PDA

View Full Version : Info regarding updated and/or new features in TL Games

hal2002
06-13-11, 06:04 PM
At the top of this Forum page it reads "Forum: TeamLava Updates and Announcements

Find out the latest news and updates about all TeamLava games here."

I hope this is the proper place to post this question/comment to TeamLava.

Does this area ever contain content pertaining to "latest news" or "updates"?

I see many questions regarding these topics throughout the forum but see very little in the way of answers, if I somehow missed these topics (latest news and updates) please direct me to the proper area.

I am not going to name specific games where this lack of information may exist but I am sure that all TeamLava and players know the games that lack in this area.

Perhaps I am not seeing the whole picture but it would seem like TeamLava would have details regarding news and updates before we players have a chance to ask them since TeamLava would have to test any updates/features prior to the players ever seeing them.

In redirecting me to another specific Game for "bug reports" please keep in mind that the bug reports areas contain far more reports than explanations or news from TeamLava.

I hope that I have not stepped on any ones toes :o

Thanks in advance for any and all comments specially from TeamLava.

Hal

trenae
06-13-11, 07:08 PM
Well it's tough to give an answer since your post is very vague. Without knowing which app(s) you are referring to, posters will not be able to direct you to another thread for information.

This section is where posts are posted when an app has an update with what is being updated, etc. If you'd like to give a bit more detail maybe forum posters or a community manager might be able to assist you.

hal2002
06-14-11, 08:53 AM
Well it's tough to give an answer since your post is very vague. Without knowing which app(s) you are referring to, posters will not be able to direct you to another thread for information.

This section is where posts are posted when an app has an update with what is being updated, etc. If you'd like to give a bit more detail maybe forum posters or a community manager might be able to assist you.

OK you wish me to be specific ... The section according to the info just below the "Post New Topic" button on http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?66-TeamLava-Updates-and-Announcements To clarify that info states/reads "Forum: TeamLava Updates and Announcements Find out the latest news and updates about all TeamLava games here."

My question is why is this not used for announcements, news and or updates?

To be more specific and I will site only one although I could site many. On June 3rd 2011 the following post appears http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?12492-DON-T-BUY-the-New-Easy-Build-Appliance/page4 that was the first of many posts asking questions as to how the "New Easy Build Appliance" works. I could not find and official comment, or explanation as to how this NEW feature is to be used.

Certainly this new feature would qualify as news.
Certainly this new feature was known and hopefully understood prior to it being released to players.
Certainly this new feature was tested prior to it being released to players.

Yet there does not appear to be any posts (as a news item) nor as an answer to the many questions or comments made in the thread mentioned above or in other threads which can be accessed by searching for "Easy Appliances".

In addition there appears to be some questions as to how the feature is supposed to work by LeamLava support people.

If the feature was intended to be a "beta" test for us players to try and help sort out the bugs then it should have been mentioned long before now.

Again you asked for specifics so there is one however there have been many changes to RS and BS in the last six months, many game developers feel that the work that they put into coding a new feature is newsworthy. Perhaps Teamlava should look into using this official TeamLava forum as a tool to update us as to the special functions built into or added to their games.

Or at least address questions and comments (again the specific being the easy appliances) made in this official forum.

This forum could be a real time saver for TeamLava! There recent autoreply to a support issue states "we are currently experiencing a higher than normal e-mail volume" this volume could be decreased if TeamLava would use the function of this forum to address issues as I mentioned above.

I am not bashing TeamLava! I spend many hours and $$$ enjoying their games and plan to continue playing RS and BS. However, I would hope that someone at TL would take my suggestions and communicate with us forum members/players more.

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance for comments.

Hal

Mogwai4111
06-14-11, 09:52 AM
I agree with you on this.

I don't have an iDevice (which means no easy appliance), but I do know exactly how they work just from browsing these forums and piecing together scattered bits of information. It really should be much easier than that to find information on a new, and pretty complex feature.

My guess is that these weekly updates are still a relatively new process for TL, and more a work in progress right now, but will become more and more efficient.

xokay
06-14-11, 09:57 AM
I agree! I think it would be great on Fridays for them to have a Sticky on the forum outlining the new updates, including any additional information users may find helpful, like an explanation on the Constructable items for instance.

Mogwai4111
06-14-11, 10:09 AM
Really, it needs to be within the game itself. A pop-up listing the new items, followed by a pop-up with any necessary explinations/tutorials.

GroupMagma
06-14-11, 10:10 AM
Duly noted. I'll try to be more forthcoming with new feature updates in the future.

hal2002
06-14-11, 10:42 AM
Duly noted. I'll try to be more forthcoming with new feature updates in the future.

Thank you!!!

Can we begin with a detailed report on how this new easy appliance is supposed to work, it would be great to have a explanation from TL to put aside all bad/incorrect information offered by other than TL.

I do wish to say one more thing so please bear with me GM ... I wish to thank the non TL posters who posted pictures and gave their ideas as to how they felt the easy appliances work.

Hal