PDA

View Full Version : New "farmer" looking for a few tips!

myporcelainlife
06-25-11, 06:32 PM
Hi guys I just started playing farm story and wanted to ask for some good tips when first starting out.I also have some questions. What's the best thing to grow for exp/money when first starting the game? Do flowers that cost gems to plant last forever? Or does it cost gems every time you plant one? How do flowers work? Do you sell em or are they for looks only? Thanks in advance!

myporcelainlife
06-25-11, 06:48 PM
Also what do animals do? Make crops or just for deco?

lesleypsg1
06-25-11, 07:10 PM
Well, if u have the time, someone did put a spreadsheet together on best crop for coin xp ratio. I can't remember, it's been so long. Do an advanced search and I'm sure you will find. Raspberries cost nothing and strawberries min, so I worked those first way back. Coffee is a good overnighter. Cranberries and blueberries are good quick earners. Once u have lots of coin but need xp to level up, plant rice then sell it by digging up. You earn nothing, lose cost of rice but gain the xp. I off settee costs by letting cranberries grow to harvest.

For every gem flower...it never withers. But if u harvest it, it will cost u another gem to replant

Animals will give u a minimal coin pay off every few hours.

Coin flowers will also never wither, but yes u can sell for profit. Just no xp

Anything else I can help with? Enjoy your farm. It's still my fav 

lesleypsg1
06-25-11, 07:15 PM
Found one of the spreadsheet threads for you
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?10957-What-are-the-best-crops-to-plant&highlight=Crop+spreadsheet

myporcelainlife
06-25-11, 07:22 PM
Thank you for taking the time to reply to all my questions! How about trees? They last forever? Also you said wilting? Do all things that get planted wilt over time?

lesleypsg1
06-25-11, 07:27 PM
Trees don't wilt.

Yes, your crops will wilt if you don't harvest them in time....I have generally found that if you plant an hour crop, you want to harvest within an hour and a half from time u planted. An eight hour crop, get to it within twelve hours from time you planted. Longer for day, two day crops, etc.

Oh, you're welcome. That's what the forum is for. You'll get the feel for it soon. It's rather a nice relaxing little game 

cameoz
06-26-11, 12:18 PM
Also, in case you didn't know, you earn gems between level 1 and 2 of each crop or tree. And if you max out all four levels, you get a gnome.

yanochka
06-27-11, 11:01 AM
Also, you earn XPs for flowers and trees if they are watered

MiniLaura
06-28-11, 05:13 AM
Yes, your crops will wilt if you don't harvest them in time....I have generally found that if you plant an hour crop, you want to harvest within an hour and a half from time u planted. An eight hour crop, get to it within twelve hours from time you planted. Longer for day, two day crops, etc.

Are you sure about this? I thought crops lasted after "ripening" for the same amount of time they took to grow. So a 1 hour crop can be harvested up to 2 hours after planting. I vaguely remember a discussion about growing quinoa if you were going on a vacation for up to 8 days.

hectorloch
06-28-11, 05:36 AM
Are you sure about this? I thought crops lasted after "ripening" for the same amount of time they took to grow. So a 1 hour crop can be harvested up to 2 hours after planting. I vaguely remember a discussion about growing quinoa if you were going on a vacation for up to 8 days.

This is right. Only exceptions are the short soft fruits raspberry and strawberry (and I assume now peanuts) where you get 20 to 30 mins - I've never counted exactly but it's about that.