PDA

View Full Version : Switching Devices

laurennnn01
06-25-11, 05:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I just had my iPhone 4 replaced with a new one. I wish I knew whatever a UDID was because I only have my replacement phone's UDID at this point, not the old device's. I know both of my storm8 ID's. Is there any way I can have my restaurant and city replaced without the UDID?! Please help!!! I was level 48 &I realllyyy don't want to start over!

bigbux3
06-25-11, 05:48 PM
sorry, i JUST transferred my games yesterday to my new ipod touch (this thing works FAST) but, uh, yeah. you needed both UDID's. if you still have the old device download an application called UDID sender in the App Store. once you do just open the app, and press email UDID. email this to yourself. on your new device download the same thing and do the same steps. on Teamlava's website, just copy and paste the old device's UDID in the FIRST bar. then copy and paste the new device's UDID in the SECOND bar. then type the level of the GAME YOUR TRANSFERRING! (ex. i'm on level 35 City Story, then i choose 35 and City Story in the drop down menu) then press transfer account. This will be instantly done, then sync the applications onto your new device, then you should see everything looks the same as it did on the old device! YOU MUST RECORD THE UDID OF THE OLD DEVICE. without it, you cant transfer.

with one transfer of the game, it will transfer ALL other games too.

bigbux3
06-25-11, 05:50 PM
without the other device UDID, ur screwed. i'm sorry. :(
i feel ur pain, cuz i didnt want to start over either. i asked teamlava if there was a way to log onto a different iDevice, and they told me transfer your account. but this was right when account transferring came out.

greygull
06-25-11, 08:25 PM
No, you can still transfer without the UDID. There are two sticky threads on how to do it. 1. Email support. 2. Install another storm8 (but not TL) game, play a few level, then log in with your storm8 id and password. That will also transfer.

jovenal
06-25-11, 09:06 PM
Hi Guys,

I just had my iPhone 4 replaced with a new one. I wish I knew whatever a UDID was because I only have my replacement phone's UDID at this point, not the old device's. I know both of my storm8 ID's. Is there any way I can have my restaurant and city replaced without the UDID?! Please help!!! I was level 48 &I realllyyy don't want to start over!

If you know your old account Storm8 ID try transferring you old account to the new iDevice. here's the directions:>>> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674

bigbux3
06-26-11, 11:37 AM
No, you can still transfer without the UDID. There are two sticky threads on how to do it. 1. Email support. 2. Install another storm8 (but not TL) game, play a few level, then log in with your storm8 id and password. That will also transfer.

whoops, u can? now i feel stupid

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 01:05 PM
Hi. I'm having a crisis. I just replaced my daughter's ipod Touch 2 gen and they already sent the old device to the recycling center. I accidentally created a new storm 8 id on her new device by not entering one number. How do I log in with her old id now?

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 01:13 PM
Does this work for TL games? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm kind of under a time crunch to get back on my daughter's account before she starts losing points.

greygull
07-04-11, 01:26 PM
I think you might need to email support. I'm guessing they're closed today, but should be able to help first thing tomorrow. If you dl something like mofia wars (I think) and try entering the storm id from the old device, it should work, but I'm not sure if you have logged in under another.

soccerstrauss21
07-04-11, 01:31 PM
How do you restart a game off bakery story

trenae
07-04-11, 02:07 PM
Hi. I'm having a crisis. I just replaced my daughter's ipod Touch 2 gen and they already sent the old device to the recycling center. I accidentally created a new storm 8 id on her new device by not entering one number. How do I log in with her old id now?

Does this work for TL games? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm kind of under a time crunch to get back on my daughter's account before she starts losing points.

Hi there -

If you created a Storm8 ID on the device you want to transfer to, you will need to get assistance from TeamLava Support, players are only able to transfer to a device that does not already have a Storm8 associated with it. When you email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) provide both Storm8 IDs, the one on the old device, and the one on the new device. Explain what you explained in your posts above and they should be able to assist you. Keep in mind they are not in the office today, so there may be a couple-few days wait time until they are able to process your ticket.

*This is true even if using a Storm8 app to process a transfer.

How do you restart a game off bakery story

The Story games do not have an option to restart. What you can do instead is sell off all the items you have and start over in terms of what you have.

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 02:56 PM
Thanks. I'm dealing with bakery story, restaurant story, zoo story and treasure story. I emailed them. This is so unfortunate!

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 02:57 PM
Thanks. I omitted one number by accident when entering her storm8 id and this is what happened. :( Such nonsense! I emailed them. It was a simple mistake. What other game punishes you for such a simple mistake? :)

trenae
07-04-11, 03:00 PM
Thanks. I omitted one number by accident when entering her storm8 id and this is what happened. :( Such nonsense! I emailed them. It was a simple mistake. What other game punishes you for such a simple mistake? :)

Unfortunately while the Storm8 ID system is an awesome system, it does have some things that are in place for security purposes that make it not as easy when we make simple mistakes. The nice thing is that you should be able to get the Story games back as they were, though there may be some expired items. :( Here's to hoping that you get it resolved quickly. :)

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:06 PM
I hope so. In the meantime I am creating new games for her with the intention of getting them up to her old levels in case things don't work out, and it should be easy enough to befriend her old neighbors on her new games. Plus I left a message on her walls stating who I was and what was going on. This is virtual reality. If this really were a family business, this would be a crisis! Thankfully this isn't reality but virtuality!

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:10 PM
I hope so. In the meantime I am creating new games for her with the intention of getting them up to her old levels in case things don't work out, and it should be easy enough to befriend her old neighbors on her new games. Plus I left a message on her walls stating who I was and what was going on. This is virtual reality. If this really were a family business, this would be a crisis! Thankfully this isn't reality but virtuality!

But then if Support (support@teamlava.com) do reactivate the account, won't you lose your new data?

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:13 PM
That's ok. I want my daughter to get her games as they were. She entrusted them to me while she was gone. Although having to replace her ipod touch was because of her mistake, dropping it, entering in her storm8 id wrong was a simple omission of one number on my part. Its not fair, but I didn't create the rules for storm8 ids.

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:14 PM
That's ok. I want my daughter to get her games as they were. She entrusted them to me while she was gone. Although having to replace her ipod touch was because of her mistake, dropping it, entering in her storm8 id wrong was a simple omission of one number on my part. Its not fair, but I didn't create the rules for storm8 ids.

Even if you had entered her ID into a game, it would have already existed. Hopefully Support will get your request towards the top...

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:27 PM
Thanks Rachael. I had thought that. Thankfully she's gone until Saturday so hopefully I'll be able to solve it before then. I keep going over it in my head and there's no way I would've known that I had to get her old UDID. I called the apple store and they had already sent her old device on to recycling. :( They said there was no way that I could get that UDID now. And I called AppleCare and its closed for the holiday. :( I guess its good I can't call or email my daughter, because if I told her what was going on she'd get really upset! Another problem is I don't have her Storm8 id password, which brings up all kinds of privacy issues around kids. Its a big lesson for sure!

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:31 PM
Thanks Rachael. I had thought that. Thankfully she's gone until Saturday so hopefully I'll be able to solve it before then. I keep going over it in my head and there's no way I would've known that I had to get her old UDID. I called the apple store and they had already sent her old device on to recycling. :( They said there was no way that I could get that UDID now. And I called AppleCare and its closed for the holiday. :( I guess its good I can't call or email my daughter, because if I told her what was going on she'd get really upset! Another problem is I don't have her Storm8 id password, which brings up all kinds of privacy issues around kids. Its a big lesson for sure!

Storm8 IDs don't have passwords do they?

trenae
07-04-11, 03:34 PM
Storm8 IDs don't have passwords do they?

Yes they do, otherwise users that are not the owner of the ID would be able to do a transfer.

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:35 PM
Yes they do, otherwise users that are not the owner of the ID would be able to do a transfer.

Umm...are we meant to know the password? I don't know mine:(

trenae
07-04-11, 03:37 PM
Umm...are we meant to know the password? I don't know mine:(

You should know your password, it's what you log into the forums with.

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:37 PM
I was going to try to go through a storm8 game, Vampire Story, and that's where I had to enter the storm8 password. But maybe you're right. There's nothing much I can do until I hear back from teamlava. In the meantime I'm going to keep working on her new bakery and new restaurant and start a new treasure story and a new zoo story in case they can't help me. Then she'll just have to experience her frustration. Oh well. We'll see!

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:39 PM

Phew! That password. You had me worried. Thank you:).

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:40 PM
Off topic. How do you get the hyperlink in her your id, yours is blue mine is not. I looked all through my settings and I couldn't figure it out. I'm kind of short on time so please forgive me for asking it here. And also forgive the lack of quoting. Its been a while since I used forums. Also while I'm signed into this forum with my storm8 id, apparently my email address is not linked to my account. So I'm not sure how that happened. I've entered all my email addresses into the lost password thing and none of them are recognized, so I'm logged in without an email. Strange.

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:41 PM
I was going to try to go through a storm8 game, Vampire Story, and that's where I had to enter the storm8 password. But maybe you're right. There's nothing much I can do until I hear back from teamlava. In the meantime I'm going to keep working on her new bakery and new restaurant and start a new treasure story and a new zoo story in case they can't help me. Then she'll just have to experience her frustration. Oh well. We'll see!

Best of luck. Post the outcome (but not a quote of a reply as Support e-mailed are confidential) please! I am going to take an interest in this case.

trenae
07-04-11, 03:41 PM

You wouldn't be able to complete the transfer, even if you had the password, as there is a Storm8 ID on the device you want to transfer to.

Don't worry though, TeamLava Support should be able to help you out, and maybe she'll never even need to know - no frustration maybe. :p

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:42 PM
Off topic. How do you get the hyperlink in her your id, yours is blue mine is not. I looked all through my settings and I couldn't figure it out. I'm kind of short on time so please forgive me for asking it here. And also forgive the lack of quoting. Its been a while since I used forums. Also while I'm signed into this forum with my storm8 id, apparently my email address is not linked to my account. So I'm not sure how that happened. I've entered all my email addresses into the lost password thing and none of them are recognized, so I'm logged in without an email. Strange.

This is thought to be a so-far unresolved vBullitij glitch which SuperMods need to fix at some point. As of yet, you can't change it. Sorry.

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:49 PM
Not sure what a vBullitij glitch is but I'm sure the search engine is my friend ;) Thanks for all your help!

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:52 PM
You wouldn't be able to complete the transfer, even if you had the password, as there is a Storm8 ID on the device you want to transfer to.

Don't worry though, TeamLava Support should be able to help you out, and maybe she'll never even need to know - no frustration maybe. :p
So it sounds like the only way to have avoided this trouble was not to have entered the wrong storm8 id by accident. This is like my life, no room for error. Seriously! If I had entered the right storm8 id I still would not have been able to use it because it belonged to my daughter. So I still would have gotten frustrated. And there was no way to have known I needed by UDID. I've never had to deal with it before and I've had an iPhone since December 2009. This has truly been a learning day. I'll try not to worry. I'm a perfectionist and I hate thinking about my daughter suffering but I've done what I can! ;) Thank you!

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:52 PM
Not sure what a vBullitij glitch is but I'm sure the search engine is my friend ;) Thanks for all your help!

Darn, vBullitin! Sorry. Stupid touch screen. The site runs off vBullitin. For sone reason, accounts made after a certain date were not signed up to vBullitin, so they don't get everything (hyperlinks, signatures, edit feature unless a mod.).

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:53 PM
So it sounds like the only way to have avoided this trouble was not to have entered the wrong storm8 id by accident. This is like my life, no room for error. Seriously! If I had entered the right storm8 id I still would not have been able to use it because it belonged to my daughter. So I still would have gotten frustrated. And there was no way to have known I needed by UDID. I've never had to deal with it before and I've had an iPhone since December 2009. This has truly been a learning day. I'll try not to worry. I'm a perfectionist and I hate thinking about my daughter suffering but I've done what I can! ;) Thank you!

Don't get frustrated. It's not really your fault. Hopefully Support can help you.

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:57 PM
Don't get frustrated. It's not really your fault. Hopefully Support can help you.
Thanks Rachael98. I know how my daughter is so I'll just wait. I have 5 days to work this out. And hopefully she won't have to know. This is crazy! :)

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 03:58 PM
Darn, vBullitin! Sorry. Stupid touch screen. The site runs off vBullitin. For sone reason, accounts made after a certain date were not signed up to vBullitin, so they don't get everything (hyperlinks, signatures, edit feature unless a mod.).
Thanks again. Don't know what that is but I can find out. :) I'm sure increasing my technical knowledge and s****s today! :)

Rachael98
07-04-11, 03:59 PM
Thanks Rachael98. I know how my daughter is so I'll just wait. I have 5 days to work this out. And hopefully she won't have to know. This is crazy! :)

How is your daughter going to react exactly:eek:?
Support should be fairly quick. Just regularly check your e-mails.

Rachael98
07-04-11, 04:01 PM
Thanks again. Don't know what that is but I can find out. :) I'm sure increasing my technical knowledge and s****s today! :)

Well, GM hasn't even been able to fix it yet:/...but that might be more to do with a lack of time:p.

sweetie_bug
07-04-11, 04:06 PM
How is your daughter going to react exactly:eek:?
Support should be fairly quick. Just regularly check your e-mails.
Oh don't worry about the email, its on my iphone and the server checks every 15 min. She will get very upset with me. So I devised a plan. I have to get her up to level 18 in bakery story, level 15 in restaurant story, level 24 in treasure story, level 20 in zoo story. I have to increase 3 levels a day in bakery story, 3 levels a day in restaurant story, 5 levels a day in treasure story, and 4 levels a day in zoo story. I'm not going to post on all her old neighbors walls and tell them this is her new id. I'll leave that decision up to her if we lose her old account and have to stick with the new one. Or I'll offer to do the work for her. Its not her fault. Craziness!

Rachael98
07-04-11, 04:08 PM
Well...:eek::rolleyes:good luck.