PDA

View Full Version : Why is this game getting worse each update?

malekeith
06-21-11, 09:08 AM
I started playing bs about a month ago, and its in fact a simple, but entertaining game. When i initially managed to get over the fact that many cool items require gems, and wasting so many gems on misscliks it was ok.

But now im considering uninstalling, this is getting ridic.
-the uppdate i applied over a week ago still has annoying bugs.
?ghostbakeries
?flashing quests
?flashing news

Is it intended that every time i visit a neighbour, i have to click no to download war story, or some other game?
And is the news popup that refreshes every minute with info avout war story supposed to be there?
What about that "quest" u put in there? Where you have to spend 5 gems instantly completing one of the lowest foods in the game. Its been blinking on my screen for over a week stating "new". Yea right...
And the expansion arrows in the garden are awfull. Please remove them.

And lastly, guys we get it. Its a free game and you wanna make some bucks. But you are about to ruin this game completly. This peach cobbler quest is ridiculous.

Rachael98
06-21-11, 09:46 AM
The devs are working on the bug reports and they've had suggestions about what you've said already which they may implement. But at the end of the day, these are extremely high-quality games, far better than other company's so you won't get much better anywhere else. But rest assured that TL will listen when GM comes and sees this later.

nekonight
06-22-11, 04:27 PM
Pfft it Stopped my ipod completely. Its been freezing since update now its dead...

lesleypsg1
06-22-11, 04:34 PM
Pfft it Stopped my ipod completely. Its been freezing since update now its dead...

That could be more a memory issue on your iPod. How many apps are still running in the background? When I play high graphics games on my 64gb iPad, I still make sure everything is closed completely or else freezes occur. In case u don't know how, double press the home button. Shows apps still running, press and hold one until red symbol appears. Now tap on the apps to close all still running.

redbites
06-22-11, 04:51 PM
I have 467 games on my 64 gb 4th gen touch and no game lags or has any problems. Resturant story sometimes has ghost restaurants but other than that there is no problem with anything
Edit: forget what I said above, ocassionaly i have trouble with my ipod and I was extremely upset when my ipod died but I soon fixed the problem

nekonight
06-22-11, 06:30 PM
nope its dead... wont even turn on :(

redbites
06-22-11, 06:40 PM
nope its dead... wont even turn on :(
Oh my goodness the same thing happened to me yesterday, hold down both buttons on your ipod for a while and it should work. Well it did for me

nekonight
06-22-11, 09:12 PM
I tried nothing.. My poor bakery.. I been trying get my ipod to turn for 5 hrs. Its gone.. All my food soiled and neighbors have no idea what happened to me :(

nekonight
06-22-11, 09:13 PM
guess i need save up buy a new one, hope i can tranfer my bakery or thats more money wasted...

xokay
06-23-11, 07:51 AM
guess i need save up buy a new one, hope i can tranfer my bakery or thats more money wasted...

You can. There are a few ways to do it. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device

If you can't get your device to turn on long enough to find out the UDID, make a new account with your device and email support@teamlava.com telling them your new ID and your old ID, your type of device, and that you want the games transfered to your old ID. They've been really busy the past few weeks, so that might take longer.

logon2k
07-31-11, 02:43 PM
I have been having lots of problems with game freezing for a second then shutting off. I have to reload the game and go back to where I was and re-do what I was doing before the crash. Sometimes I have to reboot the game 5 or 6 times before finishing tipping, gifting and leaving a note on their wall. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. Some of my neighbors have experience the same thing, but not as often as I do.

I have an iPod 32GB, first edition running O/S version 3.1.3 (7E18). I am playing the current version of Bakery Story.

gobblies
07-31-11, 03:36 PM
@nekonight I had the same problem. What you do is plug your device into your CP for 5-10 min for an iDevice. Then tap the off and home button for 2 seconds about 20 times- should fix the problem.

jovenal
07-31-11, 06:34 PM
I have been having lots of problems with game freezing for a second then shutting off. I have to reload the game and go back to where I was and re-do what I was doing before the crash. Sometimes I have to reboot the game 5 or 6 times before finishing tipping, gifting and leaving a note on their wall. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. Some of my neighbors have experience the same thing, but not as often as I do.

I have an iPod 32GB, first edition running O/S version 3.1.3 (7E18). I am playing the current version of Bakery Story.

well the problem with iPod Touch 1g is that it is a lot more limited in terms of processing power and available memory to run these games smoothly. so after awhile the game start to lag and eventually crashes.

you can perform a cold hard reboot to force the iOS to rebuild. Doing so will optimize variety of things but it's only a temporary solution.

another way to improve performance, try freeing up some disc space. iOS uses virtual memory to compensate for limited amount of RAM(memory) installed.

yydc
08-02-11, 02:15 PM
mine rarely freezed before the update
but now it keeps freezing for every few minutes :(
i am an android user too
i even uninstall and then reinstall the game but it doesnt fix the problem at all.

Saphical
08-02-11, 05:44 PM
But now im considering uninstalling, this is getting ridic.
-the uppdate i applied over a week ago still has annoying bugs.
?ghostbakeries
?flashing quests
?flashing news

Is it intended that every time i visit a neighbour, i have to click no to download war story, or some other game?
And is the news popup that refreshes every minute with info avout war story supposed to be there?
What about that "quest" u put in there? Where you have to spend 5 gems instantly completing one of the lowest foods in the game. Its been blinking on my screen for over a week stating "new". Yea right...
And the expansion arrows in the garden are awfull. Please remove them.

And lastly, guys we get it. Its a free game and you wanna make some bucks. But you are about to ruin this game completly. This peach cobbler quest is ridiculous.

I don't know what the ghost bakery thing is, never got it on Android.

You can just ignore the quests... I mean if it bothers you that much just do all of them and they eventually stop. That's the only one that takes gems as far as I know.

Flashing news I haven't seen either anymore.

You might be getting good news. Does it offer you gems for playing? Even if it doesn't, you can DL it for free, play for 5 minutes and then uninstall it and it'll stop bugging you. The info is saved on their servers so just rinse and repeat if you get more messages about it.

The expansion arrows are ugly, but is it really preventing you from playing the game the way you want :P

They'll dissappear if you get the max expansion, make that a goal!