PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update irritations

KiwiMorpheus
06-13-11, 05:54 PM
Cross posted to Restaurant Story because I am so cross!!!!

Noticed that when gifting to another bakery I am currently visiting now does NOT bring that restaurant to the top of the list. A lot of extra scrolling and I have to take note as to which Bakery or Restaurant I am visiting FAIL x1!!!!

Also getting really annoyed at the Messages screen always opening at Wall instead of recently opened. Makes it another step to get to gifts. FAIL x2!!!!

While I am at it I see you have stopped the prompts for new apps. Good move!!!! At one stage every second or third thing I did was getting the Invite for other TeamLava games and it was really pissing me off. So much so I just about deleted both Bakery and Restaurant. Two Thumbs Up for that.

In reading other posts I have the following suggestion : Make tasks an option that you can turn on and off like notifications. Will go a long way to rebuilding your reputation.

Now I know that you need to make money somehow but nagging people is just not the way to go. Think about what you do and consider usability before just sticking some new feature because "it's cool".

Speaking of which, Do you think it might be a good idea if you reward 99+ hearts by say a multiplier on your daily bonus screen? I know the more hearts you have the more traffic that visits the Bakery or Restaurant but I'd like to be further rewarded for maintaining 99+, not that that is hard to do.

Storm8 ID: KiwiMorpheus Bakery : Justins Bakery

redbites
06-13-11, 06:03 PM
You're just looking at ways to complain about Teamlava :mad: go away!!!!

xSnowyOwlx
06-13-11, 09:01 PM
KiwiMorpheus, I have never ever seen the most recent neighbor I visited go to the top of my list. They've always been alphabetical and sometimes while I'm going through neighbors it will leave off where I was but most of the time it goes back to the loading screen and therefore starts all over.

Regarding the notifications for new games, they haven't made any. The only way they are getting away with that and offering us the gems/city cash/club cash for downloading them is because they only offer their own. They used to offer others I think but Apple is stopping that. I actually like to be able to get a few extra gems.

xxxxRACHxxxx
06-13-11, 09:32 PM
Kiwi is correct, when accepting a gift the neighbour u wish to thank is always top of the list, v handy if you wish to send the same gift back to just this neighbour, the neighbour who's gift icon u click on was also usually first on the list I think, I will have to chk but pretty sure it was that way.

xxxxRACHxxxx
06-13-11, 09:38 PM
Oh and until recently the pop up screens telling you you get free cash/gems when u downloaded farm/fashion story were almost every 10 mins or so or when you visited a neighbour they popped up and I often clicked on them by mistake causing me to leave game n connect to the Internet they were really annoying, but like kiwi said they have stopped now for which we are all grateful.

KiwiMorpheus
06-14-11, 04:44 AM
Hey redbites, I take it you are the Forum Troll. Pleased to meet you!

So what do you when something ticks you off. Roll over and accept it. OK if it works for you then.....

But I'm not about to "go away!!!!" just because you don't like what I have to say. I think I have some legitimate complaints, and some people agree with me. And from what I can see I am echoing what has been said in other topics.

So take your red face and toddle off somewhere else.

lesleypsg1
06-14-11, 09:26 AM
My main annoyance at the bakery update is I STILL DON'T HAVE IT! It came out Friday, it's now Tuesday, and still no bakery or city updates for me 

Re: wall screw up. O.p. Is right. Nbr u were thanking was at the top of gift list

Now if u tip from feeds, it keeps reverting to wall when you return to go to nxt person to tip back. Happening on all games. For those of us with limited time, it's quite a time waster. Hope they fix

GroupMagma
06-14-11, 10:07 AM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, guys. Though I'd prefer if that opinion was localized to one thread.

Kiwi, your feedback is noted, and will be passed along to the dev team. Lesley, I assume you should have the updates sometime today.

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 11:04 AM
Kiwi is correct, when accepting a gift the neighbour u wish to thank is always top of the list, v handy if you wish to send the same gift back to just this neighbour, the neighbour who's gift icon u click on was also usually first on the list I think, I will have to chk but pretty sure it was that way.

What I mean is I thought KiiwMorpheus was referring to when you go visit everyone individually and then gift them while you are there. For me, I've never had it with the most recent person I've visited go to the top, only when I've received a gift from that person and am gifting back or when I just hit the gift button instead of visiting everyone individually.

redbites
06-14-11, 12:53 PM
Hey redbites, I take it you are the Forum Troll. Pleased to meet you!

So what do you when something ticks you off. Roll over and accept it. OK if it works for you then.....

But I'm not about to "go away!!!!" just because you don't like what I have to say. I think I have some legitimate complaints, and some people agree with me. And from what I can see I am echoing what has been said in other topics.

So take your red face and toddle off somewhere else.
That's nice you think i'm a forum troll but personaly I couldn't care less what you think.
If i'm a forum troll then you're a forum nuclear bomb :p

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 05:14 PM
People, can we please stop using names? It's not polite at all and that's one of the things I find sad about social networks and forums: people start calling each other names when they don't even know each other and it all blows up into a big heated argument and most of the time the original topic is forgotten.

lesleypsg1
06-14-11, 05:17 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, guys. Though I'd prefer if that opinion was localized to one thread.

Kiwi, your feedback is noted, and will be passed along to the dev team. Lesley, I assume you should have the updates sometime today.

Got it this evening. Txs.

MissCeara
06-14-11, 07:50 PM
I do agree that I much preferred it when the messages window opened up to the most recently accessed tab, rather than defaulting to your wall every time. :)

dirigibl
06-15-11, 07:10 PM
When you visit a nbr and hit the gift button, that nbr used to be at the top of the list of nbrs to send a gift to. The most recent update removed that feature. I want it back :(

The nbr list is the most inefficient user experience in the whole game. Sadly, it is also the major social tool as well. It doesn't always "remember" where you left off (maybe 40% of the time it will remember). If you have more than a few nbrs, that's a lot of scrolling. I gave up tipping all nbrs when it became too cumbersome to do via the nbr list.

dessertdiner
06-15-11, 07:25 PM
I also wish the neighbor list would remember where I left off. I too have stopped tipping all my neighbors due to this inconvenience.

On an aesthetic level, I can't stand the new "expand" arrows. I'm level 37, I am aware that I can expand my bakery!

Also wish that you didn't need gems to complete quests. It would also be nice if the quests stopped resetting...

Finally, I find it annoying to have to click so many times to collect and give tips. Major time waster.

However, I love that you get a bonus for visiting your neighbors! That's a great new feature that definitely encourages me to socialize more. If only the neighbor list didn't refresh constantly...