PDA

View Full Version : Mythical beasts, coming to a Farm near you!

GroupMagma
06-23-11, 11:11 AM
Check out this new animal coming to Farm Story!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/farm_tease.png

Personally, I'd bet heavily on this winning Mogwai's next Derby. :)

kooky panda
06-23-11, 11:26 AM
How cute!!! Love it!!

Mogwai4111
06-23-11, 12:09 PM
Wow! It would have to be heavily handicapped in order for a simple pig or chicken to stand a chance in a race.

I think you just made Trenae's day

GroupMagma
06-23-11, 12:11 PM
It does have a very My Little Pony vibe to it. :D

trenae
06-23-11, 12:18 PM
OMG I want a farm full of this animal. This is by far the best animal to date. :D

Whoever came up with this one gets two thumbs up and a <3 from me. Pure awesomeness right there!!

lesleypsg1
06-23-11, 12:27 PM
My question is...is it for sale, or is it in a box gamble like the tree cottage. I spent quite a bit on that last box and only got duplicate garbage...I love mom sign?!? So out of place.

So if it's in a box, don't care to bother with it. If its for sale, even for high gem, then I'll let myself like. Never again will I allow myself to get sucked in by the boxes

xokay
06-23-11, 12:30 PM
Why no mythical animals for Zoo Story? :(

MiniLaura
06-23-11, 12:36 PM
This is most certainly a gem item and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it were a gambling chest item.

Why no mythical animals for Zoo Story? :(
Isn't there a dragon in Zoo Story? And a unicorn (or Pegasus) in a box? I stopped playing so I don't really know.

Olderyzer
06-23-11, 12:45 PM
Oh my glitter...Overwhelming!!! /s

kooky panda
06-23-11, 12:51 PM
This is most certainly a gem item and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it were a gambling chest item.

Isn't there a dragon in Zoo Story? And a unicorn (or Pegasus) in a box? I stopped playing so I don't really know.

yes dragon for gems
unicorn out of box

Rachael98
06-23-11, 01:02 PM
Personally, I'd bet heavily on this winning Mogwai's next Derby. :)

Cute! And so would I...except that you said "No monetary bets" on the RS Drinks thread. Lead by example:p!

Can you give Mog one for free as a thank you for being so awesome? He deserves it!

lesleypsg1
06-23-11, 01:28 PM
Can you give Mog one for free as a thank you for being so awesome? He deserves it!

I'll second that. Of all the players I've come across, he deserves one for his positive contribution to the forums. Come on GM, u even said so yourself, it'd be a great addition to one of his events. Would be an awfully nice gesture, and no one would see it as precedent setting because we, the players, will jump all over them if they try.

lesleypsg1
06-23-11, 01:31 PM
Oh, and can u ask the team pretty please to keep it out of the box. I'll buy for sure no matter the gem price (ok, within reason) but I won't gamble on those boxes again. There's usually only a couple cool things in them, and so far, I've achieved only duplicate duds. Wouldn't mind the duds so much if they weren't duplicates!

Rachael98
06-23-11, 01:33 PM
I'll second that. Of all the players I've come across, he deserves one for his positive contribution to the forums. Come on GM, u even said so yourself, it'd be a great addition to one of his events. Would be an awfully nice gesture, and no one would see it as precedent setting because we, the players, will jump all over them if they try.

No, we wouldn't jump. You'd shoot with that big deadly cannon of yours and I'll...I don't know. I'm the wrong side of the Atlantic to jump on anyone...I know! I'll get Rachel the Cow to trample them.
Who else thinks that Mog should get free stuff (will start a separate thread in a second as this is now off-topic)?

Rachael98
06-23-11, 01:41 PM
No, we wouldn't jump. You'd shoot with that big deadly cannon of yours and I'll...I don't know. I'm the wrong side of the Atlantic to jump on anyone...I know! I'll get Rachel the Cow to trample them.
Who else thinks that Mog should get free stuff (will start a separate thread in a second as this is now off-topic)?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?13565-Who-wants-Mog-to-get-free-gem-items. Enjoy;)

Mogwai4111
06-23-11, 01:59 PM
Oh boy...

And what happens if I get this magnificent creature and my whole race turns in to a flame war because all the competitors are jealous of the one who got to select it?

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:04 PM
Oh boy...

And what happens if I get this magnificent creature and my whole race turns in to a flame war because all the competitors are jealous of the one who got to select it?

Get a water feature. Then you can put the flames out. Or, you could disqualify anyone who does or make it have a disadvantage so it's not completely over-desirable. Who's gnomes had a riot on FmS because of the houses, then found the stockpiled wood and set light to it? How did that owner solve it? Surely there would be a way!

sissy8
06-23-11, 02:35 PM
so no peacock i am dissapointed:(

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:37 PM
so no peacock i am dissapointed:(

All together now..."ahhh":p. GM. Explain yourself;):D:p!!!

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:38 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?13565-Who-wants-Mog-to-get-free-gem-items. Enjoy;)

OK, don't bother with this thread.

sissy8
06-23-11, 02:47 PM
so no peacock, i am very dissapointed:(:(

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:50 PM
so no peacock, i am very dissapointed:(:(

So you've said. Try e-mailing pencilneckedgeeks@teamlava.com (OK, don't this is a joke that you'll understand if you look at GM's wall:p).

xokay
06-23-11, 02:57 PM

I meant new mythical creatures, or any new animals or updates at all.. ;/

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:58 PM
I meant new mythical creatures, or any new animals or updates at all.. ;/

Hmm...that might be an idea:/

redbites
06-23-11, 04:22 PM
What's so good about a peacock? Just wondering

SunflowerMeadow
06-23-11, 09:20 PM
I'm thrilled with the regular updates, but I so wish instead of this 'mythical beast', the update would have been a 'real' animal that you would find on a farm instead...donkey, goat, CAT, maybe a turkey, peacock, ect. Hope we see those animals coming soon. Also, TL did a skunk, & I think it would be neat to see a raccoon too.

kinzlee
06-23-11, 09:44 PM
I am not thrilled by this update, I was looking forward to real farm animals, like goats, turkeys, or llamas. I am not excited.

eanddaddy
06-25-11, 02:13 PM
re new Mythical Beasts on Farm Story: Ok, so here's the thing: Yes, the new Unicorn that is available is cute. My daughter is going to love it. (and I agree with what someone said; that it has a My Little Pony quality to it. But... It's really expensive! Holy cow! 70 gems! If you figure that out, at the regular non-sale price of gems where you get 105 gems for $20, then you're paying about $14 just for the unicorn! Heck, the Summer Surprise, (as well as other "surprise boxes") cost 24 gems for a hit of miss kind of prize, and sometimes you get something as good as the unicorn. By the way, The Rainbow Rose Bush isn't very exciting or good, which is what I got when I used the new Sunshine Box. Or, you should get a lot more XPs (not just 175 for the unicorn), when you buy something expensive.

All of this being said, I like the unicorn, but I wish there were also a Pegasus! Or how about making that, a Unicorn and a Pegasus, a package deal.

Thank you. Sincerely yours, charles m.

xSnowyOwlx
06-25-11, 03:12 PM
@eanddaddy, how about a combination of the 2? I love seeing the pegasus/unicorn combination. I know I've heard people describe it simply as a flying unicorn but I don't if there's an "official" name for them. That I would be willing to pay money for except it doesn't fit in with the farm theme so I'd rather use that in a game like Zoo.

myweedpatch
06-26-11, 11:05 PM
Yuk. The fantasy art is not for me. I like the more realistic stuff for the farm.

TL, please keep in mind that not everyone likes girlie stuff.

Can't you keep them in separate categories or surprise boxes?

I was wanting the zen house but afraid that I will end up with rainbows and mushroom houses. Yuk!

How about wagon wheel fencing, evergreen trees, water features, gravel roads, tractors.... But please stick to same artists who designed earlier stuff so it matches and is consistent.

Or for those who like girlie fluffy items make a separate category box

Let us chose what we want to buy with our gems please. Just think of all the complaining u won't hear as much!

nmishii
06-26-11, 11:45 PM
I also like the more realistic items for my farm. I didn't buy the Valentine sheep for $200 since I didn't think they were found on farms. I don't need a unicorn whether for gems or coins.

eskimomommy
08-10-11, 09:23 PM
I 200% agree with you. I am willing to pay. I HATE wasting money on junky prizes. I DO NOT play this game to get snookered.

TheDragonZoo
02-02-12, 06:05 PM
I wants... can't get! Farm not on Android!

TheDragonZoo
02-06-12, 04:49 PM
Never mind... Now It costs too much. Even with the bonuses! Which reminds me...

atlantisonearth
02-09-12, 05:57 PM
This isnt "NEW!"... originally posted in JUNE 2012

iusedtobedigusr
02-09-12, 07:44 PM

Of course not, but so many people from then left that they can call it "NEW" if they give it a slightly different tint and hope the rest won' remember. I get paperback books the same way, if a different cover and quote on back they try to make you buy the same book at 6.99 that you bought 20 years ago for 1.99. But can Look closely at a book TL counts on feeble eyed people and those of us that get to excited for anything new to make a profit.

viviansmo
02-09-12, 08:01 PM

Whoa... A post from the future! :eek: ;)

RealFarmer1222
02-09-12, 09:20 PM
Whoa... A post from the future! :eek: ;)

hmmmm...maybe we will get dark blue police boxes!