PDA

View Full Version : 4 stars then what

whiteheart66
06-22-11, 02:12 PM
I asked this question many time :confused:

we waters and wates then having 4 stars then............:rolleyes:

this won't push all neighbors to do the same .

however , if i want to made some to water my farm I will pick up any farm and water it . 75% of the one you water will do the same for you.:mad:

neighbors good in give it , I'm talking about 50% of them in my farm I have 47 neighbors , 20 of them water my farm while I water all my neighbors farm.

player whant to be neighbors to increase ther farm. no more.

do someting for this plase good for who waters his neighbor made me especial :cool:

thank you

Olderyzer
06-23-11, 12:28 PM
I understand exactly not what saying you...Really it 's so simple not...Do you think what?

Rachael98
06-23-11, 01:18 PM
I understand exactly not what saying you...Really it 's so simple not...Do you think what?

Hey:mad:! That's not very kind. Please don't make jibes like that. It's unpleasant for the original (now ashamed) poster who may be scared away from these forums because of that sort of 'abuse' (exaggerated, but I can't think of another way to put it) and for us who see it.

talyon
06-23-11, 01:47 PM
If your neighbors star rating drops to 0 for more then a couple of weeks delete them, you don't need them.

hectorloch
06-23-11, 02:32 PM
I understand it and sympathise.

You must accept that as an active player you will always water more than you will be watered. Once you accept that, it becomes less frustrating. Why does this happen ? It happens because your neighbours do not all want - or are not able - to water at the same time and frequency as you. If you are very active, some neighbours who can't keep up with you will simply stop trying. Conversely, if you water only once or twice a week, more active neighbours will start to ignore you. Also, as you point out, their motive in agreeing to be a neighbour may be more to do with acquiring the necessary number of neighbours to expand rather than truly being a neighbour. So, unless your neighbours are EXACT replicas of you, you'll always water more than you'll be watered.

There is also a social mathematical principle - Pareto's Principle - that suggest that in any given number of people associating with each other, 20% of them will do or produce 80% of the work. So, if that is true in these games, then, if you have 50 neighbours, 10 of them will produce 80% of your water drops !

Of course, there are lots of reasons why you would still hold on to most of your 80% neighbours - watering isn't the single purpose of having neighbours.

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:35 PM
I understand it and sympathise.

You must accept that as an active player you will always water more than you will be watered. Once you accept that, it becomes less frustrating. Why does this happen ? It happens because your neighbours do not all want - or are not able - to water at the same time and frequency as you. If you are very active, some neighbours who can't keep up with you will simply stop trying. Conversely, if you water only once or twice a week, more active neighbours will start to ignore you. Also, as you point out, their motive in agreeing to be a neighbour may be more to do with acquiring the necessary number of neighbours to expand rather than truly being a neighbour. So, unless your neighbours are EXACT replicas of you, you'll always water more than you'll be watered.

There is also a social mathematical principle - Pareto's Principle - that suggest that in any given number of people associating with each other, 20% of them will do or produce 80% of the work. So, if that is true in these games, then, if you have 50 neighbours, 10 of them will produce 80% of your water drops !

Of course, there are lots of reasons why you would still hold on to most of your 80% neighbours - watering isn't the single purpose of having neighbours.

Wow...you made me understand something logical. That's got to be first in my lifetime:p. Amazing. Thank you for your clear, correct post.

hectorloch
06-23-11, 02:43 PM
Hi, Rachael - what's your fancy for the Derby ? Maybe steer clear of the steers :) this time ? I hear those Alpacas can fairly trot !

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:47 PM
Hi, Rachael - what's your fancy for the Derby ? Maybe steer clear of the steers :) this time ? I hear those Alpacas can fairly trot !

I actually voted Alpaca! If it's got anything to do with this topic:confused:...I'll try not to make Mog (yes, already named whichever animal I get in recognition of Mogwai;)) rush off then swallow cow-slow and half-die this time round.

sissy8
06-23-11, 02:54 PM
i am waiting for the peacock;) otherwise i will try to race withe a flamingo or a plumtree:)

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:55 PM
i am waiting for the peacock;) otherwise i will try to race withe a flamingo or a plumtree:)

Can I just ask what's so great about peacocks?

hectorloch
06-23-11, 03:11 PM
The peacocks are very colourful - at least the males are. On the other hand the gooses and the ganders ..... :) they look pretty much the same. I wonder what the thread starter is making of all this.

driftboutique
06-23-11, 03:28 PM
Can I just ask what's so great about peacocks?

I think the more critical question is, what ISN'T so great about peacocks? :D

lesleypsg1
06-23-11, 04:06 PM

however , if i want to made some to water my farm I will pick up any farm and water it . 75% of the one you water will do the same for you.:mad:

neighbors good in give it , I'm talking about 50% of them in my farm I have 47 neighbors , 20 of them water my farm while I water all my neighbors farm.

do someting for this plase good for who waters his neighbor made me especial :cool:

thank you

If you play the game for your own enjoyment, rather than worrying about what your neighbours are or are not doing, you may enjoy it more.

Also, are you leaving messages?
I try when I can to leave messages. But it's not always possible if I want to water all those who gifted and/or watered me. Life gets real busy sometimes...well, a lot of times.
So those times I can't leave a message, I don't worry if someone returned the favor or not. Heck, I don't worry about it if I do leave a mssg. and they don't drop in. I'm playing to relax. No other reason.
Why not only water those who water and gift you? May ease your frustration. Use you wall, feed, and gift list as a task list for yourself. It's what I do.

whiteheart66
06-23-11, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry for who didn't like my writting, and thankful for like active with it.

I'm looking for more especially for who have 4 stats for week

hectorloch
06-24-11, 12:01 AM
Why not only water those who water and gift you?

Way to go.

I see Mogwai has chosen his final field. What will you choose ?

lesleypsg1
06-24-11, 04:17 AM
Way to go.

I see Mogwai has chosen his final field. What will you choose ?

He did? Must go search forum :)

bellac94
06-24-11, 07:28 AM
what this derby thing??? is there some type of contest or race im misssing????

hectorloch
06-24-11, 09:22 AM
what this derby thing??? is there some type of contest or race im misssing????

It's about to get started. See the beginnings at ....

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?13510-YOU-help-choose-Mogwai-Downs-newest-competitor%28s%29

and stay tuned for Starters Orders in a new thread on Farm Discussion from Mogwai :)

Olderyzer
06-24-11, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry for who didn't like my writting, and thankful for like active with it.

I'm looking for more especially for who have 4 stats for week

Sorry...I was rude and unkind (but without malice). Please do not be intimidated or fearful of freely posting in these forums. Enjoy your visits and make good friends.

nmishii
06-26-11, 04:00 PM

thank you

75% is good. When I go out to the Community and water, I only get about 10% watering back, so I don't usually do that.

I usually only water the farms of those who have a high probablilty of watering back, based on history with those neighbors. And I always water back from my news feed and wall regardless of whether they are from neighbors or the community. I delete neighbors who I don't see activity from in a while, or very sporattic, regardless of level. There are 3-4 star neighbors who don't give me the time of day, and 0-2 star neighbors who gift very frequently.

whiteheart66, if you want to add me as a neighbor feel free to. I play daily. If you gift, I only accept dog bowls, since I have been playing since shorting after FS was available on Android, and have a surplus of each of the other gifts. I don't do construction, since its not available on Android.

Rachael98
06-26-11, 07:00 PM
I think the more critical question is, what ISN'T so great about peacocks? :D

OK then...I have nothing against them; but we do seem to have a few requests from S8 (<---Sissy8, not Storm8:p!) about them!
I'm impatient for the derby to get started. I'll have to stay up late tomorrow to try and get a spot (if it starts tomorrow, which it might not...)

hectorloch
06-27-11, 02:11 AM
No one is sleeping. We wait ....