PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Chest!

Swiminn6
06-24-11, 12:29 PM
Hey guys what have you gotten in the surprise chest so far?! I have been saving for a different case, oh jeez!

Remember post pictures!!

blazeuk
06-24-11, 04:00 PM
Surprise Chest - 2nd Airport & Guggenheim Museum
3rd & 4th Dumpsters / Subway Entrance / Tea Garden / I Love City Story / Aqarium / Car Dealership

and 1st tho havnt seen it yet is Notre Dam

Swiminn6
06-24-11, 04:01 PM
3rd & 4th Dumpsters / Subway Entrance / Tea Garden / I Love City Story / Aqarium / Car Dealership

Omg!! I want airport! Have pictures?!

Swiminn6
06-24-11, 04:18 PM
Here is the items that were mentioned above. Airport sucks!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/Swiminn6/08107120.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/Swiminn6/59bd46ae.jpg

driftboutique
06-24-11, 05:17 PM
Ooh, the tea garden and subway entrance are fantastic. And of course the Guggenheim! I'm not as jazzed about the buildings with giant lettering, although an aquarium is a great idea. Can't wait to see Notre Dame!

xSnowyOwlx
06-24-11, 07:17 PM

Dumpsters? What is it about dumpsters that they are worth 24 city cash? I wouldn't even pay 1 single city cash for them at all.

Mogwai4111
06-24-11, 07:32 PM
Dumpsters? What is it about dumpsters that they are worth 24 city cash? I wouldn't even pay 1 single city cash for them at all.

If you went to Amsterdam on Queen's Day you'd change your mind

yogurtjunkie303
06-24-11, 09:07 PM
Would love to get the car dealer, tea garden, subway entrance and aquarium. They look fantastic!!

Has anyone gotten the dumpsters and I love City Story mentioned above? Please post pic if you have. Thanks.

I really hope I don't get the airport & Guggenheim, they are just too small. IMO airport is just not a good idea to begin with. Although many airports in the world are within city boundaries, it doesn't really belong there, and on top of that, the scale is extremely hard to work with. The length of a regular passenger airplane is about 4-5 times the width of a regular site for homes.

In cartoonish world of City Story where scale is trivial, to make it even look somewhat right, the length of a passenger airplane would have to be 2-3 tiles. Thus the size of an airport would have to be .. oh i don't know.. say 8x8 tiles? Not to mention the runway. So airport is actually not really feasible as no one would want to buy a 8x8 tile building.

Guggenheim IMO should have been the same size as the mall, 3x3 tiles. I love the idea, I love the design and I really appreciate TL incorporating this building, but too bad the product is not in the right scale. How come a museum this magnitude is only as big as a Tex Mex restaurant? Honestly, if it was 3x3 tiles I would not mind spending 48 cash on it.

I really appreciate the effort and weekly updates have been awesome. But I think this Surprise Chest is not your best. I still think the best cases were the 2010 Halloween and Amusement where the buildings were cute, in the right scale and fit within the whole overall design.

robberville
06-25-11, 01:28 AM
Cool new stuff but you can forget me spending more money on things i basically don't have space for anymore lol...

How about giving out new things in coins. WIthout doing the math i can safely say that at least 80% of updated items are city cash only.

sunshine56
06-25-11, 01:57 AM
The airport is awesome. But **** it, I still want to score my Burj Al Arab!

desertfarmer
06-25-11, 08:27 AM
The airport is awesome. But **** it, I still want to score my Burj Al Arab!

Same here :"(. Tried my luck twice but got a coffee shop and ice cream parlor instead!
Im wishing either burj al arab or arab empire tower!

yogurtjunkie303
06-25-11, 10:43 AM
Dumpsters. Not feeling it.. those are giant !! Again, look at the scale.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/jamoboy/870a02f3.jpg

Swiminn6
06-25-11, 01:37 PM
^Lol I agree and why is there that brick wall 

I found the Notre Dame Cathedral. Here's a picture
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/Swiminn6/24d22ab0.jpg

xSnowyOwlx
06-25-11, 02:37 PM
Well, I was hoping the dumpsters would settle that issue with the alleys and not being able to move things like people used to. I never noticed in City until people said it was gone. I can still do it in the others, though.

xSnowyOwlx
06-25-11, 02:39 PM
If you went to Amsterdam on Queen's Day you'd change your mind

What are the dumpsters filled with? All I can find online is stuff about dumpster dive. Unless they were filled with money I wouldn't dive into one.

LanokaHarbor
06-27-11, 04:52 AM
Well I got dumpsters but I can't upload a pic. Sadly, can you imagine, I bought city cash for the first time and spent it on a case, and got DUMPTERS. Sheen.

driftboutique
06-27-11, 07:41 AM
I am champing at the bit to buy this case. I have enough city cash for three of them. But still no update, sadly. I hope it comes today. I need something to cheer me up after the disaster of my alleged boutique redesign o_o

trebor69
06-28-11, 07:44 AM
i.ve now found 3 car dealer ships, 2 dumpshers and the Aquarium. I'd really like 2 of the subway, however my months cash allocation to my self is up, so will have to wait until July to try again.

farmerrobbo
06-29-11, 03:50 AM
Yes, for a change I really wanted the subway but got an aquarium. Oh well, I'll wait for the next sale...

omgbatman
08-05-11, 05:45 AM
Here is the items that were mentioned above. Airport sucks!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/Swiminn6/08107120.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/Swiminn6/59bd46ae.jpg

The Aquarium is the most ugliest building ever. It's like TL didn't try in this case. This case has the worst items.

xokay
08-05-11, 06:33 AM
The Aquarium is the most ugliest building ever. It's like TL didn't try in this case. This case has the worst items.

I quite like the aquarium :)

putka
08-06-11, 07:18 AM
How are the dumpsters or the subway entrance worth 5 bucks? Or any of that for that matter! I got the dumpsters by mistake (grrr, lag and no confirmation!) and am so pissed off, will probably not buy city cash anytime soon.

And what does 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th mean? I'm guessing that it's not "1st time you buy", "2nd time you buy", etc. I don't understand what that means at all.

Swiminn6
08-06-11, 05:21 PM
How are the dumpsters or the subway entrance worth 5 bucks? Or any of that for that matter! I got the dumpsters by mistake (grrr, lag and no confirmation!) and am so pissed off, will probably not buy city cash anytime soon.

And what does 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th mean? I'm guessing that it's not "1st time you buy", "2nd time you buy", etc. I don't understand what that means at all.

The boxes are all random and the keys are the items rarity. So you are more likely to get a 4th key item (common) than a 1st key item (exceptional)

putka
08-07-11, 07:19 AM
They could've worded it / explained it differently and more clear. Saying only "you can get items you can't get anywhere else. 1st - exceptional, 2nd - rare, 3rd - uncommon, 4th - common", makes it sound like the 1st time you buy you will get an exceptional item, the second time you buy you will get a rare item, etc. I am guessing that is on purpose though, to confuse people and make them think they will get better stuff than dumpsters when they spend 5 bucks on something they can't even see. Just like it's on purpose that there is no confirmation pop up when spending gems. I wasted my 24 gems when they had the pop up about the newest surprise thingy, clicked ok (the only option) and with a little bit of lag, i was informed that i had purchased a dumpster. Didn't even understand which case it came out of.

The dumpsters by the way... why are they bigger than the water tower? I have never seen a water tower that holds less water than a dumpster could. The TL people must've never actually seen a water tower at all.

shakiba
08-07-11, 12:20 PM
I would love the airport too, thx for posting the pics :D

omgbatman
08-10-11, 09:48 AM
I quite like the aquarium :)
Well, I guess it's because I've seen the aquarium many times:/ But I admit, the design does fit an aquarium!