PDA

View Full Version : Ice cream machine

davis714
06-28-11, 09:44 PM
So I was really excited to hear about an ice cream machine, but now I find out its another constructable appliance that doesn't work for android phones...of course. I mean how come it doesn't work for Android? Is it ever going to? It's kind of unfair that all iPhone users get to enjoy these features but Android doesn't. I think they should atleast let us be able to buy the ice cream machine, is that to much ask?
It'd be nice to find out, I know I'm not the only one tired of being in the dark.

swiep07
06-29-11, 02:28 AM
Same here! :'(

bigdaddy7484
06-29-11, 05:02 AM
I agree completely. Android platform users are as loyal as iusers. It really detracts from the fun of the games to not have a way to get the easy over or ice cream machine (BS) or new drink machine (RS) at all. Being offered to Android users for coin is very fair in my opinion.

Seeing all these craftable items over the various games that Android users cannot access or have to pay gems for (such as the silo/tool shed and in FS or police station/fire station in CS) gets irritating. We either can't get the items at all or have to shell out hard earned/bought gems for something the iusers can get for around 10k coins plus parts.

yurikitten
06-29-11, 09:47 AM
yup agreed samething with taking pictures :(

yurikitten
06-29-11, 09:49 AM
also I find it annoying that I have been getting notifications for material requests and I can't help :(

guiltfree
06-29-11, 01:40 PM
With the easy appliance they were just upgrades of current appliances and even though that might make some customers frustrated we all have access to the same recipes, however I do have an issue with a new appliance (ice cream machine and drink machine) being offered to one format and not all formats. Not only does that leave an entire market out of something new and exciting it also causes empty spots when we visit the other players. I can see the upgraded appliances only available to supported systems but to launch a brand new (not upgraded) product that is not available to all your customers is a bit short sighted. I love B/S and R/S and will not quit because of it however in the future I hope that team lava will keep that in mind when launching a new product they should make available to all players. I have a droid and used to have the Iphone and my preference is the droid so i will live without the constructable appliances but I really do not like not getting something that will allow me new recipes and the chance to earn more gems. On a positive note I love all the updates and the candy jar stuff is awesome keep up the good work in that area!!!!!

CafeNatasha
06-29-11, 04:01 PM
With the easy appliance they were just upgrades of current appliances and even though that might make some customers frustrated we all have access to the same recipes, however I do have an issue with a new appliance (ice cream machine and drink machine) being offered to one format and not all formats. Not only does that leave an entire market out of something new and exciting it also causes empty spots when we visit the other players. I can see the upgraded appliances only available to supported systems but to launch a brand new (not upgraded) product that is not available to all your customers is a bit short sighted. I love B/S and R/S and will not quit because of it however in the future I hope that team lava will keep that in mind when launching a new product they should make available to all players. I have a droid and used to have the Iphone and my preference is the droid so i will live without the constructable appliances but I really do not like not getting something that will allow me new recipes and the chance to earn more gems. On a positive note I love all the updates and the candy jar stuff is awesome keep up the good work in that area!!!!!

I completely agree with you!

Rachael98
06-29-11, 04:08 PM
Hopefully, they might release on Android at a later date. But it's a different code.

CafeNatasha
06-29-11, 06:38 PM
Hopefully, they might release on Android at a later date. But it's a different code.

Yes Hopefully, I just think its kind of a Tease :(

jrax3
06-29-11, 10:34 PM
Android can take pictures if your phone is rooted. Otherwise you can still do it with an unrooted phone by using an app on your phone & computer. Not being able to take pictures isn't a game issue, it has to do with the phone & depending on what phone you have, you might be able to. You will need to download an app for it, though.

jrax3
06-29-11, 10:35 PM
yup agreed samething with taking pictures :(

Android can take pictures if your phone is rooted. Otherwise you can still do it with an unrooted phone by using an app on your phone & computer. Not being able to take pictures isn't a game issue, it has to do with the phone & depending on what phone you have, you might be able to. You will need to download an app for it, though.

Sorry for the double post. I meant to quote it. :(

Jennifrmtheblock
07-01-11, 01:57 PM

I totally agree. It makes me feel like a bad neighbor when half of my friends are asking for parts and I'm unable to help. I luv my HTC EVO and I wouldn't ever trade it for an Iphone. I hope team lava catches up to speed with just how many Android users there actually are.

nibbles37
07-01-11, 02:11 PM
Is the Ice cream machine good?

CafeNatasha
07-01-11, 04:37 PM

Exactly couldn't have said it better :)

tartaros
07-02-11, 02:13 AM

There are other android games which have a feature to let you capture the current screen, and give you a choice of saving it to your SD card or posting it online (facebook is the most popular option presented, but I believe there are others).

Download and playing these games, taking a screenshot as a part of the game, and saving or posting the picture do not require a rooted phone, an additional app or the use of the computer.

Therefore, this is a GAME issue, NOT a PLATFORM issue. It's not that it can't be programmed in, it's that they simply haven't bothered to. However, if you don't want to wait to see if TL ever gets around to programming this in for android users, then you can try various workarounds. Then this becomes a platform issue (how do I accomplish X on Y device) as well as a game issue because it not only has to work on the phone's OS, but with the game, while the game is running. So you may find a workaround and all's well, and then an update to the game could suddenly stop your workaround from working.

GoAheadBakeMyDay44
07-07-11, 12:48 AM
I totally agree. It makes me feel like a bad neighbor when half of my friends are asking for parts and I'm unable to help. I luv my HTC EVO and I wouldn't ever trade it for an Iphone. I hope team lava catches up to speed with just how many Android users there actually are.

So first I was lost when I could not find the new exciting appliances, then I felt like an idiot asking my neighbors where these parts were and how to access them. You know their are pretty much the same number of Adroids out there if not more than Iphones. C'mon team catch up, don't leave us in the dark, gaming is our getaways but to dangle parts of the game out of reach is lame.:mad::mad:

gobblies
07-07-11, 12:52 AM
So first I was lost when I could not find the new exciting appliances, then I felt like an idiot asking my neighbors where these parts were and how to access them. You know their are pretty much the same number of Adroids out there if not more than Iphones. C'mon team catch up, don't leave us in the dark, gaming is our getaways but to dangle parts of the game out of reach is lame.:mad::mad:

C'mon now, teamlava do their best. be patient!!! i know its annoying, but go to android teamlava bugs and feedback. have a look!

terridtmd
07-19-11, 12:51 PM
I simply won't spend the money to buy gems if I can't use them for everything an iDevice user would be able to use them for.

filo66
07-19-11, 01:36 PM
I simply won't spend the money to buy gems if I can't use them for everything an iDevice user would be able to use them for.

Exactly. They aren't being fair to all of their users and they aren't getting any more gem buys from me.

Rachael98
07-19-11, 02:52 PM
Exactly. They aren't being fair to all of their users and they aren't getting any more gem buys from me.

They are working on it. You can't (or shouldn't) be able to ask more than their best; I have every confidence that they strive to deliver the best.

filo66
07-19-11, 02:57 PM
They are working on it. You can't (or shouldn't) be able to ask more than their best

I'm not asking them to do more than their best. I'm asking them to be fair to all of their users. They have not done that.

Rachael98
07-19-11, 02:59 PM
I'm not asking them to do more than their best. I'm asking them to be fair to all of their users. They have not done that.

I thought you might say that. But I'm not going to get into an argument again over this. If that's how you see it, fine; my personal apologies...

filo66
07-19-11, 03:06 PM
But I'm not going to get into an argument again over this.

We haven't been in an argument before... Disagreeing is not necessarily arguing.

And yes, that's how I see it, but I do appreciate your optimism and positive outlook. ;)

Rachael98
07-19-11, 03:34 PM
We haven't been in an argument before... Disagreeing is not necessarily arguing.

And yes, that's how I see it, but I do appreciate your optimism and positive outlook. ;)

We...we haven't? Oh, sorry, I thought it was you.
Obviously I might be inclined to be slightly more positive as I'm iDevice although I don't get the new features there anyway; I play FmS and NcS at the moment:p! In any case, I do try to be optimistic. Someone has to be:D! And I prefer being positive to, for want of a better word because it's not necessarily true, *"negative"*.

cora89
07-20-11, 06:02 PM
My only issue is that they (teamlava) say on their descriptions of these games that you can trade "secret recipes with your neighbors." All lies if you're on an android device. I don't care if it may come in the future. Don't falsely advertise!

lordmaul
07-21-11, 09:09 AM
i've got all but a couple of the 1 day recipes mastered in bouth BS & RS, it sure would be nice to have access to the icecream/drink machines, just for something new. so i don't get totally bored and just quit altogether.

kooky panda
07-21-11, 09:11 AM
My only issue is that they (teamlava) say on their descriptions of these games that you can trade "secret recipes with your neighbors." All lies if you're on an android device. I don't care if it may come in the future. Don't falsely advertise!

Iphone users do not have this "trade secret recipes " either.

putka
07-29-11, 11:56 AM
We...we haven't? Oh, sorry, I thought it was you.
Obviously I might be inclined to be slightly more positive as I'm iDevice although I don't get the new features there anyway; I play FmS and NcS at the moment:p! In any case, I do try to be optimistic. Someone has to be:D! And I prefer being positive to, for want of a better word because it's not necessarily true, *"negative"*.

It's easy to be positive when you are an iOS user and already get all the features. I see you trolling all threads, *****ing about people who want to have access to all features. If you were in the position to be missing parts of the game, maybe you would understand. But you are not and you don't. We get it - you are happy you get the full game and you are unhappy that other people are not satisfied with having half of the game. No need to keep telling us that. Android user's money are just as good as your money, it's not fair to get less when we pay the same price. Don't tell me they can't do it because of coding. There's nothing in Android's coding that prevents them from implementing those features. And if they need longer to do it, then they should wait until they can offer the same game to everyone before they release a feature. Doing it halfway is unprofessional and simply unfair.

cakesJordanEz
07-29-11, 12:10 PM
Iphone users do not have this "trade secret recipes " either.

Yes we do, it's the gifting food thing! I'm pretty sure they consider it "trading secret recipes" not really.
Still can't change color of signature! Frustrating.

FIREFLY62
07-30-11, 06:20 AM
So does the materials that I received today from a neighbor have something to do with these machines? For the first time today, I have received gears, screws, and other items that I have no use for that I am aware of. Hmm.

Phthon
07-30-11, 08:29 AM
So does the materials that I received today from a neighbor have something to do with these machines? For the first time today, I have received gears, screws, and other items that I have no use for that I am aware of. Hmm.

Yes, you will use those parts to build the ice cream machine. Once you buy it and place it you will see a box of what looks like parts. Tap the lower right corner of the box and tap again 'to manage' you will then see what parts you need, how many and the option to request from your neighbors or buy using gems.

Once all the parts show as 'completed' you will then have the option to 'build'. do so and voila! you have an ice cream machine.

hxckittyninjaxd
07-31-11, 01:16 AM
We now have the icecream machine !!!!!! Yay for android .