PDA

View Full Version : Update is here!!

redbites
07-01-11, 11:04 AM
The update for restaurant story is here and it includes celebration trifle as well as other goods!!
Also berry pie and corn for the grill which takes 1 hour to cook!!

sissy8
07-01-11, 11:26 AM
also update for farm sugarcane 16 hours a crow 15000coins firepit 10 gem and a postoffice????????? 55 gem :)

jacklee4
07-01-11, 11:36 AM
Is there an update for bakery story this week?

talyon
Also new celebration Tiles and wall panels and art. All USA July 4th themed.

sissy8
why a postoffice??????, who writes the letters???? we don t have farmer and his wive, sorry i don't get it:confused::confused::confused::confused:

redbites
07-01-11, 11:44 AM
Is there an update for bakery story this week?
Not that I know of but it could still happen anytime today!!

talyon
07-01-11, 11:47 AM
why a postoffice??????, who writes the letters???? we don t have farmer and his wive, sorry i don't get it:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Farmer and Wife are in the many houses or Post Office, they only come out to do chores etc while game is shut down, didn't you get the Meno??? Lol.

Talyon because Sissy8 was taken.

xokay
07-01-11, 11:56 AM
Not at all impressed with the RS update. The food is fine, but not all users are American. It's Canada Day today and it's not like anyone would expect items celebrating that.

xokay
07-01-11, 12:00 PM
And 1 coin item for Bakery, July 4th yet again. Thankfully we got the drink and ice cream updates earlier in the week or I'd be seriouslyyy irritated.

sissy8
07-01-11, 12:04 PM
Talyon because Sissy8 was taken.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha under the table;););)

talyon
07-01-11, 12:06 PM
I'm Canadian to but still enjoy any and all updates, at least Theres a Canadian Flag in the games. Lol

bfitton
07-01-11, 12:09 PM
bakery is July 4th themed also, with wall decorations for coin and displays all for gems. New food Celebration cupcake, Apple pie, and Celebration Trifle.

seastripes
07-01-11, 12:19 PM
yayyy love the new update and the latest updates improvement on TL games, i don't hesitate to spend money on gems now.
the drink and ice cream machines are awesome!!! i wish they don't need as many part though :(

MiniLaura
07-01-11, 12:27 PM

The gnomes do. They aren't much into email.

xokay
07-01-11, 12:27 PM
.... CS all July 4th as well. I'd have hoped they could have made maybe 1 item non-American themed this week. Kinda leaves a lot of people out if they're not into the 4th of July... :(

redbites
07-01-11, 12:34 PM
And 1 coin item for Bakery, July 4th yet again. Thankfully we got the drink and ice cream updates earlier in the week or I'd be seriouslyyy irritated.
What was included in the bakery update?

seastripes
07-01-11, 12:37 PM
I'm not into 4th of July but still like the updates. I'm not from a big country though so I never expect to have updates on my country's celebration.
Just wanna spread positivity on this thread though :)

cakeandpie
07-01-11, 01:17 PM

I think TL is trying to make some items so that the farm can become like a country town if you want, since they added the meetinghouse too. I guess the town's population is the gnomes. :)

sissy8
07-01-11, 01:21 PM
then you need gnome houses and gnome postoffices and so on because they cant e mail;)

GroupMagma
07-01-11, 01:26 PM
then you need gnome houses and gnome postoffices and so on because they cant e mail;)

They are however on g-mail. (I'll show myself out)

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 01:27 PM
.... CS all July 4th as well. I'd have hoped they could have made maybe 1 item non-American themed this week. Kinda leaves a lot of people out if they're not into the 4th of July... :(

Us Americans are as prideful as they come, to a fault almost.

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 01:28 PM

oh boy, party's starting early

xokay
07-01-11, 03:02 PM
Us Americans are as prideful as they come, to a fault almost.

Must agree. I understand the want to celebrate, but it kind of excludes everyone else in the world when the entire update (with the exception of Farm, I think, because I'm missing updates in some games) is for 4th of July. :(

driftboutique
07-01-11, 03:09 PM
The fashion update is thankfully lacking in stars and ******s :D

Ashella
07-01-11, 03:10 PM

At least you got the drink and ice cream machines... us droid users were left out of that :(

xokay
07-01-11, 03:12 PM
The fashion update is thankfully lacking in stars and ******s :D

Amennnn! ;)

xokay
07-01-11, 03:12 PM
At least you got the drink and ice cream machines... us droid users were left out of that :(

I knowww. That sucks majorly.

Rachael98
07-01-11, 03:18 PM
Well, gnomes can enjoy their g-mail, but I won't be talking to any I'm afraid. You heard right, I'm not on g-mail!
Personally (now I'm British, and we didn't get RW additions or anything, so you can't accuse me of being biased) and I think that we should all have some degree of happiness at the 4th July. It's primarily American, yes, but does represent a lot in other places around the world. You love the updates really. Don't you now?

Rachael98...because taylon was taken;)

shineez
07-01-11, 03:21 PM
hello to all! I have a problem with the update, is it normal that my restaurant has yet to update? I do not have the new dishes you mention above! help me please !!!
Thanks

sissy8
07-01-11, 03:35 PM
all my gnomes are on g mail so magma what do you think?
you want some nice mail (about a peacock for instance) and i have a lot of gnomes so i think you say yes;)

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 03:36 PM
Must agree. I understand the want to celebrate, but it kind of excludes everyone else in the world when the entire update (with the exception of Farm, I think, because I'm missing updates in some games) is for 4th of July. :(

I get that, but when you choose to play a game developed by an American company, well..

at least there was a pretty substantial mid-week update so the week wasn't a total loss for you guys ;)

cast1532
07-01-11, 03:50 PM
I get that, but when you choose to play a game developed by an American company, well..

at least there was a pretty substantial mid-week update so the week wasn't a total loss for you guys ;)

I was going to say the same thing. It is run by Americans. Why wouldn't we want to celebrate? July 4th is an important day. We got our independence.

shineez
07-01-11, 04:02 PM
Nobody wants help me ? :'(

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 04:04 PM
Nobody wants help me ? :'(

Sorry about that. Yes it is normal not to get updates as soon as everyone else sometimes, but they should come around within a few days or so.

redbites
07-01-11, 04:18 PM
Teamlava didn't celebrate anzac day for the aussies and kiwis but they obviously celebrate inderpendance day because it is an american company. But the main thing I don't understand is why the forums are set to gmt if it's an american company?

Mogwai4111
07-01-11, 05:00 PM
I think that might just be the default, it can be changed in your settings. I keep it at GMT because I already know what time it is here and like to know what time it is for my European buddies too

driftboutique
07-01-11, 05:17 PM
Huh... they're set to EDT for me and I never set a preference. I wonder how that happened?

(EDT is the correct time zone for me... just thought I should mention that :D)

bmc9eq
07-01-11, 05:44 PM
Go to the settings tab, look under general settings and u could change it.

xokay
07-01-11, 10:18 PM
I was going to say the same thing. It is run by Americans. Why wouldn't we want to celebrate? July 4th is an important day. We got our independence.

Yes, and I just said it would be nice to have had maybe 2/3 items 4th of July themed, to at least not leave out the rest of the world. Also already said I was grateful for the mid-week update, but those were in bakery and restaurant.

sarahaddicts
07-01-11, 11:09 PM
I've not got the update from yesterday on my farm yet, anyone else it got it? My g/f has got it

nmishii
07-02-11, 09:03 PM
Yeah, when I saw the 4th of July themed items I figured there would be comments by non-Americans. I would have if I weren't. But to be politically correct they did not call them out as 4th of July or Independence Day items, they are "Celebration" items. So you can use them to celebrate whatever you want, whenever you want, whereever you are. It's kind of like my office's Christmas Party - they started calling it a Holiday Party because not eveyone celebrates Christmas, and now its a "Year-End Event." But whatever they call it, the place is still decorated with Christmas trees, Santas, etc, and no non-Christmas decorations.

But at least they didn't put the Celebration Trifle in the gift list as the lowest valued gift. I got Valentine Cupcakes for weeks after Valentine's Day, and a few weeks ago a relatively new neighbor gifted me them.

Wait until Tuesday when the Americans who did not get their RS/BS updates on Friday start getting them. They'll probably post on the forum that they got 4th of July decorations on the 5th of July.

xSnowyOwlx
07-02-11, 09:09 PM
I'm hoping that the other Story games get wallpaper and decor like in Restaurant.

xokay
07-02-11, 09:27 PM
Yeah, when I saw the 4th of July themed items I figured there would be comments by non-Americans. I would have if I weren't. But to be politically correct they did not call them out as 4th of July or Independence Day items, they are "Celebration" items. So you can use them to celebrate whatever you want, whenever you want, whereever you are. .

Doesn't really work when it's red, white and blue. I wouldn't have brought it up at all had they had non-4th of July items as well in the updates like CS and RS, but they didn't. Hopefully next week's update will be more inclusive to the diversity of players.

Mzsmitty
07-02-11, 10:17 PM
also update for farm sugarcane 16 hours a crow 15000coins firepit 10 gem and a postoffice????????? 55 gem :)

I did not get update anyone know why.my game shows that its updated but when I go to the store none of the new items are there

badger8
07-02-11, 10:26 PM
I think you're all wrong. It's an early Bastille Day update!

xokay
07-02-11, 10:26 PM
I think you're all wrong. It's an early Bastille Day update!

Hahahahahaha

driftboutique
07-03-11, 08:31 AM
:D :D :D

As for valentine cupcakes, I decline 5-10 daily. I don't have the heart to tell my neighbors not to send them but I don't want them in my restaurant, either! I am stubbornly refusing to cook and master the holiday items until the appropriate season. I make an exception for fruitcake because it doesn't look aggressively seasonal.

kinzlee
07-03-11, 11:52 AM
Post pictures

redbites
07-03-11, 12:08 PM
Post pictures
Post pictures of what?

xSnowyOwlx
07-03-11, 03:13 PM
Post pictures of what?

They probably want pictures of the new items as they haven't gotten the updates?

sissy8
07-03-11, 03:17 PM
okay thats gnomemail , gmail;)

Rachael98
07-03-11, 03:50 PM
okay thats gnomemail , gmail;)

Look, GroupMagma, how hard can it be to create one animal just to stop Sissy nagging about peacocks in any thread she posts in!?:p

Rockinkitten
07-04-11, 05:46 AM
I don't celebrate 4th of July but a cupcake is a cupcake in my eyes, so I welcome them!

And bring on that peacock! Preferably one that looks like Weird Al.

cakeandpie
07-04-11, 01:28 PM
Doesn't really work when it's red, white and blue. I wouldn't have brought it up at all had they had non-4th of July items as well in the updates like CS and RS, but they didn't. Hopefully next week's update will be more inclusive to the diversity of players.

So no one but Americans can enjoy or like recipes with strawberries and blueberries in them? I think TL struck just the right balance, making them look like they could be for 4th of July, but nothing overtly American about them (like no flags on them, not called "4th of July" items) so they could be more universal as well. I'm not Mexican, but I would hardly think it "exclusive" if TL made something red, white, and green for Cinco de Mayo. I'm not Canadian, but if they had made a "maple nut" ice cream flavor with a maple leaf decoration on it for Canada Day, I wouldn't have minded. I guess for myself personally anyway, I don't get worked up if every celebration isn't about me.

xokay
07-04-11, 02:09 PM
So no one but Americans can enjoy or like recipes with strawberries and blueberries in them? I think TL struck just the right balance, making them look like they could be for 4th of July, but nothing overtly American about them (like no flags on them, not called "4th of July" items) so they could be more universal as well. I'm not Mexican, but I would hardly think it "exclusive" if TL made something red, white, and green for Cinco de Mayo. I'm not Canadian, but if they had made a "maple nut" ice cream flavor with a maple leaf decoration on it for Canada Day, I wouldn't have minded. I guess for myself personally anyway, I don't get worked up if every celebration isn't about me.

Hmmm sorry but I was talking about the CELEBRATION items, not the food, as I strictly said in a post on the first page that The food is fine

Rachael98
07-04-11, 02:49 PM
Hmmm sorry but I was talking about the CELEBRATION items, not the food, as I strictly said in a post on the first page that The food is fine

Oh, cheer up:p! There's always another update:D! I'm fine with it...and I've just been defeated [OMIT R98: long history lecture]. I'm sure that there'll be other things for you, other times. And, if the food is fine, then go ahead and enjoy the food!

redbites
07-04-11, 03:07 PM
I'll sure enjoy it!!! Any food added to the game is great!! Btw why is the holiday box still avaliable for purchase?

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:16 PM
I'll sure enjoy it!!! Any food added to the game is great!! Btw why is the holiday box still avaliable for purchase?

Because it's a way for people to spend their gems.

kinzlee
07-04-11, 04:07 PM
I never got the update for restaraunt story. my ID is kinzlee

Rachael98
07-04-11, 04:11 PM
I never got the update for restaraunt story. my ID is kinzlee

Updates roll out slowly. You should get them later today/tomorrow (Tuesday, 5th July 2011). Ensure that you are playing classic, not Valentines Day etc. and that you have the most recent version of the app (check App Store).