I got a stupid duck crossing sign. Lol

yanochka
06-24-11, 01:01 PM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/0eba2194.png

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/73bc629d.png

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/82e746df.png

hectorloch
06-24-11, 01:13 PM
A toadstool house ? I'd buy that for my gnomes - if it were out of the box. Can't risk it .... might get an "I love Dad" sign and then I'd be back in the hospital !

pinkster73
06-24-11, 01:18 PM
Ooh wow is that house and the stable from the new box too?

GreenHees
06-24-11, 01:30 PM
Love the new update! (Unfortunately can't afford most of it)

lesleypsg1
06-24-11, 01:46 PM
I got a stupid duck crossing sign. Lol

Ya, that's what I got. Not going to try again. I should've known better

bobbie629
06-25-11, 10:30 AM
I'm so sick of the houses being in boxes! Not everyone has money to spend on 5-6 boxes to get ONE item that is worth spending the money on. TL stop putting it in boxes! I have no idea why you don't understand the concept of putting them in the store for gems. People that wanted it would buy it. People like me who buy gems would buy the items. I'd buy 2-3 things a week (say at 20-40 gems) you'd make 80-120 gems on me (and I am sure others) which is $10.. I won't buy a box that costs $5 though.. So therefor I buy nothing and instead of getting something from me you get nothing. We hate the boxes.. Its been said over and over, yet you put more and more out!

pinkster73
06-25-11, 11:09 AM
Exactly. I would spend more money on a sure thing. Some people don't like gambling.

farmerrobbo
06-25-11, 07:15 PM
Yes indeed. I got the ducks crossing sign and one Clydesdale horse. Should have kept my money, although at least it was on sale.

lesleypsg1
06-25-11, 07:19 PM
A toadstool house ? I'd buy that for my gnomes - if it were out of the box. Can't risk it .... might get an "I love Dad" sign and then I'd be back in the hospital !

I GOT IT HECTOR! I can't believe it....got the I love dad stupid sign too lol. But the gems were almost half price so I don't mind....got a rainbow and duplicate silly hedges to, but I'm setting up a nice spot for my unicorn 

xokay
06-25-11, 07:42 PM
Is that house with the waterfall from this box? I love that. Too bad it doesn't matter because I won't gamble knowing I'll likely get signs.

xSnowyOwlx
06-25-11, 08:13 PM
Out of curiosity, are those people who aren't happy with the I love Dad sign just not happy about having such a small item or do they really not like their dad?

Me, I wouldn't want it but I don't care much. My dad was a loser so I never celebrated father's day.

xokay
06-25-11, 08:16 PM
Out of curiosity, are those people who aren't happy with the I love Dad sign just not happy about having such a small item or do they really not like their dad?

Me, I wouldn't want it but I don't care much. My dad was a loser so I never celebrated father's day.

It's small and doesn't make sense to have on a farm or.. anywhere, really. Just like the duck sign. What a waste of money. I love both of my parents but I'm not about to get an "I heart mom" tattoo. ;)

cakeandpie
06-25-11, 08:26 PM
I won't buy a box that costs $5 though.. So therefor I buy nothing and instead of getting something from me you get nothing. We hate the boxes.. Its been said over and over, yet you put more and more out!

Agreed completely. There are some pretty awesome things in the boxes I'd love to have, but I would never even consider plunking down real money without knowing what I'm getting. No way am I spending $5 of real money, or even $4 on sale, to get a silly little sign, an item I don't like at all, or a duplicate.

lesleypsg1
06-25-11, 08:35 PM
Yes, the waterfall house is in that box. I would've loved it, but alas....

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/lesleypsg/88d6b915.png

lesleypsg1
06-25-11, 08:36 PM
It's small and doesn't make sense to have on a farm or.. anywhere, really. Just like the duck sign. What a waste of money. I love both of my parents but I'm not about to get an "I heart mom" tattoo. ;)

totally agree. They were booby prizes....totally out of place

xokay
06-25-11, 08:37 PM
I do love the mushroom house and the waterfall one, but I'd hate to get stuck with most anything else.. ;/

lesleypsg1
06-25-11, 08:38 PM
Agreed completely. There are some pretty awesome things in the boxes I'd love to have, but I would never even consider plunking down real money without knowing what I'm getting. No way am I spending $5 of real money, or even $4 on sale, to get a silly little sign, an item I don't like at all, or a duplicate.

yes well some of us have more money than brains I suppose....

I promised myself no more boxes, but golly gee darn it all, I loves me a good sale

Seriously, kicking myself!

bellac94
06-25-11, 08:53 PM
i agree with you 100%. i guess they figure if you want it bad enough you'll keep spending until you get it but some of the stuff in the boxes doesnt even belong in there like the signs or the stupid chick shrub which you cant even see cause it matches the grass and to pay five dollars for a sign is crazy. now they got so many boxes and all the good stuff is first or second prize and only a small majority of people actually even are lucky enough to even get them.

kinzlee
06-25-11, 11:06 PM
I Hate boxes. HATE them. I don't understand why you don't just put the items in the store for the same price as the box. You would make more money, because the people that don't like to gamble wouldn't have to. It is just stupid to put stuff in boxes and make people buy them to have a small chance of getting what they want.

hectorloch
06-26-11, 01:47 AM
Yes, the waterfall house is in that box. I would've loved it, but alas....

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/lesleypsg/88d6b915.png

Just getting up here but that's a magic corner ! Well done. And there's the skunk limbering up ! Tempted but for now I'll resist.

I did buy a box or two. I got to all the way to 96 before I did ! The reason I did buy the gems was a sort of response to TL's major turnaround on updates; pretty corny but I thought well, fair enough, hours of enjoyment (?) and all that. But I got rubbish. Best I got was the swing - expensive swing. I did get the gazing ball which by accident immediately as I placed it became the gnome house ... and then they confiscated it ! I keep the "I Love Mom" in my inventory as a sanity warning. But like you, who knows - I'd love the toadstool.

Repeated the pic on purpose - all should see !

MiniLaura
06-26-11, 07:08 AM
I'm so sick of the houses being in boxes! Not everyone has money to spend on 5-6 boxes to get ONE item that is worth spending the money on. TL stop putting it in boxes! I have no idea why you don't understand the concept of putting them in the store for gems. People that wanted it would buy it. People like me who buy gems would buy the items. I'd buy 2-3 things a week (say at 20-40 gems) you'd make 80-120 gems on me (and I am sure others) which is $10.. I won't buy a box that costs $5 though.. So therefor I buy nothing and instead of getting something from me you get nothing. We hate the boxes.. Its been said over and over, yet you put more and more out!

I DO share in your frustration with the boxes. I hate them, and I would be much more willing to pay more than 24 gems to buy a great item with certainty than to pay 24 gems to buy a gambling box.

However, I do NOT think that getting rid of the boxes is in TL's best interest. We know that there are some people who by 5 or more boxes to get items that they really want. That's at least 120 gems into TL pocket and possibly quite a bit more. Would someone pay 120+ gems to buy the toadstool house or the waterfall house outright? Unlikely. The most I would spend on a single item would be around 100 gems, and I'd do that only for the most wonderful item.

If I remember correctly, until this week, the most expensive item in FS cost around 55 gems. That may be the number TL has found that people are willing to pay without balking too much. I wouldn't be surprised if this week's 70 gem unicorn is a trial to see how many people are willing to pay more for a special item.

The boxes seem to be working just fine for TL and they are making money hand over fist with them. The only way TL could be convinced to stop the boxes is if the people who buy multiple boxes quit doing so and if tons of people start buying that unicorn (or any high-gem item).

hectorloch
06-26-11, 07:24 AM
Spot on, MiniLaura. I had been thinking myself that TL's marketeers would be pouring over the statistics of the Unicorn. I suspect they'll conclude what you've concluded - the boxes work.

I had 171 gems wasting on an old iTouch. Just for badness I exhausted them on the new box - 3 Duck Crossings, 1 Potted Cherry Tree, 1 Rainbow Rosebush, 1 Scottish Horse and, of course, I love Dad. So, take heed all.

Now would maybe be a good to time to re-publish Norman's chance statistics on the boxes. I'll look for them.

hectorloch
06-26-11, 07:39 AM
Here it is - although it's older items you'll get the idea

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1618-Discovery-Chest-Explanation&highlight=chances

So,

1% Chance of getting what you really want
10% Chance of a 2nd prize
35%. Chance of a 3rd prize; and
54%. Chance of an "I Love Mom" or other dross.

I also read somewhere that just to stack the odds against you further the chance meter resets every time - so multiple pushes of the buy button do not help.

flowless
06-26-11, 08:00 AM
wouldnt mind the gamble if all items are equally impressive

i love u dad ( i woudnt buy it for 2 coins

CampingTime
06-26-11, 11:28 AM

The Mom and Dad signs just do not make much sense on a farm, but neither do mushroom houses and unicorns...

pinkster73
06-26-11, 11:35 AM
At least you guys have something to waste your gems on. I'm still waiting for the update. PLEASE HURRY teamlava! I'm trying to give you money!

MiniLaura
06-28-11, 07:59 AM
Never mind

seslothower
06-29-11, 11:35 AM
Same thoughts as above. I'd buy a Big ticket item rather than gamble on little ones. I've been playing for about 6 months. Recenetly bought gems for the 1st time. Took the gamble on the Summer box. Blew all hundred dollars worth (580) gems.....didn't get anything big....No Villa, no Zen house....very upsey with myself.

My question / comment here is that it would be nice to gift some of the duplicate items I got to neighbors. Duck signs, tractor signs, hedges and stuff like that the we ALL have made the box mistake on and have duplicates of - wouldn't it be nice to gift these items from our inventory !

hectorloch
06-29-11, 12:19 PM
Here it is - although it's older items you'll get the idea

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1618-Discovery-Chest-Explanation&highlight=chances

So,

1% Chance of getting what you really want
10% Chance of a 2nd prize
35%. Chance of a 3rd prize; and
54%. Chance of an "I Love Mom" or other dross.

I also read somewhere that just to stack the odds against you further the chance meter resets every time - so multiple pushes of the buy button do not help.

I should have expanded. In Norman's post above he does say that steps were taken to decrease the odds on getting the same items. So, if that is so, multiple pushes to that extent are worth it as it is supposed to diminish your dupes risk. Really ! So I must have been lucky getting only three Duck Crossings and not 7 for my 7 tries !

What is does NOT mean, however, is that your chances of getting the same level of prize are diminished - just the chances of getting dupes.

elliejean
07-02-11, 03:07 PM
wouldnt mind the gamble if all items are equally impressive

i love u dad ( i woudnt buy it for 2 coins

This a great idea, all prizes should be equal in value: for example 1st place prizes cost 24 gems; 2nd place prizes cost 20 gems; 3rd place prizes cost 16 gems; 4th place prizes cost 12 gems. That would take some of the gamble out of the picture and I think people would be more willing to take a chance if they knew the prize would be "equally impressive" prizes. Just a thought :)

muddle12
07-24-11, 12:29 PM
Anybody have a pic of the Zen Mansion? New to the forum so maybe i missed it somewhere.

kooky panda
07-24-11, 12:38 PM
Anybody have a pic of the Zen Mansion? New to the forum so maybe i missed it somewhere.

there is a picture of Zen house on this thread. Has yellow roof with gnomes in front of it.

muddle12
07-24-11, 09:44 PM
Thx...knew i'd missed it somewhere:-Q

kooky panda
07-25-11, 06:22 AM
Thx...knew i'd missed it somewhere:-Q

Happens to us all!!! Lol

Rachael98
07-25-11, 06:38 AM
Exactly. I would spend more money on a sure thing. Some people don't like gambling.

The thing is, TL make more money if you buy 5 rather than 1, and some people do like the 'gambling' side of it...I'm not sure who, but I'm sure some people do anyway:p.
Nice updates anyway (even if my WiFi has gone down, so I'm using a computer to type this:eek: and can't play the games:rolleyes::(

talyon
07-25-11, 07:19 AM
The thing is, TL make more money if you buy 5 rather than 1, and some people do like the 'gambling' side of it...I'm not sure who, but I'm sure some people do anyway:p.
Nice updates anyway (even if my WiFi has gone down, so I'm using a computer to type this:eek: and can't play the games:rolleyes::(

Hope you get your connection back soon Rachael98.  btw, I'm one of those who like to gamble, but my luck ain't as good as I'd like. Lol.

Rachael98
07-25-11, 07:47 AM
Hope you get your connection back soon Rachael98.  btw, I'm one of those who like to gamble, but my luck ain't as good as I'd like. Lol.

Thanks. Stupid, faulty thing. I want a new provider:mad:!
Moving swiftly on:p, I don't suppose that it's designed to be. But that's gambling for you...

julicius
02-20-12, 02:14 PM
I just bought a clydesdale horse by accident (MY POOR CRYSTALS!!!). It's my first animal, what can I do with it? Perhaps I can trade it with someone for something else?

pinkster73
02-20-12, 03:12 PM
I just bought a clydesdale horse by accident (MY POOR CRYSTALS!!!). It's my first animal, what can I do with it? Perhaps I can trade it with someone for something else?

Nope, sorry you can't. But the clydesdale is very handsome. It could have been worse. Much worse.

Deebo2rah
05-15-12, 07:18 AM
I did this as an experiment to see what would happen. 1st time, I got a little bush (24 hard earned gems) 2nd time, a potted plant (24 more gems) 3rd time, a mushroom house (24 more gems). Total of 72 gems to finally get that house. I will never purchase a box again. I felt *****ed.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-15-12, 02:26 PM
I have to say, considering you had a 50% chance each time of getting some of the daftest items in the whole game (the two signs) you really didn't do badly. And it is a cute house.
The boxes are like scratch cards, it doesn't matter how you look at it, you will 'lose', but hope is sometimes stronger than reason. :-)

ThorVII
05-15-12, 08:27 PM
Rainbow only... POST NUMBER 100

ThorVII
05-15-12, 08:28 PM
I just bought a clydesdale horse by accident (MY POOR CRYSTALS!!!). It's my first animal, what can I do with it? Perhaps I can trade it with someone for something else?no ur poor gems...lol

DRL23411
05-15-12, 08:42 PM

But, but , but.............playing Farm Story is a form of gambling.

pinkster73
05-15-12, 08:50 PM
But, but , but.............playing Farm Story is a form of gambling.

Yes, yes it is.

bbieprnc
05-16-12, 07:58 AM

I would be in line to take it!!! Love him.

WendingWanderer
05-16-12, 11:54 AM
What might be reasonable would be to offer the chest for 6 months or a year. People who really want something, or who like the gamble, could bid.

After the 6 months or year, offer the items in the store individually. Those of us who won't gamble and are willing to wait can then buy the items that please us.