PDA

View Full Version : Having to Click on Stars/Coins

retrogirl1977
06-14-11, 06:44 PM
I had been using Valentine's Bakery Story but just switched back to the regular version. Now when I collect my tips I have these giant stars and coins appearing that I need to tap to send them to the top of the screen....is this something everyone has to do or is something weird going on with mine?

saintlover
06-14-11, 06:46 PM
no its the new thing... hate it

MissCeara
06-14-11, 07:10 PM
Just wanted to add:

You do not have to tap the coins and stars, unless you just want them out of the way. They will fly up to your XP and gold totals automatically. You can even leave your bakery or close the app before they fly up and you will still get the gold and XP. Likewise, you don't have to collect the red tip rating stars when you tip someone. Just move to the next bakery you need to tip and they'll register. :)

Having said that, they still annoy the heck out of me. For a tap-based game, it's ridiculous to introduce a feature that inhibits your tapping (e.g., they are constantly in the way when cooking/ordering/serving). I, for one, do not appreciate the little mini-game of stars, nor do I think that they are cute or add any value to the game. But at least you can rest assured that you can ignore them when possible and know that you'll still receive your money, XP and tip rating. :)

bosox1222
06-14-11, 08:57 PM
The "quests" are really annoying though

flowless
06-14-11, 09:23 PM
i just hate them flying away or not

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 11:47 PM
So weird, I was so thankful that after TL updated Restaurant with this that they didn't ruin my Bakery as well. I still don't have those in Bakery for which I am grateful but I had to take a break from Restaurant right after they released that awful feature. Why? I was scared I was coming down with carpal tunnel syndrome in my right index finger! After only 1 day of that ridiculous new feature and having to collect tips and all the stars from cooking my finger was twitching and wouldn't stop unless I sat with it still for a few minutes. Thankfully I reduced the number of tables I have on the floor so my neighbors can't leave so many for me to collect.
I don't enjoy playing Nightclub, Restaurant or Zoo as much as I could if they hadn't ruined the games with that stupid new feature.

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 11:48 PM
Just wanted to add:

You do not have to tap the coins and stars, unless you just want them out of the way. They will fly up to your XP and gold totals automatically. You can even leave your bakery or close the app before they fly up and you will still get the gold and XP. Likewise, you don't have to collect the red tip rating stars when you tip someone. Just move to the next bakery you need to tip and they'll register. :)

Having said that, they still annoy the heck out of me. For a tap-based game, it's ridiculous to introduce a feature that inhibits your tapping (e.g., they are constantly in the way when cooking/ordering/serving). I, for one, do not appreciate the little mini-game of stars, nor do I think that they are cute or add any value to the game. But at least you can rest assured that you can ignore them when possible and know that you'll still receive your money, XP and tip rating. :)

Perhaps this is a new feature as in Restaurant after I decided to test it out, I discovered that indeed at the beginning of this feature letting them sit there for 5 seconds they disappeared and were not credited to my coin balance or my XP at all.

MissCeara
06-15-11, 01:29 PM
Perhaps this is a new feature as in Restaurant after I decided to test it out, I discovered that indeed at the beginning of this feature letting them sit there for 5 seconds they disappeared and were not credited to my coin balance or my XP at all.

Strange. I tested this in RS and in BS yesterday, just to make sure it was working as intended. Perhaps the most recent update changed something but, from my experience, it worked in RS previously as well. I remember being freaked out the first day that they implemented the flying items on RS months ago, thinking that I'd have all this extra tapping to do, but I watched for awhile and the items indeed flew up and added to my totals. Moreover, I have had neighbors claim that you must tap the red stars or else you'll lose your tip rating. That was not my experience at all! I haven't collected a red star in RS since they first introduced them, and my tip rating has never budged from 4. I just go to the next neighbor while the red stars are still on the ground. The red stars, gold stars and gold coins all function similarly.

I'm sorry that it hasn't worked on your end. :( I would definitely give them feedback on that!

xSnowyOwlx
06-15-11, 02:22 PM
I bet it was a glitch, like I said I believe it is new. I don't enjoy it and I wish they would take it away because right now Bakery, City, Empire, Farm, Fashion and Treasure are the only ones that are still safe from that (at least for me they are).

xokay
06-15-11, 02:30 PM
The bouncing coins and stars are enough to drive anyone to drink.

laurenrmc
06-23-11, 10:43 AM
With the recent upgrade, I now need to click on stars and coins (annoying). My son who is on same version for iphone 4, (and can get the easy oven) has his stars fly away automatically. Same for my daughter on ipod touch. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

xSnowyOwlx
06-23-11, 11:04 AM
How long do you wait before clicking on them? It takes about 10 seconds and yes, sometimes if they are too close to where you need to tap then you have to collect them.

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:14 PM
The bouncing coins and stars are enough to drive anyone to drink.

Well I'm glad that I don't have them in many games.