PDA

View Full Version : Love the new update, a house for 1.000.000 instead of 10.000.000!

lauralafarm
06-17-11, 11:32 AM
Thank you! Also for the avocadotree and the alpaca although it's too expense for my low budget farm zoo for 55 gems.
But love the weekly updates!!

driftboutique
06-17-11, 11:41 AM
I agree! I thought I was reading that wrong when I first saw it. Should be able to buy one next week :D

lauralafarm
06-17-11, 12:09 PM
I was saving for the 10.000.000 house so I could buy one immediately. Looks a bit churchy but lovely to see something different 

xokay
06-17-11, 12:10 PM
I was saving for the 10.000.000 house so I could buy one immediately. Looks a bit churchy but lovely to see something different 

I've been saving for the vineyard, but bought this right away. It freaks me out because I worry they'll change things to gems like they did with the citrus tables.

Mogwai4111
06-17-11, 12:23 PM
I've been saving for the vineyard, but bought this right away. It freaks me out because I worry they'll change things to gems like they did with the citrus tables.

Of all the update items, have there been others which changed from coins to gems? Particularly in Farm? Just wondering if I should also go ahead and snag this now and deplete my coins, just in case.

xokay
06-17-11, 12:28 PM
Of all the updated items, have there been others which changed from coins to gems? Particularly in Farm? Just wondering if I should also go ahead and snag this now and deplete my coins, just in case.

I don't know.. Not that I recall but I'm paranoid, especially since I really like this new house.

lesleypsg1
06-17-11, 12:29 PM
No update for me. I've been left behind again.
Well that's ok...sticking to my resolve of not buying a single gem until I'm no longer the last updated.

This sucks. Very sad now!

driftboutique
06-17-11, 12:29 PM
Of all the updated items, have there been others which changed from coins to gems? Particularly in Farm? Just wondering if I should also go ahead and snag this now and deplete my coins, just in case.

I don't believe so. Also, the week that the citrus items were available for coins in bakery, they were not part of that week's advertised update. It seems that they were pushed live unintentionally and had been intended for a later release and for gems. Since the meeting house is being promoted as part of the update, I don't foresee it changing.

driftboutique
06-17-11, 12:31 PM
No update for me. I've been left behind again.
Well that's ok...sticking to my resolve of not buying a single gem until I'm no longer the last updated.

This sucks. Very sad now!

Sorry :( For what it's worth, I got the farm update just now... and last week's farm update at the same time!

xokay
06-17-11, 12:48 PM
I don't believe so. Also, the week that the citrus items were available for coins in bakery, they were not part of that week's advertised update. It seems that they were pushed live unintentionally and had been intended for a later release and for gems. Since the meeting house is being promoted as part of the update, I don't foresee it changing.

Fair enough, but it makes me mad that they didn't even tell anyone before removing it and rereleasing it as a "new update" for gems when it had been for coins. GM said it was for coins for a "limited time" but there was no advertisement that it would be so. I'm just paranoid now, I guess.

Mogwai4111
06-17-11, 12:51 PM
Picture of Alpaca and Meeting House incase you can't wait..

http://i.imgur.com/9cgQ3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/68mVt.jpg

MiniLaura

That's probably because it is a church. "Meeting House" is what some religions call their house of worship.
I suppose a meeting house can refer to a secular building too, but the religious connotation is more traditional.

driftboutique
Fair enough, but it makes me mad that they didn't even tell anyone before removing it and rereleasing it as a "new update" for gems when it had been for coins. GM said it was for coins for a "limited time" but there was no advertisement that it would be so. I'm just paranoid now, I guess.

No, I definitely agree that the situation could have been handled better. That said, I can't imagine that any outcome would have been wholly satisfying to everyone, since there was pretty much zero chance that they would leave it up for coins when it had been scheduled to be sold for gems. So it goes.

lauralafarm
06-17-11, 01:29 PM
Minilaura thanks for the explanation, I'm not a native speaker  Still like it though!
Alpaca looks great for racing Mogwai...But you will let stinky race too I hope?

Mogwai4111
06-17-11, 01:34 PM
Minilaura thanks for the explanation, I'm not a native speaker  Still like it though!
Alpaca looks great for racing Mogwai...But you will let stinky race too I hope?

Stinky will definitely be racing, and doing everything in his power to keep his competitors far far behind him, I'm sure.

lauralafarm
06-17-11, 01:54 PM
He's got special powers so that will be no problem!

sissy8
06-17-11, 02:44 PM
and still no peacock:(, magma why no peacock? but a alpaca, they live in the mountains and we don t have mountains in farm :( snif snif

hectorloch
06-17-11, 02:54 PM
Of all the update items, have there been others which changed from coins to gems? Particularly in Farm?

Never to my knowledge. If anything, the reverse has been true in that the covered well which was formerly a gem only item became coin purchaseable - albeit as a constructible item within what TL calls Constructables. There was a bit of a row on these pages about that from those who had previously spent gems on the well. Rightly so, I thought. The chances of that Meeting House becoming gem only I would say are beyond extremely remote.

lesleypsg1
06-17-11, 02:59 PM
Sorry :( For what it's worth, I got the farm update just now... and last week's farm update at the same time!

Wow, that's even sadder. Hope I'm not waiting a full week. Glad u have them now tho

Farms my fav., so this really sucks

hectorloch
06-17-11, 03:01 PM
Stinky will definitely be racing, and doing everything in his power to keep his competitors far far behind him, I'm sure.

Well, if I'm among the chosen few again, I'll be doing everything I can to be ahead of that boy. My positive advice to everyone is to get up wind of it and stay there ! Anyway, the race will have to be postponed because Sissy wants the Peacock and I want the Goose and there ain't no Peacocks or Gooses yet.

kooky panda
06-17-11, 05:36 PM
Wow, that's even sadder. Hope I'm not waiting a full week. Glad u have them now tho

Farms my fav., so this really sucks
I am with you sister....no farm update for me either..

lesleypsg1
06-17-11, 05:47 PM
I am with you sister....no farm update for me either..



Sad to know I'm not alone. Sorry Kooky.
Of all the games too, farm is my fav and probably the one I've spent the most on.

No more $ from me until they stop this very mean staggered release thing.

xSnowyOwlx
06-17-11, 08:20 PM

Well, seeing as how it's a meeting house I can understand that as many do look a lot similar to the church design.

sissy8
06-18-11, 05:13 AM
yes we have to wait a week or 2, or so:):)

lesleypsg1
06-18-11, 05:25 AM


I was hoping againt hope they'd push the update to the rest of us for today....but NO!

Not a happy farmer. If they need ppl to be last for updates, then update me last on fashion and n.c. But please!!!! Pretty please, I love farm...please may I have the update before Tuesday....way too long to wait. 

zodiac91
06-18-11, 05:59 AM
Can someone please tell me how to use the parts being sent by friends. I have looked and looked but can't figure it out~ little slow I guess...