PDA

View Full Version : Can't build my easy oven

investmama
06-20-11, 08:01 PM
I've purchased it, placed it, accepted several parts, but nothing happens when I tap on it...ideas?

jovenal
06-20-11, 09:36 PM
I've purchased it, placed it, accepted several parts, but nothing happens when I tap on it...ideas?

Couple of things. You might not have ALL the necessary parts to complete the oven. Second, if you have all the parts, did you tap "Build It" to finish the easy oven? To check and request material from your neighbors you have to tap on the constructible item(easy oven) on your restaurant, tap it again to manage, the BUILD window will pop up and from there you can see what you need and you can also ask your neighbors the materials. Once you have all the necessary parts, you need to return to BUILD window and tap "Build It" to finish the constructible item. Good Luck!

moratorro
06-20-11, 10:26 PM
I've purchased it, placed it, accepted several parts, but nothing happens when I tap on it...ideas?What do you mean with 'nothing happens?..'
Parts are not increasing? Doesn't any window pop up when you tap?
Take a look at my downloadable easy appliances pdf guide:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/z84gC57
and let us know where the problem is.

investmama
06-21-11, 05:23 PM
What do you mean with 'nothing happens?..'
Parts are not increasing? Doesn't any window pop up when you tap?
Take a look at my downloadable easy appliances pdf guide:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/z84gC57
and let us know where the problem is.

No window pops up nor has it ever popped up...literally nothing happens if I tap it. I cant store it or move it either. It's just there, taking up an oven slot....lol

Rachael98
06-21-11, 05:26 PM
No window pops up nor has it ever popped up...literally nothing happens if I tap it. I cant store it or move it either. It's just there, taking up an oven slot....lol

What version of the game, iOS version, device version etc. are you using? Sounds like an unknown glitch.

investmama
06-21-11, 07:05 PM
I'm on an iPad. With the regular version of RS, the latest update to iPad software has been done, too

talyon
06-21-11, 07:36 PM
Plz make sure your double tapping, to bring up the menu. Also try the usual hard boot of device by shutting it off for two min, or soft boot by double tapping bottom button press and hold any icon until they wiggle, then tap red circle with line to close app. Hope this helps.

badger8
06-21-11, 07:53 PM
Make sure you aren't tapping it while you are in design mode. It only works on the regular playing screen.

debbymilly
06-21-11, 10:13 PM

I had an easy oven that did nothing. I found that they are a bit sensitve to things around them. I couldn't move it or tap on it so I tried going into design mode and moving the ovens and counters that were surrounding it and that worked. Once it had free space it let me tap away. When I am builiding easy ovens now I move them to a spare corner of my restaurant. I now have 11 of them and I am in the process of buliding my 12th. My id is debbymilly if you want to have a look at where I keep mine

investmama
06-22-11, 05:01 AM
Ok...it is now tapable...it was either the hard boot or moving the stuff around it....i just did both Whew! Thanks everyone

mamamimi2004
06-22-11, 01:01 PM
I have had success building several ovens, till yesterday. I purchased two more, and after I placed them I cannot tap to manage it. The only thing I can do is move it around via the design function.
As original poster said, nothing happens. I have two ovens I cannot manage, in RS, on iphone4, when I had no problem building 4 or 5 others.

mamamimi2004
06-22-11, 01:03 PM
And I rephrase to state I cannot even select it again in design mode at this point. It won't let me move it at all.