PDA

View Full Version : Tips for my neighbors are gone!

Superyalda
06-30-11, 12:56 PM
:(
Lately, I don't want to say since the last update, but possibly, I'm leaving tips on my neighbors tables, leaving a message, moving on to another neighbor ... As usual.

Sometimes i go back again and see that the tips I left are gone. I've asked my neighbors if they collected them, and the answer is No. The message is there, but I have to leave the tips again, sometimes three times. The tips can be totally missing or just a number of them. It can be for neighbors or just visitors.

It's an inconsistent bug in that it doesn't happen all the time, but happens several times a day without fail.

I'm on ipad2 with the update.

Please let me know if this is a known issue and if a fix is upcoming.

Thanks,
Superyalda

Rachael98
06-30-11, 01:54 PM
How weird. Has anyone else encountered this glitch?

greygull
06-30-11, 02:07 PM
I've had similar happen on Android. On there, I wait until the star and $ disappear (because thankfully they don't pop out there), then go onto the next person. It seems to stay that way. Or on iPad I have the occasional double tipping, never know when it will happen, or who it will happen to.

xSnowyOwlx
06-30-11, 02:09 PM
How weird. Has anyone else encountered this glitch?

On some occasions if I stupidly forget which neighbor I just visited and have to scroll down (since the neighbor list will go back to the top) I end up going to the same exact neighbor I just tipped. When this happens, my tips reset so I have to do them over again. I don't know if this is what Superyalda is referring to exactly but that happens to me and I just grumble at myself for being so silly and tip again. They can't have collected the tips if the tips were reset for us but it only happens to me when I do that.

Ok, no not only. Last night at one point I was visiting neighbors and my game was out of sync. When I returned some of my neighbors that I had tipped were reset. I think that was caused by the game being out of sync with the server, though. It only happened last night.

Superyalda
06-30-11, 08:18 PM
Ok, this is what happens:
I tip someone
message them
go on to the next neighbor or visitor
tip
I get a message from one of the ppl I tipped
Go back to their resto
I retip and write on their wall doubles or whatever
They tell me they never saw the tips - or if they're not around, I'll see that my tips are just gone.
This has happened up to three times with the same resto!
Im very unhappy about this since I'm leaving a message saying I've tipped, but the tips aren't staying put so it's as if I'm lying. Or I've said that I left doubles, but it was also untrue.
I don't think it has anything to do with a reset bc sometimes it can be 1, 2, 3...tips missing, sometimes all of them
I now find myself going back twice to ppl I've already tipped just to check. This is very inconvenient and time consuming!
It looks like a bug to me.

greygull
06-30-11, 10:29 PM
Ok, for that you may want to contact support. That does sound like a bug. I've also had the same as snowy owl, but never what you're talking about. Hope it's gets fixed for you soon!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 04:48 AM
Sent an email to support, hope to get an answer. It occurred again about 30 minutes ago to several sets of tips! Will update this thread when it happens again.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Superyalda
07-01-11, 04:58 AM
Just happened again!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 05:01 AM
Still happening! Oooooof!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 05:06 AM
Just left 6 tips on a neighbors table, went back and only 4 were there! Retipped the 2!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 05:09 AM
Had to go back to that same neighbor again and leave the same 2, again!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 05:10 AM
Just tipped a visitor 3, went back and had to tip 2 again ... ! What's up with that!!?

Superyalda
07-01-11, 05:11 AM
Sorry for all the posts, but I'm hoping it will help TL figure it out. I'll keep posting when it happens.

Superyalda
07-01-11, 05:55 AM
Ok. Update! I just noticed that sometimes my tips don't generate those red stars. Or the stars suddenly disappear instead of floating up. Just left 6 tips but saw only 5 stars. Went back and voila! Only 5 tips were left!
I need confirmation on this from other players.

Superyalda
07-01-11, 10:49 AM
Again! Left 3 tips, went to tip another resto, came back and only two were there. Had to tip 1 more again!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 11:05 AM
Happened again. This time I watched the 3 red stars after I tipped. They didn't float up, but just kinda disappeared really fast. Went to tip someone else and when I came back, the tips were gone! It's definitely a big ugly bug!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 11:14 AM
This can also happen if I go back after waiting a long time. It doesnt necessarily have to be immediately, sometimes hours after!

Superyalda
07-01-11, 12:26 PM
Another discovery. If I tap the red stars after I tip, to push them up, so to say, then the tips stick! But that takes much more time for each visit. Can anyone else confirm this phenomenon?

Superyalda
07-01-11, 01:12 PM
I just cleared my cookies, history and cache, powered down, powered back up. This seems to have solved the issue! So far, so good. Will update this thread if it keeps happening.

Superyalda
07-03-11, 01:54 AM
So apparently, that trick didn't work after all.

Can another player test this for me?

After you tip, lv a message, go home, then go back. Are all yiur tips still there? It doesn't happen all the time. Try to do it quickly.

I think that if I tap the red stars before I write the message, the tips stick, but I'm still not sure.

driftboutique
07-03-11, 08:49 AM
It definitely doesn't happen to me. The only time I've experienced this is if I don't leave a message AND I revisit that neighbor without going to another neighbor in the meantime. Leaving a message, for me, prevents it from happening entirely. Sorry :(

Phthon
07-03-11, 09:27 AM
Hmmm...you must not be doing the appropriate 'tip dance' when you are done tipping.

You must tip, then jump up and flap your arms like a chicken while goose-stepping around the room. Make sure you sing 'The most annoying song' while you do this.

You will know you have done it correctly if everyone else in the room either looks at you strangely or leaves quickly.

Good luck.

driftboutique
07-03-11, 10:09 AM
Hmmm...you must not be doing the appropriate 'tip dance' when you are done tipping.

You must tip, then jump up and flap your arms like a chicken while goose-stepping around the room. Make sure you sing 'The most annoying song' while you do this.

You will know you have done it correctly if everyone else in the room either looks at you strangely or leaves quickly.

Good luck.

Pleas note that the tip dance is NOT compatible with Android. In the meantime please sacrifice a goat.

greygull
07-03-11, 10:21 AM
Pleas note that the tip dance is NOT compatible with Android. In the meantime please sacrifice a goat.

For every tip or every person tipped or all? Lol

Phthon
07-03-11, 10:30 AM
For every tip or every person tipped or all? Lol

every tip. Over**** is more effective and entertaining.

Superyalda
07-05-11, 01:14 AM
I've tried the dance, doesn't work. I've tried resets, clearing cookies/cache/history, tipping slowly, messaging, not messaging, tapping the red stars, you name it.

I also noticed that the red stars have something to do with it. Sometimes, the tip doesn't generate a red star. The tip counter shows zero, I can see 6 or 3 tips. Sometimes when this happens, some of the red stars aren't there.

I'll try to video the bug and send it to support. It's making me nuts and taking the fun out of the game. I'm sure I can't be the only one who doesn't know how to dance.

driftboutique
07-05-11, 05:02 AM
One thought -- have you run the latest system update for your iPad? I had to run it before the last updates worked properly for me. I would check that, then check the app store again for the updates, and see if your problem is fixed. If not, I'm afraid you will have to wait for an answer from support. Sorry :(

Superyalda
07-05-11, 08:09 AM
I'm on ipad2 with 4.3 so that end's ok.

I sent support an email but still no response.

I'm kinda hoping that someone else can confirm that their tips (the ones they've left, not received) disappear upon leaving and returning to someone's restaurant.

Fairy godmother! Where are you?

driftboutique
07-05-11, 10:36 AM
I'm on ipad2 with 4.3 so that end's ok.

I sent support an email but still no response.

I'm kinda hoping that someone else can confirm that their tips (the ones they've left, not received) disappear upon leaving and returning to someone's restaurant.

Fairy godmother! Where are you?

I appear to be running 4.3.3 so it sounds like you do need to update.

Superyalda
07-05-11, 12:51 PM
I appear to be running 4.3.3 so it sounds like you do need to update.

OK, will give it a try tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

gobblies
07-05-11, 07:21 PM
just to let you know, this is a slight server problem i presume. when you visit someones restairant, tip, leave and revisit in that same minute or two, those tips dont register. avoid revisiting quickly!! :p

Superyalda
07-06-11, 03:11 AM
just to let you know, this is a slight server problem i presume. when you visit someones restairant, tip, leave and revisit in that same minute or two, those tips dont register. avoid revisiting quickly!! :p

The tips are missing even if I go back hours later. I'm trying to catch it on video and send to support. I'll post a link here too.

Superyalda
07-06-11, 06:27 AM
YES!
for lack of a better way, i filmed it with my mobile phone.
Not the best quality, but this is a good example of how the red stars just disappear but the tips and tip counter shows that the tips are there until I go back to the restaurant again.
Note that although i go back immediately for the clip, to save time, it doesn't matter how long i wait before i go back and still the tips are missing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2oQD8kv0Gs
Can anyone else reproduce this? I'd appreciate it if someone would give it a try. Sometimes it happens repeatedly, sometimes just once. Sometimes all the tips and sometimes just random, like the first one or last three are missing.
It only happens when the red stars disappear, as you can see in the video.

Superyalda
07-06-11, 04:27 PM
And I updated my OS to 4.3.3

Didn't change anything. Still happening.

Phthon
07-07-11, 07:21 AM
That's weird, cause I tested it and I don't have the problem happening! I've even revisited while I was still in the neighbors shop.

I don't know, I suggest you send this information in to support@teamlava.com with your storm8 ID, device type, iOS and even the link to your video.

Good luck!

Superyalda
07-07-11, 03:39 PM
I think figured it out.

I try to get through my tipping back quickly. So I quickly:

Tip
Message their wall
Go back to my wall
Tap the X of the entry I just visited
And then before the messages can reload, I tap the next message
Tip
Message their wall
Etc

I think the bug happens when MY wall refreshes in the background because I hit the X and move to the next neighbor.

I have been doing the same, but FIRST messaging their wall and then tipping. So far it seems to be working.

Did I explain that ok?

If you have a minute, can someone give that a try?

Rachael98
07-07-11, 03:52 PM
I think figured it out.

I try to get through my tipping back quickly. So I quickly:

Tip
Message their wall
Go back to my wall
Tap the X of the entry I just visited
And then before the messages can reload, I tap the next message
Tip
Message their wall
Etc

I think the bug happens when MY wall refreshes in the background because I hit the X and move to the next neighbor.

I have been doing the same, but FIRST messaging their wall and then tipping. So far it seems to be working.

Did I explain that ok?

If you have a minute, can someone give that a try?

I'm afraid I can't try, but good luck.

YES!
for lack of a better way, i filmed it with my mobile phone.
Not the best quality, but this is a good example of how the red stars just disappear but the tips and tip counter shows that the tips are there until I go back to the restaurant again.
Note that although i go back immediately for the clip, to save time, it doesn't matter how long i wait before i go back and still the tips are missing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2oQD8kv0Gs
Can anyone else reproduce this? I'd appreciate it if someone would give it a try. Sometimes it happens repeatedly, sometimes just once. Sometimes all the tips and sometimes just random, like the first one or last three are missing.
It only happens when the red stars disappear, as you can see in the video.

Thanks. Useful vid. You might want to link Support to it.
Out of interest, did I see a piano in the background?
And can you do the tip dance and upas that too:p?
Finally, I like your lightning video. Amazing footage.

Superyalda
07-08-11, 04:53 AM
I'm afraid I can't try, but good luck.

Thanks. Useful vid. You might want to link Support to it.
Out of interest, did I see a piano in the background?
And can you do the tip dance and upas that too:p?
Finally, I like your lightning video. Amazing footage.

Ok, so yeah. It definitely has to do with deleting a wall post and then immediately moving to a new resto and leaving tips too quickly. Must be all those years of piano :) fingers just move too fast!
The lightning storm that night was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Every 30 seconds the sky lit up, cracking with brilliant streaks! Since our balcony overlooks the Mediterranean, we had hours of entertainment watching the storm get closer and closer. I was so happy that I caught one on video!
I did send the link to support. They replied that they're going to check it.
Until then, I'm leaving a message first and then tipping. This gives the wall time to refresh before I leave the tips.
Thanks to you and the other comedians here for all your help!

Phthon
07-08-11, 08:04 AM
;)Hey! Who you callin' a comedian? :p

Superyalda
07-12-11, 07:28 AM
and here's another video showing the disappearing tips. I thought i had it solved, but apparently not!

This is making me crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVw0ZTR65qs

Superyalda
07-13-11, 11:50 AM
Can anyone else reproduce this bug? Watch the videos to see if it happens to you. This is serious.

Phthon
07-13-11, 12:48 PM
What version of Restaurant Story are you using? I have the latest version and I don't have the stars that drop...they automatically go up...

It looks like you are on an iPad? I am too...I can't get this bug to reproduce.

pinkysweet
07-13-11, 05:09 PM
could be a case of 2 people tipping the same time at the same spot, both got rejected ?

Superyalda
07-14-11, 01:29 AM
What version of Restaurant Story are you using? I have the latest version and I don't have the stars that drop...they automatically go up...

It looks like you are on an iPad? I am too...I can't get this bug to reproduce.

Latest RS version and OS 4.4.3 on my ipad2! Crazy, right? It's taking alot of the fun out of the game since I have to go back to check all the time.

Phthon
07-14-11, 09:11 AM
try going to the next neighbor and then come back?

Superyalda
07-14-11, 10:09 AM
Same deal. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, or maybe I'm just too frustrated to bother going back to check.

There are times when I tip and hours later I go back to respond to a msg or something, and the tips are missing!

Superyalda
07-14-11, 10:10 AM
Maybe today's fix will fix it! :)

Phthon
07-14-11, 11:44 AM
maybe! Let us know!

Superyalda
07-19-11, 01:05 PM
Still happens, but I've discovered that for the most part, if I message first and then tip, it's OK. For the most part.

Try this: Go to your wall, delete a wall post and then before the wall refreshes, quickly tap VISIT on the next post. Tip and repeat. Do that a couple of times.

Now go back to the restaurants you just tipped and check to see if all the tips are there.

It seems that if you tip while your wall is refreshing (in the background), that's when the tips disappear.