PDA

View Full Version : hot dogs are 1 hour?? Seriously??

cakeandpie
06-24-11, 03:57 PM
I was so excited that there would probably be a new grill recipe today. When I opened up the grill cookbook, I honestly thought I could not be seeing what I was seeing. ANOTHER 1 hour recipe??? Already 3 out of 6 were one hour! There are SO many other time periods we still need! We've been begging and begging for new recipes with different time periods because there are so few time periods on the grill. I just don't get it.

twompy
06-24-11, 05:33 PM
dang really?????? that sux!! my update hadnt gone through yet but i was feeling the same way you are.. what a DRAG.. sigh.. hopefully more grill food will be on the way..

bawpotter
06-25-11, 05:36 AM
I was so upset! I was hoping for an 8 hour!

MMSIsaac
06-25-11, 05:47 AM
I don't get TL's reasoning with the grill. Why can't the times be like the other appliances? Maybe they are trying to have the grill times be more realistic, but I'm not sure. I'm just happy they added the GHD to the grill! :)

bigbux3
06-25-11, 03:54 PM
Just be glad, i still havent gotten an update for restaurant story. i got all the updates for the rest of the apps but this one. Its a day later, and i didnt even get a notice for the new items or food. I want to at least cook the hot dogs and mango delight. but they arent there. Ive restarted my ipod, and deleted the app, and nothing is working
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

dewey1025
06-26-11, 12:30 AM
One hour foods are good. New foods with short cook times not only offer the flexibility of when you'd want to cook it, but also allows you to get much experience quickly, since foods with short cook times generally give you XP at a much higher rate, not the mention you reach the mastery levels sooner and get XP, coins, and a gem. I don't know if "because there are so many one hour foods on the grill" is a legitimate reason to not like the food. If anything, I think the number of long foods is disproportionally greater than short foods, since you knock out the short ones so quickly.

dewey1025
06-26-11, 12:33 AM
Just be glad, i still havent gotten an update for restaurant story. i got all the updates for the rest of the apps but this one. Its a day later, and i didnt even get a notice for the new items or food. I want to at least cook the hot dogs and mango delight. but they arent there. Ive restarted my ipod, and deleted the app, and nothing is working
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

Restarting or reinstalling the game won't do anything for you, because whether or not you have the update depends on their server, not your local data. If I were you I'd just wait -- you'll get the update in a reasonably near future, so there's no need to panic.

bigbux3
06-26-11, 11:46 AM
*PANICING* this is weird, its NEVER taken this long before. teamlava should make it, or try their hardest where the update gets out to everyone like it used to. *PANICING*

jovenal
06-26-11, 12:09 PM
*PANICING* this is weird, its NEVER taken this long before. teamlava should make it, or try their hardest where the update gets out to everyone like it used to. *PANICING*

Panicking won't do you any good! Be glad that you've gotten most of your other Story apps updated. It will eventually come.

twompy
06-26-11, 09:04 PM
Yes quick cooking food do help you gain XP faster but they can put those on any of the other two appliances the grill has 4 out of the 6 that are one hour.. so i didnt see the reason for putting another 1 hour food on the grill... 6, 8, 4 hour food would have been great...

kinzlee
06-26-11, 09:41 PM
I like the 1 hour food time period. I do agree that they should add a 8 & 16 hour stuff

bawpotter
06-27-11, 05:18 PM
The reason I am always posting for 4,8, and 16 hour recipes is because those times work out really well with my schedule. I have a 7am-11pm day, and I am out from 7am-3pm.

So, I start with 8 hour then two 4 hours which is more XP and coins than a 16 hour. That brings me to 11pm. Then I do another 8 hour.

bigbux3
06-27-11, 05:24 PM
maybe a deep fryer would be good. if someone wants a fast food restaurant, they could update like a drive through window, a cash register, deep fryer, and soda dispenser... stuff like that. but im not concerned with that because im going for a more elegant and classy look. but it would help if these items DIDNT COST GEMS. but i think the lowest time to cook something in a grill is an hour. but i still didnt get the update, so i dont know