PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Blondes??

kirael
06-28-11, 12:42 PM
Why do the developers of this game think that we want pink bunny sofas princess wedding dresses and whatever that lolita thing is? I even got blonde hair with a bow in it. Do you think we are all dumb blondes that want to get married in a stupid carriage. I spent over 200 gems just trying to get that nice blue dress. I ended up with one white sofa, one lolita whatever it is, one pink bunny sofa I am embarrassed to use, one blonde wig with a bow in it, one white blouse with a hole in the middle and lace down one side (okay not the worst if I had anything to wear with it or any more gems left to buy anything with), one pink change room, a collar that I can wear around my neck with a pink flower. Does anyone actually dress like this or do you think we fantasize about dressing like this?? If you were trying to do Gaga with the bow in her hair you missed entirely. Why don't you all actually make this a FASHION STORY. Oh I forgot the white bubble purse, sigh. If I bought 19 million gems perhaps I could throw together something fashionable. Is that the game??

sissy8
06-28-11, 01:32 PM
i am red haired but playing like a blond;)

xSnowyOwlx
06-28-11, 03:27 PM
I love the wedding dress mannequin, the kiddy stuff is not for me which is why I wouldn't want to try that one out unless I had hundreds of gems.

Also, I have a very fashionable avatar in my opinion. I love the Golden Star outfit although I won't be getting the gold clutch because it contrasts way too much in my opinion and I added the gold hoop earrings from Studded Beauty.

Rachael98
06-28-11, 03:35 PM
TeamLava work hard to get these update to you. They also provide you with a free (don't say it's not, because it is) form of gameplay which is top of the Market and the highest quality availible. If you don't like all of the updates, then surely that's understandable? They have thousands if people to cater for. Not everybody will like everything. If you don't like the games, that's your choice. I'm sorry if you're upset about it, but there's really nothing that can be done.
But just bear in mind the work that goes into these games from the small Team of [Lava] people that keep getting bashed but getting nowhere near as much praise.

driftboutique
06-28-11, 03:44 PM
While I've already voiced my displeasure with the contents of the new box (as well as my joy at the new City Story box!) this comment rubs me the wrong way. The misogyny here is coming from you, not TeamLava. The theme of the box is Lolita, which is the name of a Japanese fashion subculture that has gained quite a foothold elsewhere in the world.

While I would prefer to see more contemporary and chic items, it doesn't make the people who do like the contents if this box "dumb blondes." it just makes them people with different taste.

The first box had several Gaga-themed elements in addition to the bow hair and the bubble clutch. I don't see how they missed the mark with those at all. The bow hair is straight out of the "Poker Face" video.

There's nothing wrong with being critical, but you might want to aim your barbs a bit better.

Rachael98
06-28-11, 03:52 PM
I think, Drift, that you said what I pretty much meant to (bar a few differences), but pulled it off a lot better.

driftboutique
06-28-11, 03:59 PM
I think, Drift, that you said what I pretty much meant to (bar a few differences), but pulled it off a lot better.

Thank you, my dear :)

ichigoheaven
06-30-11, 10:09 PM
I think the blue dress is in the magic box not the surprise box.

kirael
07-02-11, 05:26 AM
While I've already voiced my displeasure with the contents of the new box (as well as my joy at the new City Story box!) this comment rubs me the wrong way. The misogyny here is coming from you, not TeamLava. The theme of the box is Lolita, which is the name of a Japanese fashion subculture that has gained quite a foothold elsewhere in the world.

While I would prefer to see more contemporary and chic items, it doesn't make the people who do like the contents if this box "dumb blondes." it just makes them people with different taste.

The first box had several Gaga-themed elements in addition to the bow hair and the bubble clutch. I don't see how they missed the mark with those at all. The bow hair is straight out of the "Poker Face" video.

There's nothing wrong with being critical, but you might want to aim your barbs a bit better.

The definition of misogyny is a dislike or mistrust of women. I think the word you were looking for was misandry; the distrust of men. The term dumb blonde has become a cultural term, stepping outside of gender specifics and can be clearly recognized in any media context. What that term brings up is a grown woman, in many ways, acting like a child. In reference to the Lolita style, it was chosen specifically because it was childlike. Lolita had a number of variations, anyone can look it up in wikipedia, however they specifically used the Sweet Lolita style that "focus(es) on the child and fantasy aspects of Lolita...using childlike motifs in its design." I am happy to discuss feminist, cultural or marketing theory but in the meantime I have a great book on humor for you, it's called I Used to be Snow White But I Drifted. Enjoy.

driftboutique
07-02-11, 08:01 AM
The definition of misogyny is a dislike or mistrust of women. I think the word you were looking for was misandry; the distrust of men. The term dumb blonde has become a cultural term, stepping outside of gender specifics and can be clearly recognized in any media context. What that term brings up is a grown woman, in many ways, acting like a child. In reference to the Lolita style, it was chosen specifically because it was childlike. Lolita had a number of variations, anyone can look it up in wikipedia, however they specifically used the Sweet Lolita style that "focus(es) on the child and fantasy aspects of Lolita...using childlike motifs in its design." I am happy to discuss feminist, cultural or marketing theory but in the meantime I have a great book on humor for you, it's called I Used to be Snow White But I Drifted. Enjoy.

No, I meant misogyny. Trying desperately to sound academic isn't going to change the fact that calling women "dumb blondes" is misogynist.

Rachael98
07-02-11, 08:45 AM
No, I meant misogyny. Trying desperately to sound academic isn't going to change the fact that calling women "dumb blondes" is misogynist.

Drift, I think that now might be a good time to drop it:D?

driftboutique
07-02-11, 09:26 AM
Drift, I think that now might be a good time to drop it:D?

Sorry, I suppose that was a bit inflammatory. It's a topic of great importance to me. As someone who grew up being teased for being a "dumb blonde" in spite of much proof to the contrary, I can tell you from personal experience that it is hardly "a cultural term, stepping outside of gender specifics."

kirael
07-02-11, 09:57 AM

Sweetheart, with a Ph.D. I don't have to try.

driftboutique
07-02-11, 10:19 AM

Frankly, i take issue with a lot of what you've said, but I don't think it's worth getting into. That said, why do you insist on being so condescending just because I have a different opinion from yours?

casadolce
07-02-11, 11:04 AM

lol... Thanks for the laugh.

amanda2591
08-11-11, 07:09 AM
In my opinion a dumb blonde is only a term used by dumb people. Im blonde and blonde hair isnt dumb. Its the person underneath that blonde hair who is dumb so i think people who use that as an insult r either weak or too stupid to come up with a more sensible term..

amanda2591
08-11-11, 07:11 AM
And alot of these majic box items are in fact very stupid, lol i have never been to a clothing store walked in and said "hey u people got a bubble purse?" lol stupid items indeed lol and i only buy gems once a week and less now its a waste of hard earned oney to play this game if u want it u cant afford it if can afford it u cant get it lol is ridiculous

xoam0re
08-11-11, 08:56 AM
if this was facebook and had a like button, I would like your post a million times, drift!

kooky panda
08-11-11, 11:07 AM
This is an old discussion. I have closed this thread.