PDA

View Full Version : 6/18 Maintenance

mattdiner
06-18-11, 07:38 AM
TeamLava games are currently under maintenance. I am personally sorry for any inconveniences that this has caused you. :p

kooky panda
06-18-11, 07:39 AM
TeamLava games are currently under maintenance. I am personally sorry for any inconveniences that this has caused you. :p
There goes my morning game playing.....

mattdiner
06-18-11, 07:40 AM
Never mind we're back in business!

lesleypsg1
06-18-11, 08:01 AM
All games still down where I'm at

evanb84
06-18-11, 08:04 AM
Same here.

jenn7878
06-18-11, 08:05 AM
Still down!! It's 2nd time this week!
V annoying, after waiting for hours n food all gone n spoil!!!

TxJewels
06-18-11, 08:05 AM

How much longer?

...and, may I make a suggestion... In the future, could you save your maintenance time for when there is typically a lull in usage?

Thanks

Seedsaver
06-18-11, 08:06 AM
Never mind we're back in business!

I can't get in to Bakery, Restaurant or Farm. Force close every time after "maintenance." But I probably should be posting in the Stepchild, er, Android section. Please help. This is a busy watering, tipping, and most of all visiting day.

Thanks. :-(

mattdiner
06-18-11, 08:06 AM
Ya they went back down.

mattdiner
06-18-11, 08:08 AM
and usually it's hard to post maintenance on the forums because the forums are usually down, too.
"Service Unavailable"

sissy8
06-18-11, 08:17 AM
here to,evrything down, in an hour i have to harvest al my watered(probably gone:() flax :(:(:(

Seedsaver
06-18-11, 08:17 AM
and usually it's hard to post maintenance on the forums because the forums are usually down, too.
"Service Unavailable"

Separate servers would be nice.

mattdiner
06-18-11, 08:18 AM
*It may tell you that you have no internet connection, but this is misleading, since some people aren't getting the system under maintenance message.

colagummi
06-18-11, 08:18 AM
still down here in Vir***ia....11:18 morning

villegasallgone
06-18-11, 08:21 AM
Could you guys please notify players via pop up on the games themselves. This is really irritating. Good thing I started cooking a bunch of 1 hour stuff right before the games went down.

sissy8
06-18-11, 08:25 AM
damm, it 's back al my water is gone :(:(:(

DoubleZ
06-18-11, 08:29 AM
It's still down here. It doesn't say anything about maintenance, though.
All I'm getting is that "requires Internet access" message. Very frustrating. Been inaccessible on and off for at least 2 hours.

kolout
06-18-11, 08:36 AM
me too its either getting an error and force close message or no internet connection when i already on my phone data network. Someone pls post a notice when its working thanks alot.

hectorloch
06-18-11, 08:38 AM
I'm up - but water has vanished. Why does it happen on a Saturday or Sunday ? Is it usage which is too much for the System ? Or does it happen just as often during the week when we tend to notice it less ?

wander1ust
06-18-11, 08:39 AM
I'm on Andoid and still down also. I hope they're up soon. I've been waiting 2 days for my roast chicken and stew! :)

sissy8
06-18-11, 08:42 AM
in all stories every tip, water clean or whatever gone:(:(:(

Seedsaver
06-18-11, 08:43 AM
Even sadder, I'm receiving notifications that there are tips & messages, so someone is playing...just not the 'droids, i guess.

kats17
06-18-11, 08:45 AM
Going on a few hours i could care less of my lost gifts and spoiled food seein as how i have well over 10k of everything i never know what to cook lol.. I just wanna play messed up my morning ritual!!

wander1ust
06-18-11, 08:46 AM
I believe droids are back up :)

jenn7878
06-18-11, 08:46 AM
I'm on andriod. Still down :-(
And I'm receiving notice to collect tips n add neighbour request.

wander1ust
06-18-11, 08:47 AM
Nevermind...down again.

xpsycho
06-18-11, 08:47 AM
Hey TL crew, if you need reliable hosting for your games and site, let me know. I have been a perfect 99.98% uptime for 5 years straight.

@Seedsaver - It's all devices, not just droids right now. If you look on page 2, there are iPhone users that are without as well.

dessertdiner
06-18-11, 08:49 AM
iTouch back up for a minute, down again now.

seastripes
06-18-11, 08:49 AM
oh nooooo, it's back for a while but it's down again :(

i wish they can state for how long and give us a warning first like ngmoco team did on their games maintenance

redbites
06-18-11, 08:51 AM
I'm down, but it's the first time this year

lesleypsg1
06-18-11, 08:52 AM
It's very unstable. Comes up for a minute or two, then all go down again

Leire22
I noticed i could not go here also, well hope it wont take too long it is sute about an hour now, funny is it tells me my connection no working while i have wifi and yet 3G so it sure works as works other things, and only in some games i get info they are under maintenance. I am curently more than month a lot sick and games keep me alive, so i concentrate not for pain.

LiLKim81
Can we earn more gems when the system is under maintance because my food spoiled?!?!

ariesblu
Down, yet I'm getting notifications about food being ready. But when tl finally decides to put the games back up, my food will be spoiled.

Seedsaver
06-18-11, 08:55 AM
I believe droids are back up :)

Not yet. I just hope they're not doing this to try & get the build-a-thing to work for us...we don't need it that bad!

xpsycho
06-18-11, 08:57 AM
Not yet. I just hope they're not doing this to try & get the build-a-thing to work for us...we don't need it that bad!

would be nice but I would rather play than to worry about having other **** in the game.

MrsShrek
06-18-11, 08:57 AM
Why does the maintenances / crashes cause us to loose all our water?

redbites
06-18-11, 08:58 AM
My chicken pot pie is gonna go bad!!

villegasallgone
06-18-11, 08:58 AM
Teamlava. Will you please notify us by pop up a day or so before you do maintenance on your games. I started cooking 1 and 2 hour items right before you shut everything down. Then the games appear to be back up, but no. Just kidding, they go off line again. With the server out of sync issues and loosing food ect because of that it's hard enough to earn enough coinage to buy anything cool. Seriously people! Will you please get it together!!

Seedsaver
06-18-11, 08:59 AM
It appears we may be back in "business." Thanks to ALL of you for keeping me company. Y'all take care!

Seedsaver

TxJewels
06-18-11, 09:01 AM
Can we earn more gems when the system is under maintance because my food spoiled?!?!

I agree! I'm getting really tired of losing everything every time they go down!

...and separate servers would be nice so that they all don't go down at the same time.

Solangel14
06-18-11, 09:02 AM
It was up for I think half hour earlier and I collected all my done food/clothes/etc and cooked more food/ordered more clothing/etc for later but I guess the system went down again because when I checked it a little while ago, I lost all my progress (which included mastering some items). FRUSTRATING.

nvangel
06-18-11, 09:12 AM
All my games are still forceclosing when I try to log in :-(

missguided
06-18-11, 09:16 AM
This is soooooo frustrating. With all the maintenance lately I have lost tips, gifts and food/clothes, not to mention the time and money wasted. When the servers go down we users should not be penalized by losing items since we have no control of when they will be down or for how long and thus can not plan accordingly. if this is going to be the case TL needs to reimburse us in some way. I am so annoyed with them lately.

Furthermore, WHO DOES MAINTENANCE ON A SATURDAY?!?! Get it together people!

lesleypsg1
06-18-11, 09:24 AM
Ok, so it's still very unstable.

I'm thinking this was not a planned maint. But a problem

Leire22
06-18-11, 09:29 AM
Looking like that, cuz this sure is not normal, but then all should be bonjsed somehow, cuz is not fair to ppl, as many things in game are for gems and gems cost money, well true is that proly it wont affect this, but sure it is more than annoying already, i lost many things and am tired make all again.

wander1ust
06-18-11, 09:30 AM
BS and RS are up for me but not FS.

In BS I was putting Tapioca on a few of my stoves when the game must have glitched and reset. I lost the Tapioca on 2 of my stoves but the money was still deducted. Oh well, win some lose some. Just glad 2/3 are back up.

Seedsaver
06-18-11, 09:31 AM
It appears we may be back in "business." Thanks to ALL of you for keeping me company. Y'all take care!

Seedsaver

Obviously i spoke too soon. This is gonna be a fun day.

And this is only a suspicion, but we probably lose everything because when the server goes down, they are restoring from their latest backup or the last version that was working. Hopefully tweaking will cease.

xpsycho
06-18-11, 09:31 AM
Down AGAIN????

xpsycho
06-18-11, 09:34 AM
Anyone else notice when there is a problem the moderators are all 86'd?? they see a problem and run instead of trying to bring peace to people. The problem is they don't have an answer so they leave and try to stay gone as long as it's down.

Wonder what would happen to the games if nobody bought gems for a month or two.

jenn7878
06-18-11, 09:36 AM
Android still down n weird I receive notification from neighbours???
Is it up or down? So frustrated especially my side is now past midnite n I'm staying up to wait for my cakes to done!!!!!

mattdiner
*Update*
Maintenance is what helps roll out the updates faster.

MrsShrek
I agree! I'm getting really tired of losing everything every time they go down!

...and separate servers would be nice so that they all don't go down at the same time.

Agreed! Separate servers would be a huge plus. Not only would it keep some games operational, but it would also spread the workload and should help with the slugginess & freezes. I am starting to believe these Saturday issues are actually server crashes due to so many people playing. Weekdays are not as affected due to many of us working at different times.

But one thing for sure. I take care of the servers where I work. If I had them down or crashing as many times as Team Lava does, I would be out of a job! They need to get to the root of the problem & fix it instead of just applying bandaids.

Seedsaver
06-18-11, 09:38 AM
Anyone else notice when there is a problem the moderators are all 86'd?? they see a problem and run instead of trying to bring peace to people. The problem is they don't have an answer so they leave and try to stay gone as long as it's down.

Wonder what would happen to the games if nobody bought gems for a month or two.

Maybe they can only "moderate" when they're not fixing a server problem. ?

sugqrs
06-18-11, 09:38 AM
We are still down in the central time zone, what gives?? It's 11:38 am here.

MrsShrek
06-18-11, 09:41 AM
*Update*

If this was a planned maintenance, then we should be notified hours before the maintenance! As in 24 hours before! In addition, if this was a planned maintenance, then it is REALLY poor planning! No notification plus planning it for the busiest playing time is NOT good planning!

xpsycho
06-18-11, 09:42 AM
sugqrs it was up for like 10 minutes then dropped again.

Here's an idea TL, schedule maintenance at night when most people are sleeping. If it means you have different sleeping schedules, then be it! You are supposed to be here for the customer (that's us)... Without US, you wouldn't have a job, a house, or food in your mouth. Do you care anything about us and our time?

xpsycho
06-18-11, 09:43 AM
*Update*

And reliability is what drives the economy. Without reliability, what good is the game??

dessertsplus
06-18-11, 09:46 AM
Why is maintenance being done at the worst times?!? Its bad customer service! We look forward to playing on the weekends especially and its frustrating when we can't and our food/items spoil and our inventory goes way down or is gone altogether. You should offer players 50% off gems everytime this happens on each game! It's only fair.

MrsShrek
06-18-11, 09:48 AM

In defense of the moderators, if they are part of TEAM Lava and if there is a problem with the servers, then they are probably helping the team get things back up & running. As an IT professional myself, I'd rather see servers come back on line & everyone helping to that end than to see one of my team posting!

xpsycho
06-18-11, 09:49 AM
Why is maintenance being done at the worst times?!? Its bad customer service! We look forward to playing on the weekends especially and its frustrating when we can't and our food/items spoil and our inventory goes way down or is gone altogether. You should offer players 50% off gems everytime this happens on each game! It's only fair.

I feel ya there.. I work too much during the week and weekends I like to enjoy my games and family. Now I have to deal with just family! This really urks me!

sugqrs
06-18-11, 09:49 AM
Unfortunatly this may cause a lot of people to quit playing. Saturday is a Huge playdate. A few friends have decided to drop teamlava apps from the cause of this. :( I agree this should have been a priority to notify of an update of this magnitude.

JoJosBakersDelite
06-18-11, 09:52 AM
I don't think this was a scheduled maintainence as it comes up and goes down again. As to it being caused bu si many playing on Saturday, not sure that's the case either as it doesn't happen every Saturday! As to being on TL's back, give them some credit. They are working on the problem! What good does it do to post when they don't have any answers. They have helped my with any issue I have ever had. Don't get me wrong I am frustrated too! I will be livid when all my food in BS and RS spoil!!! If/when you get forceclose message keep sending a report, it will get fixed. =)

MrsShrek
06-18-11, 09:58 AM
Ok, Lost Water Again.
When things come back on line, Let's help each other by first watering items ready to harvest or at least blooming items instead of freshly planted/harvested things. Take a second to look around the farms you visit to see where your water will help the most before watering the first thing you see. This will help those that you visit so much! Thanks! *;-)

Solangel14
06-18-11, 10:02 AM
In defense of the moderators, if they are part of TEAM Lava and if there is a problem with the servers, then they are probably helping the team get things back up & running. As an IT professional myself, I'd rather see servers come back on line & everyone helping to that end than to see one of my team posting!

I get what you are saying and I don't expect a moderator to be here all day answering every post, but I don't think it's too much to ask for someone to log in quickly and just say we are experiencing technical issues, games will be down for some time, we apologize for the inconvenience. I'm not as upset about it as other people as I understand it is just a freaking game, Ill survive if my food spoils. But I also like a little bit of consideration.

lesleypsg1
06-18-11, 10:04 AM

Absolutely agreed. Last time something like this happened, Magma commented in a p.m. That not many of them had much sleep. Think we need to lay off the mod. Issue I believe is much bigger than a maintenance. As the games keep coming online before crashing again, I'm guessing they're hard at work trying to fix.

Good luck team!

KIALea
06-18-11, 10:18 AM
Maintenance? isnt maintenance to maintain that something works properly? Its seeming more like these maintenance sessions are because something is going wrong with the server and they are having trouble fixing it.

Ive played an online game where they run a daily maintenance time for about an hour, say between 11.00 to 12.00 called downtime. The players were aware of it and it allowed them to make arrangements for the hour in which they couldnt access the game. Surely if teamlava ran more frequent planned maintenance then less faults would occur?....preadvising players that maintenance is going to happen is just good customer service. Players could at least avoid spoilt food!

flowless
06-18-11, 10:29 AM
may i suggest that teamlava have a regular maintenance at specific time of the week
so we will collect what ever we need to collect

i understand some maintenance are emergency
but i think a regular one would make the emergency ones less

Solangel14
06-18-11, 10:31 AM
For what it's worth, I seem to be up and running. And in case my previous post suggested otherwise, I am very thankful for all the hard work TL does and I appreciate them providing us with free fun games. I imagine they are having a difficult day today and I don't want to make it even harder for them.

xpsycho
06-18-11, 10:36 AM
ok fudge it! I quit!!! back to zynga games for me..

Superyalda
06-18-11, 11:00 AM
Norma posted an apology and said that we'll all be getting gems! That's really nice!

lesleypsg1
06-18-11, 11:03 AM
Norma posted an apology and said that we'll all be getting gems! That's really nice!

I think that was a post from 2010. Someone just pulled it to the front I think. Norman hasn't been on the forums since Group Magma took it over

Sasha411
06-18-11, 11:48 AM
My Bakery Story is a green screen I have food that needs off and will spoil this sucks. Please fix soon I really need to get my stuff off.

Sasha411
06-18-11, 11:51 AM
I have a green screen two days now on Bakery Story my stuff is going to spoil please fix soon.

trenae
06-18-11, 12:10 PM
Yay hopefully that does it. According to TL tweets the games are back online. :)

GroupMagma
06-18-11, 12:15 PM
Thanks for taking over, Matt. :)

As you may have noticed, all games should now be back online.

@Sasha, try and uninstall/reinstall, and if that doesn't work, email support@teamlava.com.

kooky panda
06-18-11, 01:43 PM
I don't think this was a scheduled maintainence as it comes up and goes down again. As to it being caused bu si many playing on Saturday, not sure that's the case either as it doesn't happen every Saturday! As to being on TL's back, give them some credit. They are working on the problem! What good does it do to post when they don't have any answers. They have helped my with any issue I have ever had. Don't get me wrong I am frustrated too! I will be livid when all my food in BS and RS spoil!!! If/when you get forceclose message keep sending a report, it will get fixed. =)
Well said. JOJO. This does not happen all the time. It is frustrating with no notice but I really doubt tl is doing this on purpose.... I play trade nation game and they they also sometimes go offline with no warning. They also screwed up an update... U should of seen that forum board. SCARY!!!!

Rachael98
06-18-11, 02:38 PM
Thanks for taking over, Matt. :)

As you may have noticed, all games should now be back online.

@Sasha, try and uninstall/reinstall, and if that doesn't work, email support@teamlava.com.

I think that we can trust Matt. Thanks for getting the servers working. Hopefully it won't reoccur although maybe it would be less stressful if you weren't thinking about us complaining over and over:p.

Superyalda, that was ages ago. This time we don't get free gems and we don't really need them. They have sales on, just buy them!

loveystory
06-18-11, 02:58 PM
I still can't receive any new food n furniture updates from my bakery even I have uninstall/reinstall so many times :( I have send teamlava an email alrdy but is still the same..help :(

Rachael98
06-18-11, 03:13 PM
I still can't receive any new food n furniture updates from my bakery even I have uninstall/reinstall so many times :( I have send teamlava an email alrdy but is still the same..help :(

That is off topic and there was an announcement about tis. Go to 'Updates and Announcements' and view it!

Rachael98
06-18-11, 03:14 PM
That is off topic and there was an announcement about tis. Go to 'Updates and Announcements' and view it!

:eek: haha everyone! I can do something that you can't! Spell a word wrong when it's one that I've used for years!
*this:rolleyes:

gobblies
06-18-11, 07:51 PM
LOL!
how embarrassing!
back to school for you! :p

Superyalda
06-19-11, 03:16 PM
I think that we can trust Matt. Thanks for getting the servers working. Hopefully it won't reoccur although maybe it would be less stressful if you weren't thinking about us complaining over and over:p.

Superyalda, that was ages ago. This time we don't get free gems and we don't really need them. They have sales on, just buy them!

Yup, I noticed it too but only after my post. Sorry about that. I did buy them, as usual. But I still think it would be a nice gesture if TL offered something to the users for the inconvenience and loss. Again, this is in my opinion.