PDA

View Full Version : How does he keep a 4 star rating?

Unregistered
09-08-10, 06:23 PM
I have a neighbor who has not been active on farm story for at least 3 weeks yet he still has a 4 star rating. His crops are withered, trees unpicked, and wall is not very active except for an occasional ntw. How could this be, I drop to a 3 after only a few days of not watering. There are no indications on his wall that he is watering anyone. I have other neighbors that return water occasionally and have a 0 rating. Could it be that he watered so much in the past that he can stay a 4 for that length of time?

Unregistered
09-09-10, 02:38 AM
I have a neighbor who has not been active on farm story for at least 3 weeks yet he still has a 4 star rating. His crops are withered, trees unpicked, and wall is not very active except for an occasional ntw. How could this be, I drop to a 3 after only a few days of not watering. There are no indications on his wall that he is watering anyone. I have other neighbors that return water occasionally and have a 0 rating. Could it be that he watered so much in the past that he can stay a 4 for that length of time?

No indication on his wall that he's watering if his neighbours don't post messages. He mus still be watering daily, although if he's not playing anymore it seems very pointless.

Unregistered
09-09-10, 04:35 AM
Maybe they have deleted the game and b/c they are inactive, the farm status is simply as of last activity. Dunno...

Unregistered
09-10-10, 09:05 AM
I think the more you harvest and plant in a day, the faster your star rating will drop. So, if you harvest and plant every 3 hours then your star rating will drop faster than if you plant and harvest every 1 day. So, if you have a farm that has all trees and flowers and you don't harvest them, then your star rating wont drop. What you think.

deadpix
09-10-10, 09:41 AM
I've got a friend (a homemaker) who waters her 60+ neighbors very religiously everyday and harvests and plants (some parts of her farm) every 3 hours (sometimes less) too. She has a 4-star rating. She recently went on a week long vacation with her kids and hubby without her iPad and asked me to occasionally check in on her farm.

It's been a week and her rating is still at 4.

Unregistered
09-10-10, 05:39 PM
I think the more you harvest and plant in a day, the faster your star rating will drop. So, if you harvest and plant every 3 hours then your star rating will drop faster than if you plant and harvest every 1 day. So, if you have a farm that has all trees and flowers and you don't harvest them, then your star rating wont drop. What you think.

This must be it. I don't think he is actively watering because he only has a few messages on his wall in recent weeks saying ntw. His farm has been untouched, (crops withered, trees unharvested) for almost a month now. He was a nice neighbor so I still have hope. I will probably delete him soon though if he does not come back.

This could be irritating if too many abandoned farms show up when watering on social if they had a high rating when abandoned. I have not really run into it yet but this game is fairly new. Do inactive farms eventually get deleted?

Unregistered
09-13-10, 09:59 AM
I've got a friend (a homemaker) who waters her 60+ neighbors very religiously everyday and harvests and plants (some parts of her farm) every 3 hours (sometimes less) too. She has a 4-star rating. She recently went on a week long vacation with her kids and hubby without her iPad and asked me to occasionally check in on her farm.

It's been a week and her rating is still at 4.

That means that her constant watering of neighbors crops exceeds her harvest and planting. She has like a 7 star rating even though it says max is 4.

deadpix
09-13-10, 08:46 PM

Decided to test out this theory on my iPod Touch (my main farm's on my iPad) and here's what happened:

I started a new farm (my previous one was transferred to my iPad) with a new Storm8 ID and quickly got myself up to level 20 with about 15 neighbors. I also quickly watered enough plots to get my rating up to 4 and a bit more and then stopped. All the while I was doing noting but strawberries and raspberries so you can imagine the plating and harvesting that goes on...

Two days after I stopped watering ... my star rating is still 4. Considering the amount of planting and harvesting I did versus the watering, I would say that I very quickly used up any "reserver" I would have had. So... next :-)

Unregistered
09-14-10, 07:00 PM
Decided to test out this theory on my iPod Touch (my main farm's on my iPad) and here's what happened:

I started a new farm (my previous one was transferred to my iPad) with a new Storm8 ID and quickly got myself up to level 20 with about 15 neighbors. I also quickly watered enough plots to get my rating up to 4 and a bit more and then stopped. All the while I was doing noting but strawberries and raspberries so you can imagine the plating and harvesting that goes on...

Two days after I stopped watering ... my star rating is still 4. Considering the amount of planting and harvesting I did versus the watering, I would say that I very quickly used up any "reserver" I would have had. So... next :-)

Now I don't know what to think. I seem to drop to a 3 pretty quickly if i don't water at all. That neighbor never came back btw. He still has an untouched farm and a 4 star rating.