PDA

View Full Version : Gifts: what happens when I decline a gift

Superyalda
06-20-11, 05:24 AM
I decided to build an EZ oven this morning and in order to maximize my parts, I declined food gifts.

Then one of my neighbors told me she tried to gift me a knob but I was already maxed out on gifts!

So, if I decline a gift, is it still counted as one of the 20 daily gifts, even though I declined it?

Also, if a neighbor gifts me food, and I decline it, can the same neighbor then gift me a part on the same day?

Would love to hear valid answers if anyone really knows. Pls don't post what you think probably maybe might be ... I got enough of those on my own. :D

greygull
06-20-11, 08:41 AM
I do know about gifts, but the parts is getting a little tricky. I'll explain the best I can. You can decline any gifts (parts or food), it does not count towards your 20. Some people only accept a certain number, so they can continually tip those gifting them. Now with the parts as gifts, I have talked to GM, and he will get back to us as soon as he has a definite answer. I asked, since the gifted parts count towards our 20 gifts, do they also count towards our 20 parts.

If you decline your food gifts, and only accept parts, but you also request parts, it might not let someone gift you a part if you've already reached 20. Like I said, it gets tricky.

If a neighbor has gifted you that day, they can't gift you again for 24 hours. Doesn't matter if it's food or parts, it's the same still.

Hope some of this helps, and still waiting on GM for the rest of the answer.

Superyalda
06-20-11, 01:07 PM
So theoretically I can receive 40 parts if all my gifts are parts and all my requests are honored?

Today, I declined a few food gifts, but never got to 20 and my neighbors told me that I was maxed out on gifts. I think if you decline a gift, it still counts toward the 20 ... But I'm not sure. That's what I would like to know.

And thanks so much for your detailed answer!

greygull
06-20-11, 01:36 PM
No, if you decline a gift, you can receive more. I think the idea behind the parts (requested and gifted) was to have a total of 40, but I think it's only 20. That's where the area gets grey, since you can't see how many requests others have filled for you. My only thought on that (sorry I'm not willing to try it right now) is to see what happens if you don't request any parts, and only except parts as gifts. It would probably take a few days. Or, only send out requests, don't accept any parts as gifts, and ask each person you requested from to let you know if they could send the part. Very time consuming all around.

And you are very welcome! Hope this one helps too.

mattdiner
06-20-11, 01:38 PM
I know when I have 20 pending gifts and I decline one, I am able to receive another pending gift. As far as how much the newly integrated appliance parts count for, I have no idea.

jovenal
06-20-11, 09:50 PM
I know when I have 20 pending gifts and I decline one, I am able to receive another pending gift. As far as how much the newly integrated appliance parts count for, I have no idea.

Actually, you don't have to decline your pending gifts to receive more. Say you already have 20 gift pending and the another neighbor send you a gift, then the first pending gift on the list will be deleted. It's automatic decline.

Mogwai4111
06-20-11, 09:58 PM
Actually, you don't have to decline your pending gifts to receive more. Say you already have 20 gift pending and the another neighbor send you a gift, then the first pending gift on the list will be deleted. It's automatic decline.

Then why does it say "unable to send your gift" when you try to send a gift to someone who's already gotten 20?

driftboutique
06-20-11, 10:04 PM
Then why does it say "unable to send your gift" when you try to send a gift to someone who's already gotten 20?

I can't be certain, but I believe that message is only sent when the user has accepted 20 gifts already.

greygull
06-20-11, 10:06 PM
I can't be certain, but I believe that message is only sent when the user has accepted 20 gifts already.

I agree with driftboutique.

Superyalda
06-20-11, 10:17 PM

Really?? That's good to know! So if I wanted to build in the fast lane, I could tell my neighbors to either gift parts or nothing. Hmmm ...

jovenal
06-20-11, 10:20 PM

That's because your neighbor actually ACCEPTED 20 gifts and not a pending gift.

moratorro
06-20-11, 10:21 PM
I'm sure for one thing: if I accept one of your part requests this part will go straight in you easy appliance AND I can still gift you with another part. So that day I will gift you with TWO parts.
But this thing can be done only for ten times, because the limit for parts is 20/day: it doesn't matter if parts are given through request or through gift.
If you receive 20 parts in one day there's no chance to get another one anyway.
This is the reason I prefer food gift, and I send out all part requests I can: if everything is OK I receive 20 food gifts AND 20 parts in one day.
As a matter of fact it didn't actually happened so far....

Mogwai4111
06-20-11, 10:44 PM

Interesting, wasn't aware of that. So is it the 1st received gift that's bumped off, or the 20th, any idea?

driftboutique
06-20-11, 10:46 PM
Interesting, wasn't aware of that. So is it the 1st received gift that's bumped off, or the 20th, any idea?

The older gifts are bumped to make way for the new. So even if you send your gifts at 12:01 AM PDT, there's no guarantee that your neighbors are receiving them.

Mogwai4111
06-20-11, 10:52 PM
The older gifts are bumped to make way for the new. So even if you send your gifts at 12:01 AM PDT, there's no guarantee that your neighbors are receiving them.

That's what I was thinking. Might have better luck waiting a couple hours after 12:01 and bumping off that rush of gifters rather than being bumped off.

dewey1025
08-17-11, 06:26 PM

Actually, you're wrong. I've seen where I have four gift slots left and four gifts I haven't accepted, and then someone else sends me a gift. The oldest one of the original four got washed off, but when I declined the newest one, the oldest one came back on my pending list. The 20 gift max only applies if you've ACCEPTED 20. Pending gifts have nothing to do with the gifts you have since they're not actually your gifts until you accept them.

dewey1025
08-17-11, 06:30 PM
I'm sure for one thing: if I accept one of your part requests this part will go straight in you easy appliance AND I can still gift you with another part. So that day I will gift you with TWO parts.
But this thing can be done only for ten times, because the limit for parts is 20/day: it doesn't matter if parts are given through request or through gift.
If you receive 20 parts in one day there's no chance to get another one anyway.
This is the reason I prefer food gift, and I send out all part requests I can: if everything is OK I receive 20 food gifts AND 20 parts in one day.
As a matter of fact it didn't actually happened so far....

You're wrong too. The parts request transactions has a separate limit -- also 20 -- from the traditional gifting transactions you get food from. Seriously, why do so many people talk like they're gurus? I've posted questions and gotten four different answers from four people, and each of them insists they're right!

briguynv
08-18-11, 02:56 AM
I don't know who's right or wrong, but I have a scenario that happened to me yesterday!

I play two games of RS... one on my iphone, one on my touch. So I am neighbors with myself of course.
Yesterday, my ipod game "asked for" parts from my neighbors to build a drink machine. I did this right before going to bed, and didn't yet go to my iphone to 'respond' to myself.
The next day, I DID go on my iphone first... and there was the request... "neighbor needs you to send screw"... so I clicked yes... but I got the "sorry, this neighbor has already received too many today"... I thought "wow, maybe 20 people I "asked" actually sent them already, so it's full." I then went to my 'box' on my ipod, and it needs 40 parts total... it had 20 filled in already. So that told me 20 people HAD said yes to my request that day already, cuz when I sent the "ask", I still needed all 40... I hadn't gotten any early lately... I'd been declining them preferring stew instead.

BUT... then I went to my ipod, and in my "gifts" list, right at the top, someone else GIFTED me a screw... so I clicked "accept" and it ACCEPTED it. I then went on to accept 5 other "part" gifts.

My box now had 26 parts total, all received in one day. So... that tells me that they are separate... I don't know about other's experiences... But I've gotten parts both as gifts and from requests separately... they don't cancel each other out on MY games like some say they have experienced.

moratorro
08-18-11, 08:09 AM
You're wrong too. The parts request transactions has a separate limit -- also 20 -- from the traditional gifting transactions you get food from. Seriously, why do so many people talk like they're gurus? I've posted questions and gotten four different answers from four people, and each of them insists they're right!
When you say "You are wrong" to somebody else you are talking like YOU are a guru, isn't it?
Let me understand better what is wrong in my words, because it seems to me you said the same thing I did.

babalamub
08-19-11, 10:05 AM
when you decline a gift, does it get back to the sender that you declined their gift? if a person sent in a material request and they already accepted materials the request stays on your wall forever unless you decline it. Does the person see that you declined their request?

myweedpatch
08-19-11, 10:08 AM
when you decline a gift, does it get back to the sender that you declined their gift? if a person sent in a material request and they already accepted materials the request stays on your wall forever unless you decline it. Does the person see that you declined their request?

I don't think so. I assume that people have declined at least one of my gifts over the last 8 months and I haven't got any notice stating that they declined my gift. So, I'm assuming they never know about it.

greygull
08-19-11, 10:10 AM
Accepting or declining both gifts or requests does not show to the sender. If you do fill a request, the part will be there for them, but it won't say who sent it.