PDA

View Full Version : How can we restore our games without a Storm8 password?

bytErrant
09-13-10, 04:24 PM
I am concerned that if for some reason I need to delete and reinstall City Story that I will be unable to restore my game because there seems to be no way to create a password for it (there is no way to set it in the Settings panel--unlike other Storm8 games).

I have spent money for game cash accessories, and would hate to lose them, so I worry about this very common scenario: we've all experienced occasions in which restarting our phones/iPads do not fix problems caused by buggy updates, OS upgrades, or other game corruptions. If I am forced to reinstall the game, how does the game know who I am without a password? I could claim anyone's user id.

So please put my fears to rest, and tell me that there is a way to get the necessary password, or what the process would be to reinstall my current game should the worst come to pass. I've put lots of time and some money in CS, and there must be a contingency plan for such an occurrence.

Um, right??

I have seen explanations, but they all point back to creating a Storm8 password--which is not an option within the game of City Story.

Unregistered
09-14-10, 06:34 AM
Okay, I have FS/CS on an iphone. I've deleted the game before and re-downloaded it. All my "stuff" was there.

Presumably, as long as you know your Storm8 ID and password, it is associated with you're account. Just because you delete the mechanics off your device, the game still accesses the internet to play the games(s) and hence associate with your Storm8 ID.

Does that make sense?

bytErrant
09-15-10, 05:32 AM
Ok, all is resolved. Just posting for those that had the same confusion that I had.

In everyone's instructions, they stress the need for a Storm8 ID AND password. While there is a way to create a Storm8 ID in City Story, there is NO WAY to create a Storm8 password. Hence my concern for my game data's safety.

Found out that what you need to do is 1) download another Storm8 game (not City Story or Farm Story), play until you are at level *TWO* (very important!!), and only then will you be allowed under the home, then settings button to create a Storm8 password. I used Pets Live, since it was free. The good news is that it already picked up on my ID, and then gave me a blank form to fill in a password and my email address (the latter was optional).

Anyway, I hope that helps anyone else like me that was confused about the instructions. Most likely people that have played other Storm8 games don't even think about this since they'd created their identities and passwords so long ago. :-)

Unregistered
09-18-10, 10:34 AM
Just don't get a new iphone. I've gotten a new iphone and City Story DOES NOT TRANSFER!!! WHAT THE F? I can transfer Farm Story, and all my other Storm8 games, but not City Story....what a rip off.

DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY ON THIS GAME!!!!

Okay, I have FS/CS on an iphone. I've deleted the game before and re-downloaded it. All my "stuff" was there.

Presumably, as long as you know your Storm8 ID and password, it is associated with you're account. Just because you delete the mechanics off your device, the game still accesses the internet to play the games(s) and hence associate with your Storm8 ID.

Does that make sense?