PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! TEAMLAVA PLEASSSSEEEE.... (ID Zeest)

Zeest
09-05-10, 09:45 AM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
Every time I try to take out a new contract my City Story APp crashes! This is getting progressively worse and now I cannot even accept Gifts.

Is this a server issue - Can I/ you we do something about it!!!!
SO FRUSTRATING!!! PLEASE HELP

Unregistered
10-15-10, 07:50 AM
I too would like to complain about City Story crashes. I have been playing for a couple of weeks now and the crashes have increased. It is so bad now that it crashes about every 5 minutes. I have lots of neighbors and it is taking hours to clean them due to the crashes. There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern other than it seems to happen when interacting with the server.

If this is not responded to by the development team soon then I am going to quit and be forced to inform people to not use any of your applications since your farm application seems to have similar problems.

Please respond to this thread and let us know what you, developers, are doing to investigate this problem.

Unregistered
10-15-10, 01:13 PM
I too would like to complain about City Story crashes. I have been playing for a couple of weeks now and the crashes have increased. It is so bad now that it crashes about every 5 minutes. I have lots of neighbors and it is taking hours to clean them due to the crashes. There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern other than it seems to happen when interacting with the server.

If this is not responded to by the development team soon then I am going to quit and be forced to inform people to not use any of your applications since your farm application seems to have similar problems.

Please respond to this thread and let us know what you, developers, are doing to investigate this problem.

Well there is progress on this. It now crashes after about 75 seconds over and over. Way to go TeamLava...

Unregistered
10-15-10, 01:21 PM
Well there is progress on this. It now crashes after about 75 seconds over and over. Way to go TeamLava...

OK, since TeamLava doesn't seem to be able to trouble shoot their own game or maybe they just don't care to, I have found that the crashes seem to only happen when the application is communicating with the server, of course that is most of the time. Could it be that the server is throwing out an error message that the app does not have a trap for and so the app just crashes since it doesn't know what to do with the error????????

Unregistered
10-15-10, 02:23 PM
I am playing City Story 4 hours a day (yes I need to get a life) and have never experienced a crash since starting in August. So probably does indicate it is not City Story crashing..

However, you could probably help TeamLava by stating the following:

What device are you playing it on?
Is it a jailbreak device?
What country you are in?
How do you connect to the Internet?
Did it just start happening, or since day one for you?

I would also consider checking with friends who have the game on same device - you maybe expecting action from TeamLava when it is a device or router fault.

good luck

Supervolcano
10-15-10, 02:28 PM
After being a long time iphone 3G user, and then switching to iphone4 a week ago, the answer is clear as day.

When I started playing, everything was fine, no crashes.

As my list of neighbors grew higher, somewhere around 1000 it started crashing occasionally, especially when I would try to do something else in the game (like collect on a factory) after having looked at my neighbors list.

By the time I got around 2000 neighbors, it would crash almost every time I did something after looking at neighbors list.

Over 2500 neighbors, and unlocking more factory contracts, the problems grew even worse.

----------------------

THen I got a new iphone4 ... and all the problems disappeared completely!

I have 3000 neighbors at level 68 (which means everything in the game is unlocked) and I can now pound on this game all day long without any crashes.

The only time I have had it crash is when playing 4 or 5 consecutive Mini Games.

------------------------

iPhone4 has 512MB of RAM.
iPad has 256MB of RAM.
iPhone3GS has 256MB of RAM.
iPhone3G has 128MB of RAM.

This is why the iPhone3G didn't get all the upgrades in the OS4 update (like multitasking, which is why City Story's Mini Game can't run on it), because it's RAM simply cannot handle it.

Supervolcano
10-15-10, 03:01 PM
As a result of my above reply, here's some tips to help you make the game playable on iPhone3G:

1) Get used to rebooting the device. It's easy to do and will definately help cure a wide variety of issues, not only with City Story, but several other quirky problems with other programs. To reboot it, just hold down the HOME and POWER buttons simulataneously for several seconds until the APPLE LOGO appears on the screen.

2) Try to avoid doing anything related to factory contracts and your neighbors list in the same reboot session (since the game is going to try to hold all of information in memory after you initiate access to that specific info, which is what makes it crash). Solution: I suggest rebooting again right before it's time to collect on your contracts.

3) I know this is kind of counter-productive for the game, but you might consider lowering the amount of neighbors you have to maybe 500 or so. I personally didn't try this solution, but I suspect it might have pretty good results.

4) If you decide to keep adding neighbors, make a list and add all of them like once a day, instead of adding each right when you get their code ... so you aren't going into the invite list so often (since it's completely tied to the neighbors list) ... and then reboot the device when you're done adding them all.

5) Gifts are also a big problem causing crashes on iPhone3G, so reboot before you start accepting them, and reboot again after you're done accepting your 20 gifts for the day (and stay away from your factories and neighbors list during that time).

6) In fact it seems any outside interference to the game (meaning popup notifications from other apps) tends to cause problems, so try turning notifications off in your device settings.

Good luck to all of you iPhone3G users!
I feel your pain, believe me.
There's still ways to make the game fun.
And if worse comes to worse, might consider upgrading to iPhone4 ... it ROCKS!!!
I kept the old 3G after cancelling it and am using it for free as a second device on wifi.