PDA

View Full Version : I am one pee'd customer

justhaydee
06-26-11, 02:41 PM
I have been carefully slowly painstakingly stocking my store with thousands of merchandize (it took me three days) only to open the store and in less then 15 minutes everything was gone and no money for it. What the heck is going on? Please tell me! It's not right.

xSnowyOwlx
06-26-11, 02:57 PM
No money at all? That doesn't seem right at all. I sometimes do have it occur where I'll stock up and it will all sell but never where it just disappears all together.

Have you emailed support at all?

justhaydee
06-29-11, 01:31 PM
Nope, no money this happened one time before when I was playing restaurant but at least then I got some money. This time I opened with 16,000 in the bank and when I came back the 16,000 was there but no merchandise. And to answer your customer support I think I will do that just to prevent that from happening again to someone else. Thank you Snowyowlx.

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 01:41 PM
And to answer your customer support I think I will do that just to prevent that from happening again to someone else.

Simply advise your friends/neighbors not to block their doors, that will prevent it from happening to them.

ziggystl
06-29-11, 01:49 PM
I just opened my store after 3 days of stocking up and everything was gone after I returned 5 minutes later. I did get some coins though. I hope TL gets the glitch fixed soon. I've already bought gems for the game. Won't buy anymore until it's working correctly.

ziggystl
06-29-11, 01:50 PM
I block my doors in bs and rs. Never had this problem.

xSnowyOwlx
06-29-11, 01:54 PM
Simply advise your friends/neighbors not to block their doors, that will prevent it from happening to them.

Some people don't have this issue at all. I've never had it where it all disappears and no coins in return. I've had it once happen in Restaurant where it sold in 1 hour. I was actually able to expand much sooner because of that. It took 2 weeks to do the same thing in Bakery.

xSnowyOwlx
06-29-11, 02:29 PM
And please try not to say stuff like this. There's no way you could know this. All you know is that it does happen to you, and a lot of other people on these forums.

Please don't say anything about my posts again and I will not do so for you, either.

Rachael98
06-29-11, 02:29 PM
And please try not to say stuff like this. There's no way you could know this. All you know is that it does happen to you, and a lot of other people on these forums.

I don't have this issue. However, it does seem to be common.
Can I also just say that the only way to resolve issues like this (not the bugs, just the lost coins) is to contact Support (support@teamlava.com). They will help you as best they can.

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 02:30 PM
Please don't say anything about my posts again and I will not do so for you, either.

I sent you a PM, please respond.

And please feel free to respond to any forum message I post that you disagree with. I know enough to know that sometimes I am wrong, and I'd honestly appreciate you, or anybody, pointing out when I am wrong, no matter what.

Rachael98
06-29-11, 02:31 PM

Calm down.
Mog is right that you shouldn't make the assumption if you don't have proof. In this case, you were correct. However, I think that he was referring to the general principle of such posts.

xSnowyOwlx
06-29-11, 02:32 PM
@ Mogwai4111, have you read some of GM's comments regarding why Android users don't have this? I'm sorry if I myself don't have hours upon hours of time to go sifting through and looking for them but at one point I recall them saying there is a compatibility issue at the moment.
Oh, and by the way... when I said some, I mean some. I have read others say they don't have this issue and I myself don't have this issue. That sums it up as "some". I don't say a lot of people don't have this issue because I know some people do have this issue and some don't. I'm sorry if you enjoy using quotes of others but don't use mine again.

sissy8
06-29-11, 02:36 PM
don t block the door but the cashier, it can help

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 02:37 PM
@ Mogwai4111, have you read some of GM's comments regarding why Android users don't have this? I'm sorry if I myself don't have hours upon hours of time to go sifting through and looking for them but at one point I recall them saying there is a compatibility issue at the moment.
Oh, and by the way... when I said some, I mean some. I have read others say they don't have this issue and I myself don't have this issue. That sums it up as "some". I don't say a lot of people don't have this issue because I know some people do have this issue and some don't. I'm sorry if you enjoy using quotes of others but don't use mine again.

Please PM me

driftboutique
06-29-11, 02:42 PM
I'm sorry if you enjoy using quotes of others but don't use mine again.

Uh, I'm pretty sure the quote feature exists so people can quote each other. It's a forum. People are going to reply, and you're not always going to like what they say.

Rachael98
06-29-11, 02:44 PM
Uh, I'm pretty sure the quote feature exists so people can quote each other. It's a forum. People are going to reply, and you're not always going to like what they say.

...at which point (not directed at you Drift, but at all users), you comment, CALMLY and don't make attacks, don't be aggressive and admit mistakes if you make them. Which I struggled with when I first joined if I'm honest. If someone wants to see where it got me, they just need to look at my first few posts.

trenae
06-29-11, 02:50 PM
Come on guys - lets get this derailed thread back on track.

@justhaydee - did you try re-installing the app to see if that helped any? If the problem persists make sure to email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) for assistance. Make sure to include your Storm8 ID, the device and operating system you are using, the app and app version you are emailing about, a description of the issue, and when you noticed it happened.

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 02:58 PM

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know. I wasn't trying to be malicious, I genuinely was interested, and now I know, and now I am satisfied. I'm sorry to everyone and especially xSnowyOwlx that this escalated into what it became.

Thanks Tren- back on topic.

Rachael98
06-29-11, 03:19 PM
Thank you, that's all I wanted to know. I wasn't trying to be malicious, I genuinely was interested, and now I know, and now I am satisfied. I'm sorry to everyone and especially xSnowyOwlx that this escalated into what it became.

Thanks Tren- back on topic.

Well, not really back on topic yet. What is the topic *scrolls to top of page*?
Ah, right. What else is there to say? Just wait for Support.

kobeboy1
07-01-11, 10:22 AM
I've had a similar problem for three days now, using an Ipad II. It appears to be a synch issue.

This morning I opened up the game and a splash screen appeared over the store that said "while you were away you earned $8000." In the background you could see that the current total was around $1200. Normally when that splash screen drops, the earning are added and the total updates.

Instead, a second splash screen appeared and said "you're out of synch with the system." Which is a standard splash screen on all Team Lava games, I believe. But on this one, it doesn't add the total earned to the current total. So you just lose all the money.

It's happened four times now. I've emailed support, and I get no response. I see that if you go around to other sites and complain about their games they actually do respond to you, so maybe I'll be forced to do that in order to get some help.

trenae
07-01-11, 10:28 AM
I've had a similar problem for three days now, using an Ipad II. It appears to be a synch issue.

This morning I opened up the game and a splash screen appeared over the store that said "while you were away you earned $8000." In the background you could see that the current total was around $1200. Normally when that splash screen drops, the earning are added and the total updates.

Instead, a second splash screen appeared and said "you're out of synch with the system." Which is a standard splash screen on all Team Lava games, I believe. But on this one, it doesn't add the total earned to the current total. So you just lose all the money.

It's happened four times now. I've emailed support, and I get no response. I see that if you go around to other sites and complain about their games they actually do respond to you, so maybe I'll be forced to do that in order to get some help.

When you exit and re-enter the app, do you see the coins added? Also make sure you are using the most current version of the app.

Response times from Support can vary depending on how many emails they have to process, also make sure to check your spam filter to make sure an email from Support didn't end up there. Unfortunately at times the response times can be a bit longer. Did you receive an auto response email form Support notifying you they received your email?

kobeboy1
07-01-11, 01:27 PM
If by "exit and re-enter the app" you mean shut off my wi-fi, then try to open the game, and then when it doesn't open turn on the wi-fi again, and THEN open the game, it doesn't eat the points. But that's an awful lot to go through every time you enter and exit a game that requires frequent updating.

I downloaded the game 6 days ago from the iPad App store, so unless you've upgraded it since then, I imagine I'm using the latest version. I see a lot of people are having the same problem I am as surf around and read through various sites trying to find a fix, so I'd be really surprised if this is an unfamiliar problem to you guys. From dealing with software fixes in the past, I imagine you are trying to fix it and can't find the problem, or it's a low priority and it won't be dealt with for a while.

If either of these is the case, it would be better to just come out and acknowledge that.

trenae
07-01-11, 01:55 PM
If by "exit and re-enter the app" you mean shut off my wi-fi, then try to open the game, and then when it doesn't open turn on the wi-fi again, and THEN open the game, it doesn't eat the points. But that's an awful lot to go through every time you enter and exit a game that requires frequent updating.

I downloaded the game 6 days ago from the iPad App store, so unless you've upgraded it since then, I imagine I'm using the latest version. I see a lot of people are having the same problem I am as surf around and read through various sites trying to find a fix, so I'd be really surprised if this is an unfamiliar problem to you guys. From dealing with software fixes in the past, I imagine you are trying to fix it and can't find the problem, or it's a low priority and it won't be dealt with for a while.

If either of these is the case, it would be better to just come out and acknowledge that.

Hi there -

To be clear I do not work for TeamLava and do not speak for them. I do however try to assist where I can.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having the issue, I understand that going through those steps may not be preferable. If the problem persists you may want to email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) for assistance. Make sure to include your Storm8 ID, the app and app version you are emailing about, the device and operating system you are using, the connection method you use (wifi, etc.), a description of the issue and when you noticed the issue. Also include if you have the issue in more then one app. If you have already emailed Support, you'll need to wait to hear what they say.

farmerjack31
07-02-11, 06:14 PM
I have been carefully slowly painstakingly stocking my store with thousands of merchandize (it took me three days) only to open the store and in less then 15 minutes everything was gone and no money for it. What the heck is going on? Please tell me! It's not right.

The same thing has happened to me in Fashion story and in Nightclub story in the last week. It took ages to stock my store and nightclub only to open them and in less than 10 minutes everything was gone for no money. I've emailed team lava support. Hopefully someone will get back to me soon.

saintlover
07-02-11, 07:56 PM

This happened to me yesterday too... im ready to walk away from the game...sigh

Mogwai4111
07-02-11, 07:59 PM
Honestly fellas, stop blocking your doors! Block your cash register instead if you want to stockpile food. The door block glitch has been around for months, until TeamLava announces that they've fixed it, just avoid it all together.

driftboutique
07-02-11, 08:51 PM
Honestly fellas, stop blocking your doors! Block your cash register instead if you want to stockpile food. The door block glitch has been around for months, until TeamLava announces that they've fixed it, just avoid it all together.

Seconded. And frankly, I'm not even sure it qualifies as a glitch or a bug. I think that blocking your door is simply not intended to be part of gameplay and I'm not sure TL wants to change that. I think they should consider it, but as mentioned previously, blocking your cash register is a perfectly cromulent interim solution.

Mogwai4111
07-02-11, 09:16 PM
Seconded. And frankly, I'm not even sure it qualifies as a glitch or a bug. I think that blocking your door is simply not intended to be part of gameplay and I'm not sure TL wants to change that. I think they should consider it, but as mentioned previously, blocking your cash register is a perfectly cromulent interim solution.

Agree with this. TL simply didn't anticipate the desire to have food serving only when you or your neighbors will be there to view, or the stockpiling in anticipation of a vacation. I think there should be a "closed" option, seems like a majority of the players block their doors nowadays. Of course, easier said than done, I know nothing about what it'd take (development-wise) to pause that sell rate formula that governs these games.

ninjakt
07-05-11, 03:04 PM
Yes, being able to set your store to "closed" would be exceptional!!! I had this issue happen to me one time and I'd done the same thing. Placed my register in front of the door to stock pile, had all my racks full, exited, came back five minutes later, my racks were empty, completely. I, however, earned $20,000...so it doesn't appear I had shoplifters or a robbery.

Rachael98
07-05-11, 03:32 PM
Hi there -

To be clear I do not work for TeamLava and do not speak for them. I do however try to assist where I can.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having the issue, I understand that going through those steps may not be preferable. If the problem persists you may want to email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) for assistance. Make sure to include your Storm8 ID, the app and app version you are emailing about, the device and operating system you are using, the connection method you use (wift, etc.), a description of the issue and when you noticed the issue. Also include if you have the issue in more then one app. If you have already emailed Support, you'll need to wait to hear what they say.

Ooh...don't go getting yourself an impersonation accusation! That's not a good thing to have. No, just a quick off-topic note guys (for forums), unless it says Super Moderator or TeamLava Employee or something like that under the name, they probably don't work directly for TL!
Is there any sort of pattern device/iOS/game version-wise that anyone knows about?

trenae
07-05-11, 03:49 PM
Is there any sort of pattern device/iOS/game version-wise that anyone knows about?

Users that have issues should direct the information to Support for assistance if it's not something forum users are able to assist with. The more information they can provide when they email Support the easier it is to investigate.

Rachael98
07-05-11, 03:56 PM
Users that have issues should direct the information to Support for assistance if it's not something forum users are able to assist with. The more information they can provide when they email Support the easier it is to investigate.

I've no idea how that relates to my post, but it's certainly correct.

justhaydee
07-06-11, 01:01 PM
Mogwai you are so wrong this time I was redesigning my shop and in the process they did it again they took all my merchandise and gave me a little money I already had thousands of pieces in stock so keep your misinformation to yourself please. And before you ask this time I emailed team lava about my compliant as well.

driftboutique
07-06-11, 04:55 PM
Mogwai you are so wrong this time I was redesigning my shop and in the process they did it again they took all my merchandise and gave me a little money I already had thousands of pieces in stock so keep your misinformation to yourself please. And before you ask this time I emailed team lava about my compliant as well.

It may not apply to you in this instance, but that doesn't make it misinformation.

Mogwai4111
07-06-11, 05:16 PM
I'm still not sure what I was wrong about? You admitted you blocked your door for 3 days, then when you unblocked the door all the product was quick-sold. I was just pointing out that blocking a door sometimes causes product to be quick-sold (this has been known for months), and suggested you not block your door.

doodyhead
07-13-11, 12:03 AM
Why are my purchased gems not showing in my acct? It said purchase successful but theres no gems.. Zoo story

LanokaHarbor
07-13-11, 12:45 AM
I am so glad I only play City Story.......