PDA

View Full Version : YOU help choose Mogwai Downs' newest competitor(s)

Mogwai4111
06-21-11, 07:41 PM
You may have followed along during the first Mogwai Downs Derby (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?12050-The-first-ever-Mogwai-Downs-Derby-(competitors-needed-sign-up-now!)&highlight=derby). Well, the second race is right around the corner and set to begin as soon as the delivery trailer arrives to drop off some new competitors.

Inside that delivery trailer is...

http://i53.tinypic.com/9ru8fk.jpg

Select the animal or group of animals you'd like to see race in the next derby. Top vote getter(s) get invited to the big show. Thanks for your help!

hippoberry
06-21-11, 07:50 PM
I'd love to see how you work out the logistics of a fake plastic flamingo tearing it down the speedway. :D

Mogwai4111
06-21-11, 08:05 PM
I'd love to see how you work out the logistics of a fake plastic flamingo tearing it down the speedway. :D

Didn't you see Gnomeo & Juliet? They're fully capable of moving around on their wire legs.

saintlover
06-21-11, 10:03 PM
Too bad they dont have saint bernards in there ;)

lesleypsg1
06-22-11, 10:17 AM
Oh this is gonna be good!

hectorloch
06-22-11, 10:19 AM
The Black Bull looks the business. Where's the Skunk ?

GroupMagma
06-22-11, 10:21 AM
How 'bout a little fire, Scarecrow?

Mogwai4111
06-22-11, 10:26 AM
The Black Bull looks the business. Where's the Skunk ?

Already making his way to the start line ;) These are all animals I don't have yet. The winners of this vote will be added to the pool of competitors from the first race.

Mogwai4111
06-22-11, 10:27 AM
How 'bout a little fire, Scarecrow?

Haha great reference

hectorloch
06-22-11, 10:52 AM
Already making his way to the start line ;) These are all animals I don't have yet. The winners of this vote will be added to the pool of competitors from the first race.

These are nearly all gem guys, Mog. I wish there was a way I could give you some of them - not that I have any but I have some gems. Nothing wrong with a swift Topiary or a racing Plum ! They had moving trees in MacBeth - not that we're looking for any stabbing here, of course :)

Mogwai4111
06-22-11, 11:17 AM
These are nearly all gem guys, Mog. I wish there was a way I could give you some of them - not that I have any but I have some gems. Nothing wrong with a swift Topiary or a racing Plum ! They had moving trees in MacBeth - not that we're looking for any stabbing here, of course :)

In a way you did give me gems, when you and the other voters supported me in the crop circle contest. I won 45 from there, and all of these groups cost between 42 and 55. New racers by the people, for the people.

xokay
06-22-11, 11:22 AM
How can I be a part of the next race? I didn't really follow the last ones, but I'd love to be involved the next time!

Mogwai4111
06-22-11, 11:33 AM
How can I be a part of the next race? I didn't really follow the last ones, but I'd love to be involved the next time!

Good question. I don't have a firm date for when this next race will begin, I'm still working on a unique set of rules to make this race a little more interactive than the last, but I will probably begin some time next week, so just watch for a new topic announcing the 2nd race in this sub-forum and sign up then.

I'm also going to expand the field so more people can participate, so you should have a little better chance of getting in than last time.

Phthon
06-22-11, 11:37 AM
I'd be happy to offer random catastrophic events to help make it more challenging.

hectorloch
06-22-11, 11:53 AM
I'd be happy to offer random catastrophic events to help make it more challenging.

You'd have to self certify you were wearing a blindfold when you "randomly" announced them !

Mogwai4111
06-22-11, 12:01 PM

Love this idea, might take you up on it..

sissy8
06-22-11, 12:19 PM
i hope friday there will be an update with a peacock;) (magma pleeaassseee), when not, i like the flamingo:), but a running plumtree sounds also oke to me, you run the plumbs out of the tree:)

GroupMagma
06-22-11, 12:42 PM
i hope friday there will be an update with a peacock;) (magma pleeaassseee), when not, i like the flamingo:), but a running plumtree sounds also oke to me, you run the plumbs out of the tree:)

Peacock? Hmm. You've never mentioned this before, so I don't know where this is coming from all of a sudden.
(Your many, many peacock requests have been brought to the attention of the devs, sissy :D )

hectorloch
06-22-11, 01:27 PM
(Your many, many peacock requests have been brought to the attention of the devs, sissy :D )

And her gooses too, I hope

Rachael98
06-22-11, 01:46 PM
Peacock? Hmm. You've never mentioned this before, so I don't know where this is coming from all of a sudden.

What? Stop mucking around:mad::D! Sissy NEVER requested a peacock! "Many, many". Yeah right:p. Well, maybe once...twice...about enough times to match the replies that the FMDD got:p

sissy8
06-22-11, 02:07 PM
maybe it's become reality, Magma smiles;)

sissy8
06-22-11, 02:08 PM
or a goose is also oke, or both:) can i donate gems to moggie then;)

Mogwai4111
06-23-11, 08:36 PM
Looks like voting has dried out so I'm calling it now. The new racers are on their way to the start line...

http://i.imgur.com/pXVA0.jpg

hectorloch
06-23-11, 11:47 PM
I'd like in again and if accepted will be loyal to my fowl - or will take whatever's left as I've been in both your extravaganzas and I know others would like a shot this time.

lesleypsg1
06-24-11, 04:19 AM
Oooo, if any spots left, can I play?

hectorloch
06-24-11, 05:22 AM
Oooo, if any spots left, can I play?

Spots, Lesley ? Wait a minute ! What kind of spots ? None of old Hermann's Inskspots here surely !

Note for new Readers - No, Hermann's Inkspots did not sing "Mrs Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter".

sissy8
06-24-11, 06:01 AM
is the flamingo in the race?????? can i play with her???? moggie you have to harvest your raspberries:)

mattdiner
06-24-11, 06:20 AM
If we're allowed to take places this early, I call the parrot.

hectorloch
06-24-11, 07:00 AM
moggie you have to harvest your raspberries:)

It's an old decorators' trick for a quick finish !

Surely he'll give you the flamingo ? Unless, unless ..... there's an update this evening and there's something colourful in it !

Rachael98
06-24-11, 08:36 AM
If we're allowed to take places this early, I call the parrot.

Can I have Rachel please (well, I can't call Rachel 'Mog' but I see that she's racing so I'll go for her;))?

Also, do the spectators get some of those delicious-looking raspberries?

Rachael98
06-24-11, 08:37 AM
Looks like voting has dried out so I'm calling it now. The new racers are on their way to the start line...

http://i.imgur.com/pXVA0.jpg

The medical gnomes are there...I didn't know that you were counting on injuries. Or is that a new feature:p?

lesleypsg1
06-24-11, 08:42 AM
It'd be awesome if I could have the wee skunk

sissy8
06-24-11, 08:43 AM
i am still under recovery since the battle soo i am glad they are at yourt farm:)

mattdiner
06-24-11, 08:55 AM
What do you mean, sissy? Your chair is clearly ready for the race.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/PicsRS/Sis8.jpg

sissy8
06-24-11, 09:22 AM
hahahahahahahaha how did you do that?????:)

driftboutique
06-24-11, 09:30 AM
I'm still scheming for ways to get an alpaca in there. I don't even want to race it, I just want to sponsor it. It can be called "drift's golden millions" or something absurd, and I can glare at the jockey if we lose.

Mogwai4111
06-24-11, 10:07 AM
No signups yet (besides, you won't want to choose an animal until thuroughly going over the strengths and weaknesses of each, which will be explained in the rules) but I will open it up early next week, probably some time Monday.

hectorloch
06-24-11, 10:21 AM
No signups yet (besides, you won't want to choose an animal until thuroughly going over the strengths and weaknesses of each, which will be explained in the rules) but I will open it up early next week, probably some time Monday.

Oh no, it's going to be complicated.

Anyway, I hope I'm not going to be strapped to that blue chair again :)

Rachael98
06-24-11, 02:10 PM

Please make it so that BST can see it. Otherwise I'll get up on Tuesday and find all the spaces gone!