PDA

View Full Version : Finicky star rating

milkdribbly
06-19-11, 10:33 AM
I try hard to maintain a 4 star neighbor rating for my bakery. I noticed with the last update that even after I had just visited neighbors and new bakeries, that my 4 star will suddenly drop half a star level rating one or two minutes after I just tipped someone. Huh?! :confused: What's going on? How can I lose levels if I just tipped?

To be fair it doesn't happen all the time. Maybe once every other day. I'm thinking it has to do with the value drop rate (ie. drop .5 level values every day) and I just happen to catch it exactly as it drops, but I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this somewhat alarming value difference and if this is indeed a bug or meant to be.

If it's not a bug and TL means to do this, I would suggest instead of making it a sudden heavy value drop to gradually deduct 1 point every 5 minutes or so and allow a small point overflow buffer zone for those of us who do make an effort to keep that 4 star value. Sort of like a bucket of water with a whole in the bottom. Water will constantly drip out but if I keep filling the bucket past the "fill here" line, then technically the bucket will never empty and never show as being empty.

I just don't think it's fair that if I must bother collecting all these doofy red stars, that they don't count for anything if it suddenly drops in value like that. Why should I bother to visit people until it drops? Why should I bother being a good neighbor that tips daily if nothing counts?