PDA

View Full Version : gifts

kidcooker
06-15-11, 07:51 AM
I am having problem sending gifts. I can accept gift but the screen to send gift does not always appear. When it does appear I have to search for the person that I want to send the gift to. Is anyone else having problems like this. what do I need to do the fix the problems.

thanks
and no I do not cook kids = I cook for kids

xSnowyOwlx
06-15-11, 08:39 AM
Not sure, but sometimes when I accept a gift and it still hasn't been 24 hours since I last sent them (or attempted to send them and they were maxed) a gift aI just get a screen with an Okay button.
If that's the screen you are getting then it's because you can't send them a gift at the moment. You just have to keep checking back.

jovenal
06-15-11, 08:33 PM
I am having problem sending gifts. I can accept gift but the screen to send gift does not always appear. When it does appear I have to search for the person that I want to send the gift to. Is anyone else having problems like this. what do I need to do the fix the problems.

thanks
and no I do not cook kids = I cook for kids

If I'm reading your post right, it's actually not a problem. What xSnowyOwlx said is right, you're just trying to gift back before the 24 hours up. And as far as searching for your neighbor to send back gift, it's the latest TL implementation. Now everytime you want to send a gift back, you have to scroll through all your neighbors to find that particular one.

xSnowyOwlx
06-15-11, 09:22 PM
@jovenal, how come I've always had to scroll through? I've been playing the various Story games since about December when I moved to where there was wifi access at home and I've always gotten the latest updates in the games but I've also always had to scroll through and do that.
Is it just me having always had this or what? I've never had the most recent person I visited at the top, either unless the game didn't do that "loading" screen where it resets it to the top but the most recent neighbor was never at the top (unless they are alphabetically 1st), the window just stayed scrolled down to that point.

jovenal
06-15-11, 09:50 PM
@jovenal, how come I've always had to scroll through? I've been playing the various Story games since about December when I moved to where there was wifi access at home and I've always gotten the latest updates in the games but I've also always had to scroll through and do that.
Is it just me having always had this or what? I've never had the most recent person I visited at the top, either unless the game didn't do that "loading" screen where it resets it to the top but the most recent neighbor was never at the top (unless they are alphabetically 1st), the window just stayed scrolled down to that point.

That's true if you're initiating a gift then you always have to scroll through your neighbors. But when you're sending back a gift in return, prior to the last update, that neighbor will listed on the top for convenience. That's not the case anymore.