PDA

View Full Version : If we could get multiple floors and patios/balconies in the game...

xSnowyOwlx
06-11-11, 03:25 PM
Just wondering how anyone thinks Team Lava could design the games so we could have multiple floors and also balconies and patios...

Mogwai4111
06-11-11, 03:28 PM
I think the restaurants are big enough as it is. Some of the higher levels take quite a while to load when visiting.

talyon
06-11-11, 04:12 PM
I think the restaurants are big enough as it is. Some of the higher levels take quite a while to load when visiting.

Which is why were not likely to see any expansions due to demand on speed of loading etc.

Talyon because Sissy8 was taken. Lol

Mogwai4111
06-11-11, 04:30 PM
Besides that, people will never stop asking for more expansions. If they do up the expansion a size, the top level to 100, the number of floors to 2, people will eventually start asking for another expansion, a 101st level, and a 3rd floor.

Gotta draw the line somewhere. Considering this app takes months, if not a year to achieve the current limits, I'd say TL was pretty liberal with where they drew the line. I haven't played any other app, free or paid, for nearly as long as the S8/TL ones. As I said, some of the bigger layouts take a while to load, and there's unplanned maintenance at times (no idea if thats related to layout sizes/number of players or not) so I think if anything the limits were set a little too high, actually.

Rachael98
06-11-11, 04:46 PM
Besides that, people will never stop asking for more expansions. If they do up the expansion a size, the top level to 100, the number of floors to 2, people will eventually start asking for another expansion, a 101st level, and a 3rd floor.

Gotta draw the line somewhere. Considering this app takes months, if not a year to achieve the current limits, I'd say TL was pretty liberal with where they drew the line. I haven't played any other app, free or paid, for nearly as long as the S8/TL ones. As I said, some of the bigger layouts take a while to load, and there's unplanned maintenance at times (no idea if thats related to layout sizes/number of players or not) so I think if anything the limits were set a little too high, actually.

Whilst I agree that they are long-lasting games which can sometimes take long times to load, I think that TL need more levels and more expansions (and more floors, patio etc; I created a thread for this which was greeted with enthusiasm;)) to keep up with customer demand. If this means getting larger servers or finding a way to blunt the long loading times, they'll have to try it whilst maintaining their high-standard game quality including the superior graphics.

driftboutique
06-11-11, 07:20 PM
I actually think multiple floors would be a clever way to handle expansion without causing the servers to choke. It could essentially load like it was a new restaurant. Instead of allowing users to scroll around an entire restaurant at once, the view could be restricted to one floor (and would pretty much have to be.)

That said, as much as I like the idea and would support it if TL chose to incorporate it, I think it has the potential to be confusing to a lot of people, based on some of the questions I see on walls and here in the forums :(

Mogwai4111
06-11-11, 07:50 PM
Yea thats another thing, like drift says, how do you see the first floor with a 2nd one above it? View one floor at a time? Seems like that would in essense double the number of restaurants on the servers.

xSnowyOwlx
06-11-11, 08:32 PM
Well, I made this post since I saw others asking for it and I was just asking how people would think Team Lava would do this if they ever did.
Trust me, I know it takes longer to load larger games - and it's not just in Team Lava's games - and I know people will never stop asking for more expansions and such.