it do with food, fashion, zoos, or cities to fit the Story games.

Hmm... maybe who can come up with the most creative name or idea for something. I don't know, lol. :p

sunshine56
07-02-11, 12:04 AM
Sad news, but hey, I can say I won the last one! I was so surprised to see I won for Fashion this week. And I've won once for City Story. So a total of two.

Back when Norm had that contest with the questions, and you had to say what item it was, I won like three times. So it's been a good run. Still no Burj Al Arab, but pretty much everything else! I look forward to the the next methods of getting gems!

LanokaHarbor
07-02-11, 02:07 AM
I am not interested in Facebook contests. If the goal is to create and increase participation on these boards, then keep it on the boards.

Rachael98
07-02-11, 02:57 AM
<note to protect my job>

Please don't actually send Support emails saying that. :p

</note to protect my job>

I have the power:p! Muhahahahahaha!
Now, several requests...or I might just slip and press 'send' lol:D.

hippoberry
07-02-11, 12:45 PM
Better pick up the pace on that backpedaling, Magma. She means serious business ! :p

tsuyoin
07-02-11, 01:00 PM
T.T i just found out last wk about the contests and this wk it ended.... >.< sad...

Rachael98
07-02-11, 01:31 PM
Better pick up the pace on that backpedaling, Magma. She means serious business ! :p

Actually, I do have a few serious requests, but GM probably can't help them. Which is a terrible shame. But it's worth a try. However, I'll be fair and let him have his say first. Although, it's truly unacceptable that he gets the weekend off:p! Or not...I get the weekend off. No, GroupMagmas should not get the weekend off actually. We need people to moderate.

hippoberry
07-02-11, 01:39 PM
Actually, I do have a few serious requests, but GM probably can't help them. Which is a terrible shame. But it's worth a try. However, I'll be fair and let him have his say first. Although, it's truly unacceptable that he gets the weekend off:p! Or not...I get the weekend off. No, GroupMagmas should not get the weekend off actually. We need people to moderate.

I was hoping you would request ice cream machines for us Android users. Not because I want one that badly (although I do), but because I get to watch you blackmailed a GM with ice cream.

Rachael98
07-02-11, 01:43 PM
I was hoping you would request ice cream machines for us Android users. Not because I want one that badly (although I do), but because I get to watch you blackmailed a GM with ice cream.

Haha! As has been said, hopefully they'll implement one. Wouldn't it be better to blackmail him with a Sticky Fig Pop? Whilst I won't say what my requests actually would be outside of a PM to GM, it might be linked to that:D.

rivetbabydoll
07-02-11, 01:54 PM
I think it sucks that the contests have been removed but I can understand the point that it was much easier for Apple users to enter than Android users, which wasn't fair to everyone. I suggest having a contest on here, not on facebook, twitter, (insert other social networking site here) because some users are too young to have an account for those and/or do not want to clutter up their own personal pages with TL stuff.

Why can't you just continue the contests without making people post a picture of their bakery/boutique/farm/etc ? That way everyone would have the same equal chance in entering since we wouldn't have to take screenshots of our enterprise? Just saying...

trenae
07-02-11, 02:00 PM
I think it sucks that the contests have been removed but I can understand the point that it was much easier for Apple users to enter than Android users, which wasn't fair to everyone. I suggest having a contest on here, not on facebook, twitter, (insert other social networking site here) because some users are too young to have an account for those and/or do not want to clutter up their own personal pages with TL stuff.

Why can't you just continue the contests without making people post a picture of their bakery/boutique/farm/etc ? That way everyone would have the same equal chance in entering since we wouldn't have to take screenshots of our enterprise? Just saying...

The forums is one community for TeamLava, however TeamLava's social networking pages are TeamLava communities as well. Generally speaking there are contests run on both the forum/website, as well as social networking sites, to grow and engage all communities that have an interest in a company, in this case it's TeamLava games. To run only on the forum would be neglecting their user base on social networking sites. Social networking sites are also a great way to grow a forum community. Offering to run contests on all (site/forum/social networking sites) covers a bigger percentage of the user base, it also allows for more to participate and they can choose which contests they'd like to participate in.

cakeandpie
07-02-11, 04:15 PM
I agree, no (more) contests on Facebook please. I'm not on Facebook for a reason and I don't want to be forced to either join or forgo the contests.

ChezKat14
07-02-11, 06:47 PM
I don't have fb personally, but perhaps rather than people feeling excluded from contests on either site, the contests could be held on both, simultaneously.
Like in the past how GM has (very kindly!) uploaded the pics to fb for users who don't have an account, that way it keeps expanding both communities :)
Ideas?

Rockinkitten
07-03-11, 04:23 AM
I'd love competitions where people have to send pix of themselves dressed in an outfit that looks like one in Fashion Story, or cook a meal that looks like something out of Restaurant story! Or imagine you went to the zoo and found two crocodiles cudled up like the croc with the baby ;) And then people could vote for the best one! Even without gems this would be so much fun!

Rockinkitten
07-03-11, 04:25 AM
Oh, and I wanted to say THANK YOU for the gems I won in the Zoo contest! It was the first time I entered and never thought I would win. Now I have finally been able to buy that dragon I so wanted!

bigbux3
07-03-11, 12:17 PM
when do the contests start? and where are they?

trenae
07-03-11, 12:21 PM
when do the contests start? and where are they?

They haven't started yet. Next week posters will be able to post their ideas for contests. So a couple more days before that part of it gets rolling.

Check this area - this is where you'll find contest info when it's posted:
http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!

sissy8
07-03-11, 03:23 PM
please not on facebook or twitter use the frorum:rolleyes:

Rachael98
07-03-11, 03:32 PM

Actually, users shouldn't be too young. The age for the SN sites is 13. TL games are 14.
I think that it'll be good to have something new.

myweedpatch
07-04-11, 11:00 PM
Wait! You can't end the contests now. I think I got the proof you need regarding those crop circles!!!!

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/shaggysgrl/eaaae659.jpg

My  is myweedpatch

mattdiner
07-05-11, 06:20 AM
<sarcasm> What are you telling us, GM? Are you saying that I have to come on the forum more than once a week to take advantage of gem opportunities? But I don't like to actually help people and have fun. I'll I want to do for my life is win a luck contest at others expense. I don't even care about showing of my designs. </sarcasm>

Rachael98
07-05-11, 08:16 AM
<sarcasm> What are you telling us, GM? Are you saying that I have to come on the forum more than once a week to take advantage of gem opportunities? But I don't like to actually help people and have fun. I'll I want to do for my life is win a luck contest at others expense. I don't even care about showing of my designs. </sarcasm>

<returning sarcasm>No, of course not! You never come here to help anyone! Nor do I. Nor do Amy if the other Senior Members*. Why would you suggest that you do?</returning sarcasm>
<more serious>*no offense to non-Senior Members that help. Just that it's the majority of the time!</more serious>

kats17
07-05-11, 11:06 AM
Ive sent 2 new players this way just yesterday so they can have a chance to win gems to get the cool stuff they want! I loved showing off my restaraunt everyweek sad to see the weekly go but i also understand why ... No matter what ill still send new people to the forums, i for one tend to spend too much time going through the threads. Looking forward to see whats next!!

Morenn
07-05-11, 12:19 PM
As the title suggests, as of this week, we will no longer be running weekly contests.
What about new ideas for fair contests? :)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?9505-Event-Ideas-and-Suggestions-%28March-7th-March-11th%29&p=51051&viewfull=1#post51051

GroupMagma
07-05-11, 12:52 PM
Already planned, doing that later today. :)

xokay
07-05-11, 12:54 PM
I'm highly skeptical that the reason they're ending them is because they don't want irregular forum users taking advantage of it. HIGHLY skeptical.

mattdiner
07-05-11, 01:20 PM
I'm highly skeptical that the reason they're ending them is because they don't want irregular forum users taking advantage of it. HIGHLY skeptical.

It's not easy to check 80 posts to see if there is any disqualifications or double posting and then pick 2 winners: 8 times a week.
Besides, as far as I know, TeamLava is on kind of a budget where they only want to give out a certain amount of gems in one month. Without the weekly contests, they will now be able to give out higher prizes to the more interactive contests. Better yet, perhaps they might make more interactive contests in one month.

GroupMagma
07-05-11, 01:39 PM

Well, that IS part of the reason. I mentioned it in the post. Part of the reason we hold the contests is to foster a stronger community of users who play our games. People who check in once a week to get Gems and leave aren't exactly participating in the Community.

Rachael98
07-05-11, 03:53 PM
Well, that IS part of the reason. I mentioned it in the post. Part of the reason we hold the contests is to foster a stronger community of users who play our games. People who check in once a week to get Gems and leave aren't exactly participating in the Community.

Ahh, you never know...I mean...you might become a Senior Member. You only have to enter for 2 years. Lol:p. Yet the community is growing (or at least I think so as I now struggle to view every thread). That's good.

Swiminn6
07-05-11, 04:53 PM
Ahh, you never know...I mean...you might become a Senior Member. You only have to enter for 2 years. Lol:p. Yet the community is growing (or at least I think so as I now struggle to view every thread). That's good.

I agreeeeee!

bawpotter
07-05-11, 06:58 PM
I am with you 2, the comunity is growing. Slowly, but surely

(Don't call me Shirley!)

ivansbuffet
07-06-11, 12:03 AM
Darn it I was just going to enter in the one for empire story

pchaneats
07-06-11, 04:38 AM
I agree! The discussion n sharing of ideas n seeing them implemented every week is way more fun n addictive to the game playing n forum experience! :-D

Rachael98
07-06-11, 07:51 AM
Darn it I was just going to enter in the one for empire story

Sorry. Can't be helped. A bit of a shame though...new co tests should be coming at some point:D (I hope:p).

zelda800
07-06-11, 04:19 PM
I've never entered (and don't know how! :p), but I'm out of ccash + gems. I wuz looking forward to entering a contest or two! If there are more ways to get them on here, PLZ DO IT!!! My stuff is all tapped out!

Rachael98
07-07-11, 11:47 AM
I've never entered (and don't know how! :p), but I'm out of ccash + gems. I wuz looking forward to entering a contest or two! If there are more ways to get them on here, PLZ DO IT!!! My stuff is all tapped out!

Yes, there should be new contests starting soon.

yurikitten
07-08-11, 11:44 AM
I think its a great Idea :3

hectorloch
07-08-11, 11:57 AM

And I agree they are wholesome and that there should be no gem awards for the animals - that's for the birds !

bigbux3
07-08-11, 11:59 AM
question!!! how are regular users supposed to put up contests so other users can win gems and city/club cash? i dont get it please explain. when will the contests start, and how can u EASILY find them?

trenae
07-08-11, 12:06 PM
question!!! how are regular users supposed to put up contests so other users can win gems and city/club cash? i dont get it please explain. when will the contests start, and how can u EASILY find them?

Hi there -

Right now the thread is open for posters to submit contest ideas for future community events.

Weekly Contest Ideas (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14311-Weekly-Contest-Ideas)

Though they may not be user run, however if you have an idea for a type of contest you want run, drop by the linked thread above and submit some ideas. :)

As with other contests and event info, they get posted in the events and contests area of the forum. Events and Contests! (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!)

bigbux3
07-09-11, 06:20 PM
Hi there -

Right now the thread is open for posters to submit contest ideas for future community events.

Weekly Contest Ideas (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14311-Weekly-Contest-Ideas)

Though they may not be user run, however if you have an idea for a type of contest you want run, drop by the linked thread above and submit some ideas. :)

As with other contests and event info, they get posted in the events and contests area of the forum. Events and Contests! (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!)

oh, okay, so users give GroupMagma ideas to use, and this way he'll give us a contest? And through this contest, we can still win gems? Am I right with everything I said? I need gems and club/city cash BADLY!! I cant afford to buy anymore! Everytime i get money, i spend it on cards, then i spend it all in less than 2 minutes. Wow, I sound pathetic, but its true. :( I'd love to buy everything with gems and cc, but i cant. Why do the best items have to be bought with them? Cant we have a: Buy Gems (cc) with gold?

trenae
07-09-11, 06:31 PM
oh, okay, so users give GroupMagma ideas to use, and this way he'll give us a contest? And through this contest, we can still win gems? Am I right with everything I said? I need gems and club/city cash BADLY!! I cant afford to buy anymore! Everytime i get money, i spend it on cards, then i spend it all in less than 2 minutes. Wow, I sound pathetic, but its true. :( I'd love to buy everything with gems and cc, but i cant. Why do the best items have to be bought with them? Cant we have a: Buy Gems (cc) with gold?

Correct, there will be 3 winners selected from those that have posted a contest idea. :)

So for this week, players are to submit their contest ideas for a chance to win some gems. (I'm doin' it for da ponies - ok unicorn). :p

Get to submitting your contest ideas. :p

bigbux3
07-09-11, 07:04 PM
Correct, there will be 3 winners selected from those that have posted a contest idea. :)

So for this week, players are to submit their contest ideas for a chance to win some gems. (I'm doin' it for da ponies - ok unicorn). :p

Get to submitting your contest ideas. :p

So there's double chances, whoever's idea is chosen will receive gems and or cash, then players can post within the contest, and win gems/cash too?

trenae
07-09-11, 07:10 PM
So there's double chances, whoever's idea is chosen will receive gems and or cash, then players can post within the contest, and win gems/cash too?

Potentially I guess that could work out like that.

bigbux3
07-10-11, 12:05 PM
okay, i got it all, i guess. im desperate for gems and cash though

DAISIE33
07-10-11, 11:01 PM
Dang I lost I need to fix up

ThreeDawg
07-12-11, 01:36 PM
Darn... I miss seeing all the crazy bakeries that were posted for the contest. It was a fun :)

GroupMagma
07-12-11, 02:25 PM
Darn... I miss seeing all the crazy bakeries that were posted for the contest. It was a fun :)

There are still some crazy bakeries in the Discussion forums. :)

Rachael98
07-12-11, 03:30 PM
There are still some crazy bakeries in the Discussion forums. :)

Those threads are great...
I'm still thinking about sending Support that e-mail:p:D

Dylanie
07-14-11, 09:59 PM
Wow, just when I decide to enter the weekly contests for some gems, I find this thread. A bit late to the party, aren't I? Oh well. Looking forward to the new (and more interactive) contests though.

luke2015
07-19-11, 05:18 PM
To get more members to be active of the flrum

luke2015
07-19-11, 05:24 PM
To get more members on the forum you could do the simple posting contest. You just make a thread and members reply as much as they like, then randomly pick a number and that number post on that thread is the winner and that person gets like 100 gems or whatever.

Or you could do a contest like that but instead of random numbers you could do set numbers. Like say the 100th post gets 10 gems. The 500th gets 20, the 1000th gets 50 or something along those lines.

These two ideas might bring in a lot of members too...

mmtoney5
07-20-11, 09:50 AM
I love, love, love playing zoo story but it gets frustrating when you can only go so far because you need gems. I cant buy gems, and there is no way to EARN gems, so that leaves me stuck...and frustrated and at times, not wanting to play.....