PDA

View Full Version : Work gloves and welcome matts. I don't get it!

myweedpatch
06-13-11, 06:29 PM
Hi. My ID is myweedpatch

Can anyone tell us what's with the welcome matts and work gloves.

Most of my neighbors and I get them from our neighbors and they go into our inventory. However there is no picture of them, just a blank box with a spinning wheel and a count of how many we collected so far.

We can't place them on our farm. They disappear both there and from our inventory.

Some of my neighbors say they can see them in the store but no with no picture. I personally don't see them In my store period.

I also don't have the option to gift them, but somehow some of my neighbors are able to.

I'm on an iPhone, does that make a difference?

I got the last update and new items. Am I missing something

How are they used?
How are people gifting them?

jovenal
06-13-11, 08:26 PM
Hi. My ID is myweedpatch

Can anyone tell us what's with the welcome matts and work gloves.

How are they used?
How are people gifting them?

Right now there's no use for it. It's suppose to be use in conjunction with the constructible items. To send those building materials, you need to update your FS. And if you're using the Valentine version, you need to download the regular FS.

xSnowyOwlx
06-13-11, 08:55 PM
Are you on an Android? Androids don't have this feature yet.

myweedpatch
06-13-11, 09:09 PM
Thank you for responding.

I'm not playing valentines.

Got regular FS app update last weekend

Not on android. I'm on iPhone

At one time was doing construction. But finished now with all 3.

What are the 2 items suppose to do? How will they be used? When will it be useful?

How come some can gift it? Some can see it in store (but w/ no pic)? When will we know we can use it? Why no pic associated with it? Do I need 20 to do something with it?

I greatly appreciate any help and details that you can give me on this.

PS I got the update with the flax, anvil and red toy cart. So I should be up to date on the version of the game, right?

CafeNatasha
06-13-11, 09:50 PM
I Play Farm Story on an Android and I can't build anything on my farm. I have recieved some Buildable material as gifts accepted them but it doesnt even appear at all in my Inventory. However I can send buildable materials like weiring, cinder blocks, etc. I can gift welcome matt and gloves as well but there is no picture of it like you stated, and I can't find it in the store at all either.

Chocolit
06-13-11, 09:58 PM
Unless you are using them as construction materials to construct the tool shed, or covered well or grain silo, these work gloves and welcome mats (invincible in inventory) are useless & disappear when you tap and try to place them on the farm. Additionally, they have no resale value. You can tell your neighbors to stop sending them if you are not constructing any of the aforementioned stuff.

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 10:58 AM
Thank you for responding.

I'm not playing valentines.

Got regular FS app update last weekend

Not on android. I'm on iPhone

At one time was doing construction. But finished now with all 3.

What are the 2 items suppose to do? How will they be used? When will it be useful?

How come some can gift it? Some can see it in store (but w/ no pic)? When will we know we can use it? Why no pic associated with it? Do I need 20 to do something with it?

I greatly appreciate any help and details that you can give me on this.

PS I got the update with the flax, anvil and red toy cart. So I should be up to date on the version of the game, right?

Not sure, but only some of the building materials are required for each building. Different buildings that require construction use different materials and you won't know what is going to be needed until you place the building on your farm and tap to manage where you can see what you need.

Phthon
06-14-11, 11:24 AM
they have probably made parts available that may be used in a future update item as well.

GroupMagma
06-14-11, 06:44 PM
This is accurate; some "gifted" materials may actually not have an item allocated for them yet, but earning these items should help toward future items in-game. You can't use these items from the Inventory, but they should help when you place the constructable item.

jovenal
06-14-11, 08:44 PM
I Play Farm Story on an Android and I can't build anything on my farm. I have recieved some Buildable material as gifts accepted them but it doesnt even appear at all in my Inventory. However I can send buildable materials like weiring, cinder blocks, etc. I can gift welcome matt and gloves as well but there is no picture of it like you stated, and I can't find it in the store at all either.

Unfortunately, constructible items are not fully functional on Android phone yet.

marriedtogary
06-19-11, 11:47 AM
so... how do i figure out how to build a building. Some of my neighbors have a lean to type structure over their well. When I try to place anything other than the bricks, it doesn't show up on my cleared space and is depleted from my inventory. Do I just keep holding on to these items?

jovenal
06-19-11, 11:22 PM
so... how do i figure out how to build a building. Some of my neighbors have a lean to type structure over their well. When I try to place anything other than the bricks, it doesn't show up on my cleared space and is depleted from my inventory. Do I just keep holding on to these items?

You don't place those building material on your farm. They STAY in your inventory until it's needed. They will be taken out of your inventory after you've collected ALL the material needed to complete the constructible item. Did you start a constructible item yet? If you haven't then you have no use for those materials.

swati
06-20-11, 02:23 AM
You don't place those building material on your farm. They STAY in your inventory until it's needed. They will be taken out of your inventory after you've collected ALL the material needed to complete the constructible item. Did you start a constructible item yet? If you haven't then you have no use for those materials.

How do you start a constructible item? I am confused. I'm on iphone.

jovenal
06-20-11, 09:30 PM
How do you start a constructible item? I am confused. I'm on iphone.

Constructible items are only fully functional on iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad). To start one, open>>Tool>>Store>>Decorations>> Look for any item with a hammer on the lower left like the covered well>>purchase the item and place on your farm. The constructible item will be fenced off until you have collected all the materials need to complete it. To check and request material from your neighbors you have to tap on the constructible item on your farm, tap it again to manage, the BUILD window will pop up and from there you can see what materials need and you can also ask your neighbors for those materials. Once you have collected all the necessary parts, you need to return to BUILD window and tap "Build It" to finish the constructible item. Good Luck!

swati
06-21-11, 04:33 AM
Thank you for explaining jovenal! Very much appreciated :)