PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically, would you be mad if...

MiniLaura
06-14-11, 08:07 AM
How would you react if items that were in a chest/box/basket were made available to purchase with GEMS (not coins)?

Some people have spent a good deal of money/gems to open a lot of boxes in hopes of getting an item they wanted. If you were one of these people, would you be mad if the Villa or the Victorian Manor would be available for purchase for say 50-100 gems?

Obviously, if you haven't spent much money on the boxes, you wouldn't be mad at all--you'd be happy that you could finally purchase the items without risk.

There is no point to arguing that these items should be able to be purchased for coins because it simply would not be fair to the people who did spend gems on the boxes.

saintlover
06-14-11, 08:23 AM
coins vs gems... BIG deal.

Mogwai4111
06-14-11, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't be mad, I don't think I could ever get mad at a timewaster app unless it somehow caused my phone to die or something, but I do hope the unique box items stay put.

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 11:29 AM
I actually like the idea of the box but I've only opened 1 and that was because I had the gems and was bored and wanted to try them out after they first appeared and it was in Empire Story and I liked what I got which was a Trojan Horse but I don't think I would be mad if it was for sale as gems and just something more expensive than opening the box.

driftboutique
06-14-11, 12:04 PM
Nah, I wouldn't mind. I do enjoy the boxes though.

One thing I think would be cool, sort of a hybrid solution between what you're taking about and the way it works eight now, would be to offer an item for sale for gems only to people who have already "unlocked" that item with the box. So once I got a funky changing room in fashion, I could pay x amount of gems to buy multiples outright instead of gambling again to try to get a set.

Rachael98
06-14-11, 12:25 PM
I actually like the idea of the box but I've only opened 1 and that was because I had the gems and was bored and wanted to try them out after they first appeared and it was in Empire Story and I liked what I got which was a Trojan Horse but I don't think I would be mad if it was for sale as gems and just something more expensive than opening the box.

Haha! That sounds like your game got hacked (I know it didn't, but what a weird thing to spring to mind when I know that it's a decoration...)!
Anyway, I've never used a box. Too much risk in my opinion. I might be mad, but 24 is less than 50 gems...so it could be worth the gamble. Possibly.

lesleypsg1
06-14-11, 12:31 PM
I'd prefer box items be sold out of the box, even if for higher gem price

Rachael98
06-14-11, 01:27 PM
I'd prefer box items be sold out of the box, even if for higher gem price

Yes. But then would it remove the 'excitement' and 'tension' of the box?

lesleypsg1
06-14-11, 02:30 PM
Yes. But then would it remove the 'excitement' and 'tension' of the box?

These are things I get enough of in r.l.
Can, and would prefer, not to have in my gaming.
I really lost last time I spun. Whole lot of duplicates and only bears for r.s. I liked.
Think I won't be spinning the box wheel again, no matter how tantalizing. I always seem to end up with dup duds.

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 05:23 PM
Haha! That sounds like your game got hacked (I know it didn't, but what a weird thing to spring to mind when I know that it's a decoration...)!
Anyway, I've never used a box. Too much risk in my opinion. I might be mad, but 24 is less than 50 gems...so it could be worth the gamble. Possibly.

Really? I don't see the Trojan Horse under decorations, and I've got the latest update. I see stuff like statues and wells and such but not any Trojan Horse...

Redc
06-19-11, 11:13 AM
I would love it if I could buy them. Obviously I would hope they aren't too expensive as jems or coins, but as someone who has gotten 3 ranch houses and 2 patio tables all in search of the labrador I for one would be very happy. Do you think TL would really do it??

kooky panda
06-19-11, 12:23 PM
Nah, I wouldn't mind. I do enjoy the boxes though.

One thing I think would be cool, sort of a hybrid solution between what you're taking about and the way it works eight now, would be to offer an item for sale for gems only to people who have already "unlocked" that item with the box. So once I got a funky changing room in fashion, I could pay x amount of gems to buy multiples outright instead of gambling again to try to get a set.
Yes I like this.... Sometimes I love a item out of box and would love to get more but hate to gamble and get duplicates of something I did not like.

I know on bakery I got the wedding cake and when I put it in storage it showed a gem amount to buy, but when I put it back out that option was gone....
So maybe one day this will be added to the game.

cakeandpie
06-23-11, 10:07 PM
Would LOVE to have the chance to buy items out of the box...however I doubt I'd spend MORE than 24 gems for them.

farmerrobbo
06-24-11, 05:10 AM
I've spent a lot of money in the cases, both in FS and CS. Sometimes I've got what I wanted, other times I've had duplicates galore. I really wanted the Ferris wheel (and still do!) but have given up gambling on that case trying to get it. Any changes wouldn't bother me...